ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 335
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:50 PM 10-15-2015
How do show watchers feel about Grey Worm?

I find myself getting annoyed when he's on screen. Aside from the lovely, faptastic Misandei, he doesn't even make sense. One of the most badass armies on the planet elects a dude that looks like he weighs 140 lbs as its leader?
[Reply]
Bambi 07:13 PM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I find myself getting annoyed when he's on screen. Aside from the lovely, faptastic Misandei, he doesn't even make sense. One of the most badass armies on the planet elects a dude that looks like he weighs 140 lbs as its leader?
He sucks. This I can confirm.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:21 PM 10-15-2015

There was a short time there where they were developing his character. Then they quit. They couldn't even have him do much badassery when him and Semly got hacked apart.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:08 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
There was a short time there where they were developing his character. Then they quit. They couldn't even have him do much badassery when him and Semly got hacked apart.
This. They should have evolved his character into the badass he was meant to be. Instead they went all love story and ruined him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:00 PM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
This. They should have evolved his character into the badass he was meant to be. Instead they went all love story and ruined him.
I don't necessarily hate the love story angle. I mean it is a little different than normal because grey worm is certainly not just out to dip his wick.

But they should have absolutely established him as a soul crushing killer before the love story. Rather than just talking about how fierce they are even though bitches with knives tear through them and talking about how the unsullied respect him and elected him as their leader even though none of them have ever talked to my recollection.

It's a pretty small part of the story but it sucks that they've fumbled it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:03 PM 10-16-2015
I finally finished A Feast For Crows. The first half was such a grind. I stopped reading after 300 pages months ago and just decided to pick it back up again a few weeks ago. Thankfully it hit its stride shortly thereafter and I was able to read the final 600-ish pages in the past couple weeks.

A few things:

At this point, the books are so different from the movies in places, it's almost like a different universe.

I have to say, I liked the idea of Jamie at Riverrun more than Dorne, although that wasn't a bad idea in and of itself. They just botched those fucking Sand Snakes something fierce.

Foregoing the inclusion of the Ironborn and Arianne was kind of weak. The Ironborn chapters, particularly the Kingsmoot, were some of my favorite. I enjoyed Arianne's scheming as well, with the little nugget that Doran had promised her to Viserys being dropped in near the end of the book. Once Daenarys makes here way back to Westeros, there's no question that she'll have Dorne at her side. Then Elia, Oberyn, the Sand Snakes, Ellaria and Doran will finally get their revenge on the Lannisters.

The Blackfish is fucking awesome.. And he didn't even do shit. Martin has a great ability to convey the badassness of a character without ever actually showing him doing anything.

Victarion is also a fucking beast. He caught the dude's sword with a mailed hand. That's bad-fucking-ass. It'll be interesting to see how he is received by Daenerys.

Jamie. That guy is a totally different character. Of all of him, his progression is my favorite. I really fucking hated that dude at the start. Now he's probably my favorite character. When he smacked the guy at the bear pit for calling Brienne an ugly wench and denying Cersei's request for the trial by combat- those were some really triumphant moments in his storyline, IMO.

Damn, this post is getting long as hell so I'll wrap it up by saying fuck Cersei and I loved every second of her getting what's been coming to her. She thinks herself clever and totally did herself in. Littlefinger is also a cunning bastard. But I wonder what he gains from marrying Sansa off?
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:14 PM 10-18-2015
I finally finished A Feast For Crows. The first half was such a grind. I stopped reading after 300 pages months ago and just decided to pick it back up again a few weeks ago. Thankfully it hit its stride shortly thereafter and I was able to read the final 600-ish pages in the past couple weeks.

A few things:

At this point, the books are so different from the movies in places, it's almost like a different universe.

I have to say, I liked the idea of Jamie at Riverrun more than Dorne, although that wasn't a bad idea in and of itself. They just botched those ****ing Sand Snakes something fierce.

Foregoing the inclusion of the Ironborn and Arianne was kind of weak. The Ironborn chapters, particularly the Kingsmoot, were some of my favorite. I enjoyed Arianne's scheming as well, with the little nugget that Doran had promised her to Viserys being dropped in near the end of the book. Once Daenarys makes here way back to Westeros, there's no question that she'll have Dorne at her side. Then Elia, Oberyn, the Sand Snakes, Ellaria and Doran will finally get their revenge on the Lannisters.

The Blackfish is ****ing awesome.. And he didn't even do shit. Martin has a great ability to convey the badassness of a character without ever actually showing him doing anything.

Victarion is also a ****ing beast. He caught the dude's sword with a mailed hand. That's bad-****ing-ass. It'll be interesting to see how he is received by Daenerys.

Jamie. That guy is a totally different character. Of all of him, his progression is my favorite. I really ****ing hated that dude at the start. Now he's probably my favorite character. When he smacked the guy at the bear pit for calling Brienne an ugly wench and denying Cersei's request for the trial by combat- those were some really triumphant moments in his storyline, IMO.

Damn, this post is getting long as hell so I'll wrap it up by saying **** Cersei and I loved every second of her getting what's been coming to her. She thinks herself clever and totally did herself in. Littlefinger is also a cunning bastard. But I wonder what he gains from marrying Sansa off?
Quentyn says otherwise.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:56 PM 10-25-2015
Don't look unless you want to know.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Third Eye 06:17 AM 10-26-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Don't look unless you want to know.

Spoiler!
Supposedly from a photo shoot, not part of the show.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:00 AM 10-29-2015
Moar Jon Snow, pls. Link heavy on spoilers.

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-ab...-fa-1739264164
[Reply]
Bowser 01:39 PM 10-29-2015
Appreciate the effort, but I think I'm going start passing on the heavy spoilers. I want to see how this plays out on TV and not know exactly what is going to happen.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:18 AM 11-03-2015
The Mountain in a boxing ring.
He looked strong but extremely raw for about a round.

[Reply]
Sorter 09:44 PM 11-04-2015
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Moar Jon Snow, pls. Link heavy on spoilers.

http://io9.com/everything-we-know-ab...-fa-1739264164
I'm thinking

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hawk 09:00 AM 11-05-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I'm thinking

Spoiler!
More speculation than spoiler, but since you spoiler tagged yours:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
JakeLV 09:56 AM 11-05-2015