ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 112
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:13 AM 06-02-2023
It's like some of you think I go, "Oh hey, here's an UDRFA that people are excited about, let me find ways to shit on him!"

Fuck no.

I go, "Oh hey, look, a new Chiefs player! Lets watch and see what we unearthed!"

And then i give my honest opinion, why i feel that way, and then i show my goddamn work.

It's ya'll who just make up your minds on something because you want to like someone SOO bad, and no matter what the "tape" shows, stick to that and any honest decent conversation on the matter gets met with "you're just being hater and supporting this narrative you made up!"

GTFO with that bullshit. All of ya'll who act like that can suck my dick.

Go ahead. Keep believing he went undrafted because of a foot injury. Uh huh.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:21 AM 06-02-2023
Chiefsplanet on Justyn Ross, "32 NFL teams didn't do their homework and realize he was playing on an injured foot! That's why he went undrafted! No one realized how athletic he was because they didn't consider his injured foot! REEEEEEEEEE!"

Meanwhile, the Chiefs just traded UP in the 2nd to draft a WR (Rashee Rice) who played almost all of last season on....you guessed it...AN INJURED FOOT

...fuck outta here with that noise. You got me started.

Confused Jaguarsfan GIFfrom Confused GIFs

[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:38 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Is this the part where you pretend the DB covering him didn't fall down? Like we're all suppose to pretend that didn't happen or something and just carry your narrative that he "created" that separation?

You gonna pretend the Freshman-nobody safety (That's not even on Alabama anymore) over the top wasn't already 5-10 yards from him BEFORE slipping?

Or do you want me to just post clips of him being tackled from behind by players who'll never be drafted?
And yet here you are acting like Ross didn't hand fight through press coverage, WHICH IS WHAT CAUSED THE DB TO FALL.

It wasn't like he slipped. You're being disingenuous.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 06-02-2023
Fuck you dude, unlike you I show my work and give people my reasons WITH time marks explaining why. I don't sit here and proclaim shit without demonstrating why.

You on the other hand come in here talking about "Creating separation" on a play in which the DB covering him literally fell down and grabbed his leg at the fucking LoS.

With a take like that, why would ANYONE take what you have to say seriously?

You think everyone is just stupid or something and can't see that?
You're insane.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:44 AM 06-02-2023
Chiefsplanet on Justyn Ross, "32 NFL teams didn't do their homework and realize he was playing on an injured foot! That's why he went undrafted! No one realized how athletic he was because they didn't consider his injured foot! REEEEEEEEEE!"

Meanwhile, the Chiefs just traded UP in the 2nd to draft a WR (Rashee Rice) who played almost all of last season on....you guessed it...AN INJURED FOOT

...fuck outta here with that noise. You got me started.

That doesn't even account for the teams that removed him from their boards and didn't try to sign him because they didn't think he could pass medicals with his spine issue.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:45 AM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
And yet here you are acting like Ross didn't hand fight through press coverage, WHICH IS WHAT CAUSED THE DB TO FALL.

It wasn't like he slipped. You're being disingenuous.
It was a standard swim move that 99% of DB's aren't going to fall on. That 100% of DB's see every game.

There was nothing special about his release that caused the DB to fall. Nothing.

The CB fell because he injured his leg on the press attempt. Hence why he immediately went to the ground and grabbed his leg. The Safety slipped. But the safety was already out of position, hence the slip.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:46 AM 06-02-2023
You're insane.
That's not an argument that refutes anything i said.

Am i Insane?

INSANE ABOUT FOOTBALL! ZIIIING! Lol.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:51 AM 06-02-2023
It's like some of you think I go, "Oh hey, here's an UDRFA that people are excited about, let me find ways to shit on him!"

**** no.

I go, "Oh hey, look, a new Chiefs player! Lets watch and see what we unearthed!"

And then i give my honest opinion, why i feel that way, and then i show my goddamn work.

It's ya'll who just make up your minds on something because you want to like someone SOO bad, and no matter what the "tape" shows, stick to that and any honest decent conversation on the matter gets met with "you're just being hater and supporting this narrative you made up!"

GTFO with that bullshit. All of ya'll who act like that can suck my dick.

Go ahead. Keep believing he went undrafted because of a foot injury. Uh huh.
DJLN had a post about this same thing a little while back. About how Justyn Ross wasn't as great as people want to act like he was. He definitely didn't improve his sophomore year and went from 21.7 ypc all the way down to 13.1 ypc. It's completely likely that his Freshmen year where he had 46 receptions for 1000 yds was a complete fluke.

Add that to the fact that he had a pretty major spinal surgery and can't quit hurting his foot. People think that a guy that was never particularly fast and had all these ailments is going to somehow dominate NFL players. It's not based in reality and all the hoping and wishing that he will be some savior means jack shit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:58 AM 06-02-2023
I believe he was thinking of this play. Also 3rd down, also a 70+ yard TD

CB is rolling around in pain and the S literally just trips over his own feet. He's probably not gonna get so lucky in the NFL, since the players are quite a bit stronger, faster, and just overall more athletic.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:06 PM 06-02-2023
Alex Smith's leg fucking exploded into bone shards and he almost died, and it took him less time to recover and go back to playing football than it's taken Justyn Ross on his whatever AIDS foot injury
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:07 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
DJLN had a post about this same thing a little while back. About how Justyn Ross wasn't as great as people want to act like he was. He definitely didn't improve his sophomore year and went from 21.7 ypc all the way down to 13.1 ypc. It's completely likely that his Freshmen year where he had 46 receptions for 1000 yds was a complete fluke.

