« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 07:44 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
Maybe. The regular season game against them was an epic shoot out. And with our defense that year, there is no reason to expect anything different.
I'd like to think the officiating wouldn't have been so one-sided. IIRC somebody counted 13 uncalled false starts that the Lambs got away with.
[Reply]
Spott 08:10 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'd like to think the officiating wouldn't have been so one-sided. IIRC somebody counted 13 uncalled false starts that the Lambs got away with.
I bet that tackle for the Eagles was close to that in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by KentuckyChief:
I still say we are a dee ford offsides and a tyreek turnover from being in 5 straight SB’s. Of which we likely go 3-2. Maybe we don’t beat ‘em without Kareem but I still think we could have won against em in the rematch.
The one that still haunts me is the '98 loss to fucking Denver. Despite the cheating and the bent calls, I'll go to my grave believing that if Gannon had started over that idiot Grbac we'd have won the game and cruised all the way through the playoffs. That was the most complete team we ever had pre-Mahomes.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:31 PM 04-23-2023
The one that still haunts me is the '98 loss to fucking Denver. Despite the cheating and the bent calls, I'll go to my grave believing that if Gannon had started over that idiot Grbac we'd have won the game and cruised all the way through the playoffs. That was the most complete team we ever had pre-Mahomes.
Agreed
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:36 PM 04-23-2023
The one that still haunts me is the '98 loss to ****ing Denver. Despite the cheating and the bent calls, I'll go to my grave believing that if Gannon had started over that idiot Grbac we'd have won the game and cruised all the way through the playoffs. That was the most complete team we ever had pre-Mahomes.
A lot of that was Marty though. For instance, kicking a FG from the Denver 3. Punting from the Denver 31. Grbac put up much better numbers than Elway, but he did take some key sacks that Gannon wouldnt. Biggest key for me is they took Gonzalez out of the game with only three catches. I blame the offensive scheme for that. Marty just didn't adapt in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:44 PM 04-23-2023
The one that still haunts me is the '98 loss to ****ing Denver. Despite the cheating and the bent calls, I'll go to my grave believing that if Gannon had started over that idiot Grbac we'd have won the game and cruised all the way through the playoffs. That was the most complete team we ever had pre-Mahomes.
When Chiefs players were openly worried this would be a team killing loss after the game that should have been ringing some alarm bells (probably why Marty & Carl went all out desperately signing everyone with character issues they could find that offseason).

There's been some dumb revisionism with some KC fans that Grbac played "fine" that game. The dude had to call 2 critical timeouts in the second half for being out of breath and clearly wasn't conditioned enough to play. Add in the fact that he wasn't allowed to THROW DEEP in the first half and that alone should have doomed Carl forever (he forced Elvis as a starter because of the amount they had paid him to be QBOTF). That loss was foundational in my fandom and there probably isn't another loss in KC's existence I have studied like that one.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:48 PM 04-23-2023
The curse of Marty. Mahomes has helped to erase most of that pain from me at least.
[Reply]
TEX 09:48 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
A lot of that was Marty though. For instance, kicking a FG from the Denver 3. Punting from the Denver 31. Grbac put up much better numbers than Elway, but he did take some key sacks that Gannon wouldnt. Biggest key for me is they took Gonzalez out of the game with only three catches. I blame the offensive scheme for that. Marty just didn't adapt in the playoffs.
BUT one of Tony's catches should have been ruled a TD. He was forced out while catching a TD pass in the end zone. At that time, that was illegal. Sooooo, instead of a TD, KC had to settle for a FG.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:54 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
When Chiefs players were openly worried this would be a team killing loss after the game that should have been ringing some alarm bells (probably why Marty & Carl went all out desperately signing everyone with character issues he could find that offseason).

There's been some dumb revisionism with some KC fans that Grbac played "fine" that game. The dude had to call 2 critical timeouts in the second half for being out of breath and clearly wasn't conditioned enough to play. Add in the fact that he wasn't allowed to THROW DEEP in the first half and it should have doomed Carl forever that he forced Elvis as a starter because of the amount they had paid him to be QBOTF. That loss was foundational in my fandom and there probably isn't another loss in KC's existence I have studied like that one.
It was bad. I remember that game as a teenager and I was just disappointed. I watched that game 20 years later and just shook my head at the playcalling and execution by Grbac.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:59 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
BUT one of Tony's catches should have been ruled a TD. He was forced out while catching a TD pass in the end zone. At that time, that was illegal. Sooooo, instead of a TD, KC had to settle for a FG.
Phantom hold on a FG too right?
[Reply]
TEX 07:48 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Yep. And Vasoline on the Denver OL. Lots of weird stuff went on for one side in that game.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:18 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
:-)

Watching those refs throw a record number of flags was just too much for me. Thank God I had a ton of alcohol in the house!
The Weekend song they played at halftime still gives me PTSD....shudder
[Reply]
Spott 09:06 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
The phantom hold was on Manusky, IIRC. They also tried a fake FG that would have brought us within a point that was a clusterfuck of a play. If we take that FG there, we could have just kicked a FG at the end of the game instead of desperately trying to get the ball in the end zone.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:22 AM 04-24-2023
Goddamn I hated Grbitch back then, and I still hate him. My most hated Chief of all time. Just look at this fucking guy:

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:41 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Goddamn I hated Grbitch back then, and I still hate him. My most hated Chief of all time. Just look at this fucking guy:

Every time he left the pocket and moved to his right you knew the play was over.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 268
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up