ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 110
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:44 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Something probably was said, they got pissed off went back to their car grabbed what they had came back and found them.
That makes a lot more sense. As does your post about n00bs shooting. Having worked at a gun range, one of the scariest things I dealt with as a RO was watching somebody shoot for the first time. You're dealing with some idiot who shouldn't be there in the first place, eyes wide with fear, holding the gun like a retarded monkey. I've seen people jerk back in terror after firing the first shot and then shoot the ceiling, drop the gun and run away, all sorts of things. And that's with regular semi-auto guns. Add full auto and high velocity rifle rounds to the mix, and it's a recipe for carnage.

Real life ain't the movies, and you're not Rambo.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02-15-2024, 10:47 AM
This message has been deleted by suzzer99.
nychief 10:49 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Media will lose interest in this immediately once they can no longer ride the seemingly premeditated mass shooting ratings wave.

Also curious that no major outlets have shown photos of suspects, while we know the name, address, social security number and life details when it's an intentional mass shooting.

I know there are details to sort out and this one is sticky, but media in this country is dead and now only exists to feed the advertising machine.

What is this take? I don't understand. They've shown the people arrested, but they haven't been charged... so we don't know much else. And wait, you think that news outlets over cover mass shootings for advertising money? It's breaking news...the advertising is bought long before. Dead kids don't sell Cosentyx.

Must be a sorta an implied race thing, right? "Big media isn't showing the suspects because they are POC....but when a white shithead shoots up a Walmart... you see him everywhere....derp derp." Meanwhile you get your news from TikTok, dollars to donuts.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:52 AM 02-15-2024
From the photos we've seen and the sound of the gunfire, one of these weapons, at least, was a Glock Switch. It's not hard at all to convert a Glock into an automatic weapon, but your typical gun owner doesn't do it because it's illegal. Gang members don't give a shit about being illegal. Premeditated mass shooters go to ARs because they're legal and can do maximum damage in a short amount of time. Mass shooters typically acquire them legally because they plan on dying and don't care about traceability.

I also think it's important to remember that the dudes who did this yesterday were not born evil. They are a product of a city and an environment that has left them with little-to-no options in life outside of street life. An environment that glorifies gun violence and celebrates shooting those you disagree with.

Until we decide to squash that ecosystem, no amount of gun control is going to do shit.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:53 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My only problem with that is the weapon involved. If you're just some gangbanger going about your business, I would think your weapon of choice for the day probably isn't going to be an AR pistol modded for fully automatic fire. That guy was looking for trouble.
And two other backpacks seemed to be loaded with versions of the same weapon. It seems likely those kids were either targeting that guy, or went there looking for some kind of mayhem.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:54 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Something probably was said, they got pissed off went back to their car grabbed what they had came back and found them.
Yeah that could be it.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:55 AM 02-15-2024

.@kcpolice Chief Stacey Graves says shooting at yesterday’s rally appears to be the result of an argument between two groups of people.

Police are still working to figure out the involvement of those in custody.

— Matt Evans (@MattEvansKMBC) February 15, 2024

[Reply]
Strongside 10:55 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
What is this take? I don't understand. They've shown the people arrested, but they haven't been charged... so we don't know much else. And wait, you think that news outlets over cover mass shootings for advertising money? It's breaking news...the advertising is bought long before. Dead kids don't sell Cosentyx.

Must be a sorta an implied race thing, right? "Big media isn't showing the suspects because they are POC....but when a white shithead shoots up a Walmart... you see him everywhere....derp derp." Meanwhile you get your news from TikTok, dollars to donuts.
If you think the 24 hour news cycle doesn't solely exist because of ad revenue then I don't know what to tell you.

Crisis sells, man.

If people are scared, angry, sad...they tune in.

No one cares about some guys in an argument shooting at each other. That's my point.

You injecting race into it is your problem, not mine.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:55 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:

What? No media has shown the suspects this morning, despite the one with the gun being tackled is on video. No one reported that this was criminal and terrorism. In the past, a mass shooting, the perp is shown as soon as it is known and a picture is everywhere. This is not in question. They didn't show any of this today despite it all being available.
[Reply]
SurroundedByMorons 10:56 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I've never fired a gun while someone was holding me back so hard to say if that may have contributed
Yeah, fair enough, hadn't heard the returned fire aspect yet. Makes much more sense now. Firing an automatic weapon while running like a bitch.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:57 AM 02-15-2024

KCPD Chief Stacey Graves said yesterday’s shooting appeared to be a dispute between several parties that ended in gunfire with 23 total being injured in the process.

Victims age between 8 and 47. Half of the victims are under the age of 16.

Of the 3 suspects, 2 of them are…

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) February 15, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:58 AM 02-15-2024
Juveniles can't have their names released at least through the police.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:58 AM 02-15-2024
According to the police chief they can hold them for up to 24 hours before pressing charges, tune back in a couple of hours and you'll get your answers on who they were. 2 of them were juveniles.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 11:00 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't know if there is any silver-lining in an event where a life was lost and thousands were impacted, but there is part of me that has a sense of relief that, at the moment, this doesnt look like a planned mass shooting. Rather, a dispute between some dumbasses that unfortunately spilled out and impacted the lives of those around them.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:01 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
I don't know if there is any silver-lining in an event where a life was lost and thousands were impacted, but there is part of me that has a sense of relief that, at the moment, this doesnt look like a planned mass shooting. Rather, a dispute between some dumbasses that unfortunately spilled out and impacted the lives of those around them.
3 people out of a million, that's all it took.
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:02 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
2 Degrees of Separation here from me, but I've been hearing since last night from a friend who's brother is KCPD who was one of the guys running in there when shots were fired that gang related is 'highly probable'.

Again, this is brother of a friend, so very far from the primary source, but I trust it for what it's worth.
Jesus, reads like the script from Ferris Bueller's Day Off
[Reply]
Page 73 of 110
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up