ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 78
« First < 23636970717273 74757677 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 12:01 PM 05-23-2022
We went to Disney World a couple of years ago and including airfare it as probably close to $7K to go for four full days. I did learn that I would never pay for the park hopper pass again, as we ended up staying in a single area the entire day.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:06 PM 05-23-2022
I suppose the positive is that you only drop that kind of coin one time. I bet the kids enjoy the magic, but I can't imagine even they'd want to go back to stand in hour-long lines in 95 degree heat.

For those of you who dropped $5k+, did you ever do it again or was once enough?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:08 PM 05-23-2022
We went in January. It is ridiculously expensive. We stayed at a moderate Disney resort (Port Orleans). Once you factor in airfare, five nights and four days at the parks, Genie plus, food including character meals (way overpriced) we probably spent about $10k. Also, if you want to ride some of the big attractions such as Rise of the Resistance, the Avatar Ride, the Ratatouille ride, etc. you need to pay in addition to what you're already paying for Genie plus or wait in long lines (some as long as 3 hours). The kids loved it but we won't be going again.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 12:17 PM 05-23-2022
I use a Marriott Bonvoy credit card and we typically go once we've got enough points for a free stay at the Swan (or Swan Reserve).
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:32 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
We went in January. It is ridiculously expensive. We stayed at a moderate Disney resort (Port Orleans). Once you factor in airfare, five nights and four days at the parks, Genie plus, food including character meals (way overpriced) we probably spent about $10k. Also, if you want to ride some of the big attractions such as Rise of the Resistance, the Avatar Ride, the Ratatouille ride, etc. you need to pay in addition to what you're already paying for Genie plus or wait in long lines (some as long as 3 hours). The kids loved it but we won't be going again.
My sister does travel agent work and largely focuses on Disney. She knows all the ins and outs of Disney so I got to ride all 3 of those rides back in December with no extra charge and very little wait times and they're all pretty great.

Rise of the Resistance is the only one I would wait 3 hours for but only once. I love Star Wars so that ride was pretty cool.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:35 PM 05-23-2022
I was a little disappointed with Rise of the Resistance, but only because I was expecting an actual roller coaster.

As far as a Star Wars simulation is concerned, I don't think they could have done much better. When they take you into that room where it's like you're in the Death Star looking out at the stars was fucking incredible.

It just wasn't as thrilling as I'd have liked.

The Flight of Passage ride was right up my alley though.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:28 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah.. I love Disney World and a ton of stuff the Orlando area has to offer, but even I couldn't justify spending so much on a Disney trip.
Yea, I've been to Disney World more times than I remember. My last trip was 2-3 years ago. I love going, but I won't go back at these prices.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 01:29 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I suppose the positive is that you only drop that kind of coin one time. I bet the kids enjoy the magic, but I can't imagine even they'd want to go back to stand in hour-long lines in 95 degree heat.

For those of you who dropped $5k+, did you ever do it again or was once enough?
Once was enough for me. If I'm going to drop that type of coin on a family vacation again, I can go to Hawaii for the same price, go to Costa Rica for cheaper..etc..
[Reply]
Eureka 01:44 PM 05-23-2022
Disneyland in California might be a cheaper alternative.

My wife and I went a few years ago with her cousins. They've had season passes for about 10 years. He knew that park in and out. We barely waited in line at all with his fast pass setup. Seems we would go on one ride then go on another then come back to the first ride and the same people were waiting in line. Seems he would be worth big $ as a personal tour guide through that park.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:11 PM 05-23-2022
That article is spot on. The talking heads at Disney have monetized any and everything you do to the point where I would be surprised if they install pay toilets in the park

We have gone to WDW for the past 20 years almost every year. We have been Season Pass holders since we moved here to Florida 6 years ago. We always go the 1st or 2nd week in December and have enjoyed it.....until last year.

Normally having season passes made it somewhat monetarily feasible. And we always budgeted for an expensive meal every other day. We ate breakfast in our room...came back for lunch and an afternoon break.

We still spent too much money...and didn't really buy anything much. I think I spent 67 bucks on a Marvel Spirit Jersey....

This is our last year for Season Passes. It's evident that Disney really doesn't value Season Pass holders and is focused on providing as little as possible for as much as they can get from you.

And this coming from a die hard Disney fan.
[Reply]
Spott 03:11 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
My sister does travel agent work and largely focuses on Disney. She knows all the ins and outs of Disney so I got to ride all 3 of those rides back in December with no extra charge and very little wait times and they're all pretty great.

Rise of the Resistance is the only one I would wait 3 hours for but only once. I love Star Wars so that ride was pretty cool.
The millennium falcon ride is pretty cool as well. Heck, even the old Star Tours ride is a good time and it’s the older Star Wars ride so the wait times are like 5 minutes.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:23 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
The millennium falcon ride is pretty cool as well. Heck, even the old Star Tours ride is a good time and it’s the older Star Wars ride so the wait times are like 5 minutes.
The Millennium Falcon ride is cool if you have adults driving, however I've always had kids in my group and they always want to drive. That means we end up running straight into the wall the entire time and it's a waste. Being inside the Falcon while waiting to get on the ride is pretty badass though.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:28 PM 05-23-2022
The company has gone down. Walt wouldn't recognize his creation.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:34 PM 05-23-2022
Last time i went to Disney Land security busted me for trying to sneak in my MJ vape pen.

Fucking Nazis.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:35 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Last time i went to Disney Land security busted me for trying to sneak in my MJ vape pen.

Fucking Nazis.
Actually, that's wrong. That was Knott's Berry Farm.

THOSE guys are nazis.

Sorry, Disney.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 78
« First < 23636970717273 74757677 > Last »
Up