Page 73 of 142
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
ThanksForTheLoan 06:19 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Are the Patriots VASTLY improved from December when they lost to 2 non-playoff teams?
YES

How many times do I have to say that?

Is it a mystery everyone knows the Pats play their best ball down the stretch and into January? It's not a mystery for those of us who avoided a coma the last 15 years.

Make em an underdog and tell them they can't win on the road, with an angry Brady?

I'll take those odds.
[Reply]
ThanksForTheLoan 06:20 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
And yet, couldn't seal the number one seed.

...and your division? :-)
Yes. Yes. God forbid they don't get the 1 seed every single year.

Listen to yourself.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:20 PM 01-16-2019
Uh oh....Fox and Bruschi picker the Patriots.

Not everybody thinks we suck!! What do we do for motivation now?!
[Reply]
WhamBlock 06:21 PM 01-16-2019
His offense managed 6 whole points. What a performance.
They missed 4 points that had nothing to do with anything your defense did. But yeah, that's kind of the point. Luck has struggled immensely on the road in the postseason, especially outside.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:21 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by ThanksForTheLoan:
They also beat the crap out of numerous playoff teams.
Which playoff teams did the Patriots beat on the road this season besides Chicago (who they beat by 7 points)?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:22 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhamBlock:
They missed 4 points that had nothing to do with anything your defense did. But yeah, that's kind of the point. Luck has struggled immensely on the road in the postseason, especially outside.
Oh okay...remind me. What’s Brady’s record on the road in the postseason again?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:23 PM 01-16-2019
Are you bragging about your loss to Pittsburgh?
They’re bragging about allowing 400ish yards even with 2 TOS in a slow, ball-control game. LOL. I’d like to see the YPP in that one.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:24 PM 01-16-2019
Umm, NEWSFLASH:

This team is BETTER than last year's time that was ravaged by injury to key players.

Do you watch the NFL?

Every time the Pats are healthy going into one of these things, they've won.

It's an enormous difference in the odds of winning and sustaining all the way through into a SB.
We beat your 'other' team last year with Alex Smith at Gillette.

Patrick Mahomes is undefeated in the playoffs. And you've never defeated a Chiefs team that had Justin Houston playing.

Also an 'enormous difference.'

You rely on your history. We'll rely on the present. I'll bet you any amount of money you feel comfortable with that the latter will prevail. We can discuss offline if you're up for putting your money where your keyboard is.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 06:24 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Which playoff teams did the Patriots beat on the road this season besides Chicago (who they beat by 7 points)?
That was Chicago's biggest margin of loss, by the way.

The Chiefs have only beaten 2 playoff teams at home all season long, and have a 2-1 overall record. Where is this great KC HFA?
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 06:24 PM 01-16-2019
Man, you people must drink dummy juice all at once out there. It can't be made up alright. WHoa!

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THEIR RECORD IS THIS YEAR when Sunday rolls around.

Are you in a suspended state of shock because you're in your first title game in 20 years?

What is it with you people? Brady is coming. The Pats are coming, And, their offense, defense and STs is VASTLY improved from Sept/Oct.

Period.

You should be quietly hoping for the best and hope homefield is enough instead of acting so cocky, pretending the Pats are some kind of a pushover.
This is our house. We can be cocky if we’d like to. If it were your house we’d show some respect but that’s not the case. You’re in our house so show some goddamn respect.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:25 PM 01-16-2019
Yes. Yes. God forbid they don't get the 1 seed every single year.

Listen to yourself.
And God forbid not everyone on the planet is picking poor Brady to win the SB this time. Bulletin board material! Print the shirts!

Derp.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:25 PM 01-16-2019
YES

How many times do I have to say that?

Is it a mystery everyone knows the Pats play their best ball down the stretch and into January? It's not a mystery for those of us who avoided a coma the last 15 years.

Make em an underdog and tell them they can't win on the road, with an angry Brady?

I'll take those odds.
Going 0-2 on the road in December, losing to two non playoff teams is playing their best ball down the stretch?

Your defense was torched by Ryan Tannehill and Brady struggled against a Steelers defense that Mahomes lit up for 6 TD’s.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 06:26 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhamBlock:
I'm bragging about our spectacular defensive performance that game, which is entirely unrelated to the offensive performance, yes.
Steelers rushed for 158 yards and averaged 6.3 ypc. Converted 24 1st downs. Were 4 for 9 on 3rd downs. They had drives of Pit led from the basically the end of the 1st quarter til the clock struck 0:00. They weren't trying to amass a bunch of yards.
[Reply]
ricko1112 06:26 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We’re ending the dynasty next Sunday. End of story.
This site is so entertaining! Chiefs fans always had the reputation for being passionate and knowledgable. Unfortunately, it appears that it was the past generation of fans, the pre-internet, base that we're talking about.

All I see here is the parroting of nonsense of long discredited "cheating" talk, revisionist history, and excuses caused by wishful thinking.

The Chiefs are an excellent team and might be able to win this game. As a life long Pats fan (most of us are and that's another misconception about NE) I've learned to base my opinions on facts.

The cold and snow will benefit the Pats, so better luck next year! BTW, your QB is a flash in the pan!

See the difference there? "The cold and snow will benefit the Pats," is based on facts and statistics. Easily defendable. That's NE...

The "flash in the pan" comment is based on a tiny sample of hype. That's KC.

No matter who wins, hopefully Clete Blakeman calls a clean game and no one gets seriously hurt.

NE vs LA
[Reply]
WhamBlock 06:28 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Steelers rushed for 158 yards and averaged 6.3 ypc. Converted 24 1st downs. Were 4 for 9 on 3rd downs. They had drives of Pit led from the basically the end of the 1st quarter til the clock struck 0:00. They weren't trying to amass a bunch of yards.
They had 17 points in a one score game. I'm sure they were just trying to run out the clock and not score anymore points.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 142
« First < 23636970717273 7475767783123 > Last »
Up