ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 163
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
BWillie 06:44 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
On AOC - I would though. You would too, honestly.
I read that England used to call it soccer. America called it soccer and you wankers didn't want to be like the country that defeated you in all the wars or saved you in all the wars so you started calling it football. Is this true? Thank you and I'll listen off the air.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:11 PM 11-29-2022

the hotel was ROWDY when we got back 🎉🎉🎉🎉 pic.twitter.com/xa5lBnDWO2

— U.S. Men's National Soccer Team (@USMNT) November 30, 2022

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:29 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Are you’re telling me a sport isn’t perfect?

Thanks.

You just described every fans relationship with the sport they love. Those ideas were literally terrible.
Yeah I don't disagree with you on most of those ideas. And for sure who you are arguing with dictates the tone you had. I think you know though that my point is that if people are talking about what could make the sport better, there are ways. Your original post came off like the sport is perfect. Or at least read that way.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:34 PM 11-29-2022
US can be so much more dynamic than they have been. They have not been great with medium range passes and interplay within the final third especially close to the goal. I think we will be ok putting away good chances but I worry about us creating truly good chances. They are good at creating danger but it does not always lead to a quality chance.
What's the deal with set pieces? I feel like we used to always be good at them but now with this generation we aren't. Is that a coaching or that this group just doesn't have the skill set for it? Pulisic doesn't seem to be great at his services. I know they keep talking about the coach they brought in. I guess guys like Altidore had an impact on it.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:41 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
There are plenty of people around the world that don't like some of the antics that come with time wasting or flopping. Don't exaggerate to make a point. There are issues that even hardcore soccer fans don't like. You can even see it in the different styles of play from regions like North America and Europe(minus Italy) compared to Latin America.
I think it was such a mainstay of American soccer for so long because we had to out muscle or our athlete teams to win whereas now we have more traditional soccer players so set pieces don't seem to be as much of a focus for better or for worse.

With my work schedule I have not been able to watch these games as closely as I would have liked it feels like our service is ok but we have not done a great job getting at the other end of them.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:42 PM 11-29-2022
I think it was such a mainstay of American soccer for so long because we had to out muscle or our athlete teams to win whereas now we have more traditional soccer players so set pieces don't seem to be as much of a focus for better or for worse.

With my work schedule I have not been able to watch these games as closely as I would have liked it feels like our service is ok but we have not done a great job getting at the other end of them.
Would be fun to see what the ceiling of this team is if they ever find a striker.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:43 PM 11-29-2022
Mussh is going to be a star…more than he already is.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:44 PM 11-29-2022
Would be fun to see what the ceiling of this team is if they ever find a striker.

[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:44 PM 11-29-2022
Hopefully in 4 years. Pepi could have blown up by then.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:52 PM 11-29-2022
The only rule I know is of my King and I can tell you that he'd be doing a better job at it than Biden and his succubus AOC.
Please Romper this idiot
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:52 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by alanm:
A squash would be doing a better job. :-)
And this idiot has been here long enough he should know the rules.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 07:54 PM 11-29-2022
Got any examples lad? I use the correct terminology for American Football because I'm not an ignoramus.
Yeah it’s called your post history/profile.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:57 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Does anyone know the recovery period for an injury like this?
About 5 minutes for a normal person.

3-5 weeks for a soccer player.

I watched today. The game itself was very watchable.

I just don't get the histrionics every time someone gets touched. The one Iranian dude toward the end who went down in the corner like he got hit in the head by a sniper bullet and started screaming and flopping around and then got up 30 seconds later...wtf is that? Why do they all do that so often? Trying to draw a foul or a card I get, but when they see the ref isn't going to call it why do they flop around like drama queens for the next 5 minutes? Rest? I seriously want to know - because it kinda ruins it for me tbh.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:58 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Hopefully in 4 years. Pepi could have blown up by then.
Yeah that would be great. They've had a few young kids cycle through with high upside and so far nobody has taken the reigns. Understandable with some of them being so young.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 08:16 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
About 5 minutes for a normal person.

3-5 weeks for a soccer player.

I watched today. The game itself was very watchable.

I just don't get the histrionics every time someone gets touched. The one Iranian dude toward the end who went down in the corner like he got hit in the head by a sniper bullet and started screaming and flopping around and then got up 30 seconds later...wtf is that? Why do they all do that so often? Trying to draw a foul or a card I get, but when they see the ref isn't going to call it why do they flop around like drama queens for the next 5 minutes? Rest? I seriously want to know - because it kinda ruins it for me tbh.
Yes and no, from my experience it’s all a secondary game on its own. This year is a lot better because of the added stoppage at the end but the last 10-15 minutes is the same as it was back in the early 2000’s…

I don’t fault anyone for hating on the flopping, even European fans hate that garbage which is why I think fifa implemented this new rule.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 163
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124 > Last »
Up