ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 333
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:41 AM 04-19-2023
Big Bad Brad: 5 bb in 4 IP. Season FIP 4.36 (4.21 for career)

Yeah looks encouraging. New pitching coach fixed Keller for sure. And best of allno BIBLE STUDY
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:00 AM 04-19-2023
Somebody got his feelings hurt.

[Reply]
Mecca 09:30 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
This just sucks that the season is over before it really started. It just kills your long-term enthusiasm. I used to be so much more of a fan. Having said that, it's hard to be too critical of the new regime. (It makes no sense to spend money on free agents in these type of years.). This disaster is on Dayton Moore: where's the talent?
Depends on the FA, if someone is hitting FA that is young and you think will still be a player when you are expecting to contend then it makes sense.

Should the Padres not have signed Machado?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:00 AM 04-19-2023
You don’t hassle the Hoz.

But he might be done. Age 33, 10-44 .227. Has two XBH (lulz) , both doubles. As a 1B DH. Starting to get benched and likely to get cut soon

https://cubbiescrib.com/posts/chicag...gy7cbj5jvd/amp
[Reply]
Pablo 10:02 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Big Bad Brad: 5 bb in 4 IP. Season FIP 4.36 (4.21 for career)

Yeah looks encouraging. New pitching coach fixed Keller for sure. And best of allno BIBLE STUDY
Babble study is more like it amirite????
[Reply]
Pablo 10:06 AM 04-19-2023
I want the report on how these young guys are doing as fathers and brothers and sons and uncles and men of faith. That’s the only thing they can cheer me up after this dismal baseball. Knowing that these are some tremendous young men in the clubhouse.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:12 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I want the report on how these young guys are doing as fathers and brothers and sons and uncles and men of faith. That’s the only thing they can cheer me up after this dismal baseball. Knowing that these are some tremendous young men in the clubhouse.
You’re in the ballpark. But the official story from the BFIBS was: Matheny gives playing time to guys in his Bible Study. They had heard these stories and wanted to relay the vital info on to us.

And we were very fortunate these insiders blessed us so.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:18 AM 04-19-2023
You’re in the ballpark. But the official story from the BFIBS was: Matheny gives playing time to guys in his Bible Study. They had heard these stories and wanted to relay the vital info on to us.

And we were very fortunate these insiders blessed us so.
All I know is

Royals baseball = bad
Bible = bad

Time for the new manager to set up a Quran study and turn this shit around. Or maybe just a good ol fashioned book club where they read off Oprah’s book list??
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:24 AM 04-19-2023
Quran might work. The Shermanator hasn’t proven he can fix it, so why not?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:24 AM 04-19-2023
If the owner would do the Shermanator line from American Pie that would fix it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:44 AM 04-19-2023

Maikel Garcia was in the original lineup. He is not in the updated lineup. https://t.co/7J9oFmTwKt

— David Lesky (@DBLesky) April 19, 2023

[Reply]
Pablo 10:44 AM 04-19-2023
Just give him some time. And a downtown ballpark and it’s all gonna fall in place
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:24 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah, you were so sure of it 4 years ago. You were just as cock sure that the royals were being soiled by evil evangelist bible beaters in the clubhouse. All because some little spoiled cardinal bitches didn't get the playing time they deserved and spread bullshit out to the press that they weren't getting playing time because of religion. Then those east coast slimy best fans in baseball spread it. You bought it and started the same damn thing here. Every chance you got you to put it out. Funny thing unlike St Lou I didn't see any of the ballplayers run their mouths after the regime was culled.
I was pretty sure. After talking to someone who had seen the police report, and spoken to one of the detectives, and seen the pictures submitted.

In DV cases, instances of the accuser completely fabricating everything are very rare. That sure looks like one of them, in hindsight. Like I said, it forced me to reevaluate my reaction in situations like that, letting more time pass and information come out.

That's a lot of words to say "My reaction was based on talking to people who had seen the documentation on the legal side of things, but that was wrong because Crystal lied, which made me wrong, and made me reevaluate and change my reaction in cases like that."

My issues with the Matheny staff were always far more broad than the religiosity of the staff. That was a secondary component to the tactical issues, the issues developing young players effectively, and the inability to keep the clubhouse healthy and loose.

I don't think I was anywhere close to the primary complainer about the religious component. But remember it however you want.

Re: the stories in St. Louis and Matheny's Bible study, that's an urban legend that happens to be supported by a friend of mine who covers baseball for a national publication and who witnessed it first-hand in the clubhouse.

I don't expect this to change your opinion of me (honestly don't care), and honestly I don't expect you to even read the whole thing. If you want to hate me forever or whatever, you do you, man.

I won't be responding about this again. Back to baseball talk in the thread, for me at least.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:38 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I think it is time to start questioning the coaching staff as it turns out they are having the same results as the previous staff. This one is a 100 loss team as you can tell the players have no interest in competing.
Totally could be. For me, it depends on the drivers of the bad results to a degree.

If your pitching staff sucks overall and it's random bullpen guys driving a lot of it, but you have some points of improvement (say, Keller continues to have a pretty good year, and some other pitchers continue to do well). If everybody sucks save for a single success story (ie Eldred and Brad Keller), that's really a bad sign.

Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
That's very interesting. I wonder if we could see a Garcia/Massey swap.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:56 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Just give him some time. And a downtown ballpark and it’s all gonna fall in place
He got that nickname for ruthlessly gobbling up little rural propane companies. But MLB is a diff “ballgame” (get it?). Full of sophisticated people, owners are all much richer than he, with a closed system of zero-sum results (there are only 81 wins per team)

TLDR: he hasn’t earned The Shermanator as owner. All he’s done is put out cheap, shitty teams and demand a new ballpark
[Reply]
Page 73 of 333
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123173 > Last »
Up