Add that to the fact that he had a pretty major spinal surgery and can't quit hurting his foot. People think that a guy that was never particularly fast and had all these ailments is going to somehow dominate NFL players. It's not based in reality and all the hoping and wishing that he will be some savior means jack shit.
Man, im excited about the WR camp battles coming up. Im excited to hear all about Justyn Ross. I really am. And the rest of them too.

People, i am rooting for Justyn Ross. I'm a goddamn Chiefs fan. Of course i'd love nothing more than to hear reports about Ross dominating camp. Would fucking LOVE that.

What, ya'll think i don't want some superstar WR or something?

Ross has good size. Fantastic body control. Outstanding hands. All accounts say he's a damn hard worker. Mahomes seems to like him.

That's all great, man!

But don't sit here and try to blow smoke up my ass and tell me he's something that he demonstrably isn't.

He's not gonna outrun anyone in the NFL. And that's ok! He doesn't have to. Rashee Rice ain't some burner either, do you see me talking shit about his speed? Fuck no.

I end up looking like an ass when i have to defend my position because people come in here telling me im just carrying some biased narrative because i don't like the guy, and then show me some clip of literally a CB getting hurt on the press and call that "creating separation", as if i don't have eyes or something.

It's ok to acknowledge what he is and he isn't, what's he's actually done and what hasn't.

It doesn't mean we're not rooting for him to be great.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:04 PM 06-02-2023
Man, im excited about the WR camp battles coming up. Im excited to hear all about Justyn Ross. I really am. And the rest of them too.

People, i am rooting for Justyn Ross. I'm a goddamn Chiefs fan. Of course i'd love nothing more than to hear reports about Ross dominating camp. Would ****ing LOVE that.

What, ya'll think i don't want some superstar WR or something?

Ross has good size. Fantastic body control. Outstanding hands. All accounts say he's a damn hard worker. Mahomes seems to like him.

That's all great, man!

But don't sit here and try to blow smoke up my ass and tell me he's something that he demonstrably isn't.

He's not gonna outrun anyone in the NFL. And that's ok! He doesn't have to. Rashee Rice ain't some burner either, do you see me talking shit about his speed? **** no.

I end up looking like an ass when i have to defend my position because people come in here telling me im just carrying some biased narrative because i don't like the guy, and then show me some clip of literally a CB getting hurt on the press and call that "creating separation", as if i don't have eyes or something.

It's ok to acknowledge what he is and he isn't, what's he's actually done and what hasn't.

It doesn't mean we're not rooting for him to be great.
Right? What reason would you or I have to not like the guy or to root against him? He hasn't dropped a crucial pass or fumbled the ball to lose a game. Just because we aren't pumping sunshine out of our asses and being realistic doesn't mean we don't want him to succeed. I'm just saying there's literally <.001% chance that he has 1000 career receiving yds.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:29 PM 06-02-2023
I root against Frank Clark because I just can't stand his 'dawg' schtick.

I rooted, a little, against Skyy Moore because it would make Staylor sad. But a year later I'm sitting here saying that I think Moore can replace what JJSS gave us because I WANT Moore to succeed.

I would LOVE for Ross to become a poor man's Hopkins. Or even a prospect on par with Rashee Rice. That would be cool as hell. Young receivers on cost-controlled deals getting passes from Mahomes and being schemed opened by Reid is just fun stuff, y'all.

But...I'm not gonna pretend this guy was a 1st rounder. He wasn't. Ever. And there are a half-dozen different data points that pretty clearly demonstrate that with the final one being that teams take guys with injuries worse than Ross's foot issue in the draft every single year. And none of 'em took Ross.

Because those other guys demonstrated traits that say "hey, this is worth the risk" whereas Ross just didn't. If I'm wrong, it'll be about the 100th time I've been wrong and some fractional percentage of my MOST wrong moments. And I'll be happy because we have a young weapon for our bi-racial angel to sling the ball at.

But I probably won't be.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:38 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I root against Frank Clark because I just can't stand his 'dawg' schtick.

I rooted, a little, against Skyy Moore because it would make Staylor sad. But a year later I'm sitting here saying that I think Moore can replace what JJSS gave us because I WANT Moore to succeed.

I would LOVE for Ross to become a poor man's Hopkins. Or even a prospect on par with Rashee Rice. That would be cool as hell. Young receivers on cost-controlled deals getting passes from Mahomes and being schemed opened by Reid is just fun stuff, y'all.

But...I'm not gonna pretend this guy was a 1st rounder. He wasn't. Ever. And there are a half-dozen different data points that pretty clearly demonstrate that with the final one being that teams take guys with injuries worse than Ross's foot issue in the draft every single year. And none of 'em took Ross.

Because those other guys demonstrated traits that say "hey, this is worth the risk" whereas Ross just didn't. If I'm wrong, it'll be about the 100th time I've been wrong and some fractional percentage of my MOST wrong moments. And I'll be happy because we have a young weapon for our bi-racial angel to sling the ball at.

But I probably won't be.
I'll remember that with Rashee Rice! :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:45 PM 06-02-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'll remember that with Rashee Rice! :-)
Rashee Rice could shoot your dog and you couldn't root against him.

I don't think you're capable of rooting against a Chief.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 112
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up