ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 78
« First < 24647071727374 75767778 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:58 AM 07-21-2022
Disney World descends into chaos as 2 families brawl in huge Magic Kingdom fight

A dispute between two families in line at Disney World turned ugly on Wednesday when the altercation escalated into an all-out brawl.

Somewhere in Fantasyland between Cinderella's Castle and Peter Pan's Flight, the warring families traded punches and profanity, as onlookers screamed in the background, Fox 35 reported. The fracas continued at the Orlando, Florida theme park for several minutes before park personnel and deputies broke it up.

"We came upon it, and it appeared as though it took about two minutes for two security personnel to arrive. Deputies arrived probably about five minutes after that," an eyewitness told the local Fox station.

According to the Daily Mail's reporting, the incident began when a female Disney guest waiting to get into Mickey's PhilharMagic realized she had left her phone on her electric conveyance vehicle and left the line to get it, while her family remained. When she returned, another family tried to block her from rejoining the line. Her family then reportedly waited outside the theater and confronted the other group.

"We don't appreciate you guys pushing my younger sister," one of them reportedly said to the other family.

From there, the confrontation devolved into a shouting match and then a physical fight before security and law enforcement got involved.

One of the men involved ended up hospitalized with a facial laceration with others suffering smaller bruises, the Daily Mail reported.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office confirmed the hospitalization and told Fox News that they arrested three people for misdemeanor battery.

Videos of the incident began popping up on social media but were later taken down. Footage of the brawl can still be found on the Walt Disney World News Today blog.

This is hardly the first fight at the Disney park this year. In May, deputies told Fox 35 a woman reportedly suffered bleeding on her brain after hitting her head on the ground during a fight she and her husband had with other park visitors as they tried to situate themselves before a fireworks show.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/disney-wo...-kingdom-fight
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:05 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Disney World descends into chaos as 2 families brawl in huge Magic Kingdom fight

A dispute between two families in line at Disney World turned ugly on Wednesday when the altercation escalated into an all-out brawl.

Somewhere in Fantasyland between Cinderella's Castle and Peter Pan's Flight, the warring families traded punches and profanity, as onlookers screamed in the background, Fox 35 reported. The fracas continued at the Orlando, Florida theme park for several minutes before park personnel and deputies broke it up.

"We came upon it, and it appeared as though it took about two minutes for two security personnel to arrive. Deputies arrived probably about five minutes after that," an eyewitness told the local Fox station.

According to the Daily Mail's reporting, the incident began when a female Disney guest waiting to get into Mickey's PhilharMagic realized she had left her phone on her electric conveyance vehicle and left the line to get it, while her family remained. When she returned, another family tried to block her from rejoining the line. Her family then reportedly waited outside the theater and confronted the other group.

"We don't appreciate you guys pushing my younger sister," one of them reportedly said to the other family.

From there, the confrontation devolved into a shouting match and then a physical fight before security and law enforcement got involved.

One of the men involved ended up hospitalized with a facial laceration with others suffering smaller bruises, the Daily Mail reported.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office confirmed the hospitalization and told Fox News that they arrested three people for misdemeanor battery.

Videos of the incident began popping up on social media but were later taken down. Footage of the brawl can still be found on the Walt Disney World News Today blog.

This is hardly the first fight at the Disney park this year. In May, deputies told Fox 35 a woman reportedly suffered bleeding on her brain after hitting her head on the ground during a fight she and her husband had with other park visitors as they tried to situate themselves before a fireworks show.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/disney-wo...-kingdom-fight
the happiest place on earth
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:14 AM 07-21-2022
Sometimes I'm surprised there aren't more altercations, honestly.

You're already pissed off because you dropped $5k to bring your family, then you get there and it's hot as shit, hour-long lines everywhere, foreigners with no concept of personal space, etc.
[Reply]
Spott 10:28 AM 07-21-2022
At least they all have matching shirts to celebrate the occasion. Happy 6th birthday Prince Amir.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:05 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Sometimes I'm surprised there aren't more altercations, honestly.

You're already pissed off because you dropped $5k to bring your family, then you get there and it's hot as shit, hour-long lines everywhere, foreigners with no concept of personal space, etc.
Good point.

I have been dozens of times and worked there in the DCP. It is a pressure cooker situation and with the gradual downgrade in the parks under the current leadership, I am surprised that most folks aren't losing it.

