ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 120
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 PM 07-31-2023
Yes, but Nightengale doesn't actually know anything.

I mean they might be shopping any of those guys but I could've told you that because I have eyes.

Nightengale never knows anything. Ever. He makes it all up. Don't quote him as being nominally relevant.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 08:34 AM 08-01-2023
Well today is the day. Will there be some trade drama or a thud at the end? I won't be happy if we don't trade DeJong. At least with Flaherty, the team can get a draft pick at the end of the year so the front office can compare that value with trade offers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:54 AM 08-01-2023
Hopefully Flaherty DeJong Edman...and Noot are flushed
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 AM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Well today is the day. Will there be some trade drama or a thud at the end? I won't be happy if we don't trade DeJong. At least with Flaherty, the team can get a draft pick at the end of the year so the front office can compare that value with trade offers.
Dejong needs to go. Give him up for a bag of sunflower seeds.

Hopefully, some team needs a starting pitcher right now and a outfielder with 2 years of control. Flaherty and Carlson or Edman should be able to get us a good cost controlled pitcher, right?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 08-01-2023
If Bichette has a lingering issue, the Jays could really use DeJong. They're short RH power as it stands and a rental righty SS with plus defense that can take advantage of their park fits the bill.

You'll have to go into high A or even lower to get anyone with the potential to be a major league regular, but that's worth doing for a nominal piece like DeJong. But the Jays system is a lot like ours - it COLLAPSES outside of the top 10.

You could go after someone like Emmanuel Bonilla who's 5 years away still but that's not Mozo's MO. He'll look for a hit tool guy with defensive versatility who 'plays the right way' and is in AA or higher and projects as a bench hitter. So if Bichette goes to the IL, order your Davis Schneider Memphis jerseys to get ahead of the rush...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:59 AM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If Bichette has a lingering issue, the Jays could really use DeJong. They're short RH power as it stands and a rental righty SS with plus defense that can take advantage of their park fits the bill.

You'll have to go into high A or even lower to get anyone with the potential to be a major league regular, but that's worth doing for a nominal piece like DeJong. But the Jays system is a lot like ours - it COLLAPSES outside of the top 10.

You could go after someone like Emmanuel Bonilla who's 5 years away still but that's not Mozo's MO. He'll look for a hit tool guy with defensive versatility who 'plays the right way' and is in AA or higher and projects as a bench hitter. So if Bichette goes to the IL, order your Davis Schneider Memphis jerseys to get ahead of the rush...
Twitter speculation by the baseball nerd writers is Bichette has something wrong and will be out for awhile but should recover to 100%. Most think DeJong gets him because they are desperate.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Twitter speculation by the baseball nerd writers is Bichette has something wrong and will be out for awhile but should recover to 100%. Most think DeJong gets him because they are desperate.
That looked for all the world like an MCL sprain.

I've sprained an MCL - twice in fact. Both times playing ball and ultimately they're annoying and you CAN play through them, but not at a high level. Both times were my right knee and it makes it damn near impossible to break to your left. You've gotta drive off your left leg to get there rather than plant and turn off your right. It doesn't work well and honestly it's probably not terribly safe. You're asking a lot of your left knee at that point and really one weird cut could do a LOT more damage to your right.

A little rest will have it firmed back up in 2-3 weeks. If it even takes that long. It's just unstable for a little bit in your knee. If you're just out there fucking around you can nurse it along and be fine. If you're playing SS for an MLB contender, you need to have a seat.

DeJong is a perfect short-term solution for them. Hell, the guy can probably play a little 2b for them or even DH as a RH power source.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:45 AM 08-01-2023
DeJong to Toronto for a reliever prospect
[Reply]
Marco Polo 11:50 AM 08-01-2023
The Toronto Cardinals. I don't even care what we got back; this needed to happen.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:51 AM 08-01-2023
The Toronto Cardinals. I don't even care what we got back; this needed to happen.
They’re sending cash to Toronto.

The reliever coming back is 24, just promoted to Double A yesterday, hasn’t played at that level yet.

Low walk rate and good K/9 though.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 11:51 AM 08-01-2023
Looks like it is for RHP Matt Svanson, 24, just promoted to AA yesterday (literally).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:54 AM 08-01-2023
Looks like it is for RHP Matt Svanson, 24, just promoted to AA yesterday (literally).
What’s the low down on this guy? Whatever it is, it’s a better value than DeJong.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:55 AM 08-01-2023
Flaherty/Carlson or edman get us a solid #3 or #4 starter next year some time?
[Reply]
Marco Polo 11:58 AM 08-01-2023
Flaherty/Carlson combo HAS to get a solid SP with control years
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:02 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
They’re sending cash to Toronto.

The reliever coming back is 24, just promoted to Double A yesterday, hasn’t played at that level yet.

Low walk rate and good K/9 though.
Won't be considered a Top 30 prospect for Cardinals; wasn't on the list for Blue Jays. 1.23 ERA, 2.55 FIP, and as you said, has a K/9 of 11.05. Depth in AA and roll the dice and see what happens. This is more about getting Winn an opportunity than anything.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 120
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up