ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 469
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
cmh6476 07:10 AM 05-11-2022
who is starting tonight?
[Reply]
nychief 07:29 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
who is starting tonight?

Ryan O'Hearn batting 1-9.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:36 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
He's got grit.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:00 AM 05-11-2022
I meant starting pitcher, but at this point why not
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:02 AM 05-11-2022
For those yelling for Pratto and Vinny, remember this:

A) Pratto is on the IR
B) Vinny is not on the 40 man roster
C) BWJ and MJ were more polished and big league ready and they aren't exactly lighting it up
D)Both haven't had long success at all minor league levels, they do need to prove some more
E) Patience they will be up in Kansas City sometime this year
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:05 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
He's got grit.
O'Hearn has spunk.

I HATE spunk!!!
[Reply]
nychief 10:07 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

A) Pratto is on the IR
C) BWJ and MJ were more polished and big league ready and they aren't exactly lighting it up
D)Both haven't had long success at all minor league levels, they do need to prove some more

Counterpoint: Ryan Ohearn and Carlos Santana are not major league players and that is who we are running out there... The team is garabage - let the kids play and learn against the best. Dayton Moore and Matheny retire to the Megachurch.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:09 AM 05-11-2022
WWJDFA?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:16 AM 05-11-2022
Counterpoint: Ryan Ohearn and Carlos Santana are not major league players and that is who we are running out there... The team is garabage - let the kids play and learn against the best. Dayton Moore and Matheny retire to the Megachurch.
And that is how you ruin prospects as well and build in excuses to keep turds manager and coaches around with playing youth.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:19 AM 05-11-2022

A) Pratto is on the IR
I hope I’m wrong (I’m admittedly a glass half-empty royals fan) but I have a feeling Vinnie P will be another royals 1B/DH AAAA player who has success in the minors but can’t duplicate it at the major league level such as Calvin Pickering, Kila Ka’aihue, Ryan o’hearn etc etc
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 10:20 AM 05-11-2022
Some of you are a bit triggered by the religion thing, honestly. It's a big part of who they are. But ultimately, the owner will (or won't) hold his organization accountable and force changes based on results, and those aren't there.

They aren't producing.
They aren't developing.
They aren't throwing strikes.
They aren't getting strikeouts.

It's just a rough scene right now. Kind of reminds me of the "Our Time" season.
[Reply]
nychief 10:37 AM 05-11-2022
And that is how you ruin prospects as well and build in excuses to keep turds manager and coaches around with playing youth.

Double A is ML proving ground and they've hit there. I mean if Witt and MJ are here...why not Pratto (when healthy) or Vinnie? It's not a false equivalency.

Dayton Moore has been a day late and dollar short on soooo many decisions over the last 8 years, that I don't know how anybody can trust him see this through.

Whit getting old fast is a disaster - especially with the deals Dayton left on the table for him over the years - why? "He plays the game the right way." But you know what? WE'VE SEEN IT BEFORE... with fucking Gordon, the last shitty contract where a guy got old immediately. Or... with Duffy, for that matter. And you can't cry poverty then miss on the few contracts you do give out. Gordon, Duffy, Santana...fucking Ian Kennedy.

Dayton's bullshit loyalty has set this franchise back years... I'm just done. We need a fresh voice...and it's not going to happen.

This team is unwatchable.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:48 AM 05-11-2022

Dayton Moore has been a day late and dollar short on soooo many decisions over the last 8 years, that I don't know how anybody can trust him see this through.

Whit getting old fast is a disaster - especially with the deals Dayton left on the table for him over the years - why? "He plays the game the right way." But you know what? WE'VE SEEN IT BEFORE... with ****ing Gordon, the last shitty contract where a guy got old immediately. Or... with Duffy, for that matter. And you can't cry poverty then miss on the few contracts you do give out. Gordon, Duffy, Santana...****ing Ian Kennedy.

This team is unwatchable.
I think I know what's going on. I bet GMDM and all the aforementioned players all attended the same church in Leawood. If you pay them big bucks, and if they're committed to their faith, they tithe 10% to the church. So, that way, they can all worship in luxury. Just a theory.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:54 AM 05-11-2022
The coaching staff is way more problem than the front office acquiring players.

I would like to be pissed at trading Whit if an actual decent offer had came for him. Royals never were offered a top 100 prospect for him and the actual trades that went down during the deadline most would have been pissed if the Royals did it.

Majority of all free agency deals in baseball are farces and every team falls on their ass with them. Its not just the Royals. Prison Bitch beats off to the Fangraph numbers on those all the time.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:58 AM 05-11-2022
Nice article summing up the sucktitude. Comments are good also.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2022/5/...-it-always-has
[Reply]
Page 74 of 469
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up