It is hot, pricey, many foreigners push through like they own the place (you don't know hell until a foreign tour group of 100+ barrels by), and upset kids.

Combine that with the recent reduction in humanity decency. Gonna be more incidents soon.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:14 AM 07-21-2022
I remember when Guru just "happened" to always schedule his Disney World visits during Gay Days at Disney.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:20 PM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I remember when Guru just "happened" to always schedule his Disney World visits during Gay Days at Disney.
Is Guru a poster here? Who is Guru?

Because this exact storyline played out over a period of years on the Howard Stern show. It was High Pitched Eric and he loved Disney and had frequent stories of his trips to their parks, but he always went by himself.

Then someone, might have been Ralph, went through the timing of his Disney visits and realized they all were on Gay Days. At first High Pitch Eric denied it, or said it was coincidental, but it was very soon after that HPE came out of the closet as a homosexual live on air in a dramatic episode of the show.

Not sure what happened from there cause my Sirius radio subscription ran out.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:36 PM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Is Guru a poster here? Who is Guru?

Because this exact storyline played out over a period of years on the Howard Stern show. It was High Pitched Eric and he loved Disney and had frequent stories of his trips to their parks, but he always went by himself.

Then someone, might have been Ralph, went through the timing of his Disney visits and realized they all were on Gay Days. At first High Pitch Eric denied it, or said it was coincidental, but it was very soon after that HPE came out of the closet as a homosexual live on air in a dramatic episode of the show.

Not sure what happened from there cause my Sirius radio subscription ran out.
I think he goes by 007 now. It was either coincidence that he was there, or it was just when his family could all get away. I just like to give him shit about it - but I'm not sure he'll see this. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 12:54 PM 07-21-2022
My wife wants to go to Disney next year or something like that. Of course my son wants to go because his cousins all went this year. I'm gonna convince her there's better ways to spend 10 grand. Fuck that place.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:02 PM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
My wife wants to go to Disney next year or something like that. Of course my son wants to go because his cousins all went this year. I'm gonna convince her there's better ways to spend 10 grand. Fuck that place.
Honestly, as a native Orlandoan (Orlandoite?) and someone who loves the area and theme parks, the only way it'd be worth it is if you made it a whole week of Florida vacationing.

Hit Disney/Universal for two or three days, go to the beach a day or two, hit a springs somewhere, go to the Space Center if you're into that, etc.

I couldn't imagine dropping $5-10k to stand in lines for an hour in sweltering heat for five days straight.
[Reply]
Spott 01:22 PM 07-21-2022
Honestly, as a native Orlandoan (Orlandoite?) and someone who loves the area and theme parks, the only way it'd be worth it is if you made it a whole week of Florida vacationing.

Hit Disney/Universal for two or three days, go to the beach a day or two, hit a springs somewhere, go to the Space Center if you're into that, etc.

I couldn't imagine dropping $5-10k to stand in lines for an hour in sweltering heat for five days straight.
Yeah, that would be pretty brutal. I actually go to Disney fairly often but only because my brother-in-law is an employee and we get to go for free. I can’t imagine shelling out that kind of money to wait in line all day long just to go on a few rides.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:31 PM 07-21-2022
Have a Magical Day!
[Reply]
Eureka 05:41 PM 07-21-2022

Isn't the weather good part of the year? I went to FL (Coastal) during winter months a few times and the weather seemed very nice. Maybe coastal weather is better?

I do remember being holdover in Orlando one night and it was really hot/humid during a nightly walk. F that stuff as I'm spoiled by CA Bay Area (no humidity) weather.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:45 PM 07-21-2022

Yeah with the way the parks are set up now, dropping in for just a day is a waste of money. It is a week long commitment now.
[Reply]
Spott 05:53 PM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Isn't the weather good part of the year? I went to FL (Coastal) during winter months a few times and the weather seemed very nice. Maybe coastal weather is better?

I do remember being holdover in Orlando one night and it was really hot/humid during a nightly walk. F that stuff as I'm spoiled by CA Bay Area (no humidity) weather.
It’s very nice here in the winter, although it’s probably still somewhat humid. A good time to go to the parks here is the week after Thanksgiving when it’s usually not too hot and all the big crowds have left.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 78
« First < 24647071727374 75767778 >
Up