ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 112
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 01:48 PM 06-02-2023
Detoxing, take a walk. It's good for blood pressure
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I root against Frank Clark because I just can't stand his 'dawg' schtick.

I rooted, a little, against Skyy Moore because it would make Staylor sad. But a year later I'm sitting here saying that I think Moore can replace what JJSS gave us because I WANT Moore to succeed.

I would LOVE for Ross to become a poor man's Hopkins. Or even a prospect on par with Rashee Rice. That would be cool as hell. Young receivers on cost-controlled deals getting passes from Mahomes and being schemed opened by Reid is just fun stuff, y'all.

But...I'm not gonna pretend this guy was a 1st rounder. He wasn't. Ever. And there are a half-dozen different data points that pretty clearly demonstrate that with the final one being that teams take guys with injuries worse than Ross's foot issue in the draft every single year. And none of 'em took Ross.

Because those other guys demonstrated traits that say "hey, this is worth the risk" whereas Ross just didn't. If I'm wrong, it'll be about the 100th time I've been wrong and some fractional percentage of my MOST wrong moments. And I'll be happy because we have a young weapon for our bi-racial angel to sling the ball at.

But I probably won't be.
I'm still trying to figure out the folks that were against the Bryan Cook pick. It's as though people couldn't/wouldn't consider both his short-term AND long-term value/role on this football team and, thus, they "rooted" against the player/pick.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:04 PM 06-02-2023
Rashee Rice could shoot your dog and you couldn't root against him.

I don't think you're capable of rooting against a Chief.
I'd say that's a fair point. Staylor is definitely a glass half full guy when it comes to the home team.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:04 PM 06-02-2023
I root against Frank Clark because I just can't stand his 'dawg' schtick.

I rooted, a little, against Skyy Moore because it would make Staylor sad. But a year later I'm sitting here saying that I think Moore can replace what JJSS gave us because I WANT Moore to succeed.

I would LOVE for Ross to become a poor man's Hopkins. Or even a prospect on par with Rashee Rice. That would be cool as hell. Young receivers on cost-controlled deals getting passes from Mahomes and being schemed opened by Reid is just fun stuff, y'all.

But...I'm not gonna pretend this guy was a 1st rounder. He wasn't. Ever. And there are a half-dozen different data points that pretty clearly demonstrate that with the final one being that teams take guys with injuries worse than Ross's foot issue in the draft every single year. And none of 'em took Ross.

Because those other guys demonstrated traits that say "hey, this is worth the risk" whereas Ross just didn't. If I'm wrong, it'll be about the 100th time I've been wrong and some fractional percentage of my MOST wrong moments. And I'll be happy because we have a young weapon for our bi-racial angel to sling the ball at.

But I probably won't be.
Ross is more like a poor man's Mike Williams, oddly from the same college.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:08 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm still trying to figure out the folks that were against the Bryan Cook pick. It's as though people couldn't/wouldn't consider both his short-term AND long-term value/role on this football team and, thus, they "rooted" against the player/pick.
he was a popular guy in that "players we will hate" thread.

I love him. He lays fools out
[Reply]
Mecca 02:14 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
he was a popular guy in that "players we will hate" thread.

I love him. He lays fools out
I think it was basically he was a 2nd round pick a lot of people weren't overly familiar with.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:42 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's like some of you think I go, "Oh hey, here's an UDRFA that people are excited about, let me find ways to shit on him!"

**** no.

I go, "Oh hey, look, a new Chiefs player! Lets watch and see what we unearthed!"

And then i give my honest opinion, why i feel that way, and then i show my goddamn work.

It's ya'll who just make up your minds on something because you want to like someone SOO bad, and no matter what the "tape" shows, stick to that and any honest decent conversation on the matter gets met with "you're just being hater and supporting this narrative you made up!"

GTFO with that bullshit. All of ya'll who act like that can suck my dick.

Go ahead. Keep believing he went undrafted because of a foot injury. Uh huh.
Here's the thing - I actually agree with you.

I don't think he went undrafted Because of the foot, at least not solely. I think he ran slower than expected, and I don't think anyone knew the foot was still fucked at that point. I think his injury history is kinda terrifying and the neck probably took him off a lot of boards right there.

I think that' the neck, the foot, and running a pedestrian 40 probably did it for most teams.

But pretending that his high school 40 time is relevant ( not you, I know) or that 4.63 is as fast as he can be when we know the foot was still screwed up, is just being disingenuous.

I'm rooting for the kid because I love an underdog story, but I'm not expecting anything.

He's a long shot, but we don't have to be dishonest about it to try to make some weird flex point.

I'm not saying you specifically were, but others on this thread certainly are.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:54 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Here's the thing - I actually agree with you.

I don't think he went undrafted Because of the foot, at least not solely. I think he ran slower than expected, and I don't think anyone knew the foot was still fucked at that point. I think his injury history is kinda terrifying and the neck probably took him off a lot of boards right there.
And see, im not worried about his injury history all that much because he doesn't really have one.

The spinal injury wasn't football related, it was a corrective surgery.

So the only (that im aware of) injury that he's really had on the field was the foot.

One foot injury does not make for a broke dick player.

You won't find me in the camp of, "We can't count on Justyn Ross to stay healthy". Im not worried about that at all until shown otherwise.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:34 PM 06-02-2023
I was one of them, and it was just opportunity cost, i liked other guys more. But i never rooted against him, and. I didn't HATE the pick, I could see the potential value and the reasoning, there were just other guys in other positions I liked more. There were safeties I liked more. Happens every year, and most times I end up going "huh, guess I got that wrong as well"
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:35 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think it was basically he was a 2nd round pick a lot of people weren't overly familiar with.
I have zero idea why that would matter. I don't think we can pretend to do the film work or in-person visits that our FO does. Why would we expect to know as much/more than they do?
[Reply]
JPH83 03:36 PM 06-02-2023
Anyway, what I'm basically getting reading between the lines is we all agree, Ross is a rich man's Hopkins and a HoF talent.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:38 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I was one of them, and it was just opportunity cost, i liked other guys more. But i never rooted against him, and. I didn't HATE the pick, I could see the potential value and the reasoning, there were just other guys in other positions I liked more. There were safeties I liked more. Happens every year, and most times I end up going "huh, guess I got that wrong as well"
It certainly wasn't just you.

I thought he looked fantastic as he got more involved with the defense. In the playoffs, he looked incredible.

I certainly agree with you though, that at some point, everyone probably needs to recognize that we have a great FO and they're going to get it right most of the time.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:44 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Anyway, what I'm basically getting reading between the lines is we all agree, Ross is a rich man's Hopkins and a HoF talent.
Damn, you got it man. That's literally what we've been saying, but in a cryptic way. You figured out the DaVinci Code and now you need to watch your back, because the Opus Dei will be on your ass. You should call Tom Hanks and see what he would do.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:46 PM 06-02-2023
It certainly wasn't just you.

I thought he looked fantastic as he got more involved with the defense. In the playoffs, he looked incredible.

I certainly agree with you though, that at some point, everyone probably needs to recognize that we have a great FO and they're going to get it right most of the time.
I for one will never question a Chiefs draft pick as long as Andy Reid and/or Brett Veach are involved in that process.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:49 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Richie James caught 57 balls (tied for team lead on a decent offense) on 70 targets from a crappy QB last season. He's not going anywhere.
Might be our best WR. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up leading WRs in yards honesty.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 112
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783 > Last »
Up