ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 488
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
BossChief 02:26 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So we were at -6 million in cap space before the moves. Add the $11 million from Clark and then remove the $4.5 million cap hit from Reid and we’ll be at less than a million. Add in the Mahomes restructure and we should be at around $23 million. Definitely enough to get a WR and DE with how Veach structures his contracts.
They may already have deals in place for AR and Smith.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:27 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm not a Robinson stan. I dunno, seems he may be about to the physical point of the end happening?
Watkins II imo.

But hey, fuggit i'll take it! They weren't very interested in my boy Chark, and OBJ is missing a knee.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456:
How am I trolling if he said it will happen within an hour or two and it passed 2 hours? Take a hike bucko!
Exact quote for you:

Originally Posted by :
I have a feeling we are going to make multiple announcements together. AR, Tyreek and Smith deals all announced within an hour or 2 of each other.

[Reply]
O.city 02:28 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hill could be on the table because he can be your day 1 starter at nickel and give you an immediate impact. He allows you to move Sneed outside, which they flirted with last year.

He’s the only S I’d consider because you can get him on the field day 1.
Possible. But I'd think you could fill that hole with someone cheaper or later in draft and use that first for something bigger.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:29 PM 03-15-2022
Damn. JuJu is tough as hell. would not mind one bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXcORbZOcdI
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 03-15-2022
Now that they have Reid, I don't think Hill would be on the table there anymore.

Possible. But in this scenario, I wonder if they'd look around for a vet to trade that first for if no one wanted to come up?

If you could, say, trade 30 to the Vikings for Theilan and their 2nd?
He could be.

I mean Thornhill is entering his walk year. And Hill would be more of a swiss-army knife type safety similar to Mathieu than anyone we have, IMO.

So you could figure on him being the 'swing safety' with the Chiefs playing a TON of 4-2-5 looks w/ Reid playing something of a hybrid 'backer/safety and Thornhill as a single high.

Then if you can't get Thornhill extended or just don't want to, you could rotate Hill back into the single high role w/ Reid being more of an underneath sort long-term.

Finding snaps for him isn't my worry. It's just straight up positional value.

And man, have you EVER had a 1st round pick you actually wanted to make? Or do you just want to trade all of them for dudes that need contracts?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:29 PM 03-15-2022
Possible. But I'd think you could fill that hole with someone cheaper or later in draft and use that first for something bigger.
Well the idea is that he would be your long term starter after Thornhill, if they have no intention of paying him.

He’s just a very valuable chess piece due to his versatility, hence why I don’t take him off my board like the other safeties.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Watkins II imo.

But hey, fuggit i'll take it! They weren't very interested in my boy Chark, and OBJ is missing a knee.
Not sure where you're getting Watkins out of Robinson.

He missed basically an entire season his last year in Jax and then 5 games last year but other than that, he's played in 13 games or more every year.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 02:30 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m betting Allen Robinson will be a Chief by this time tomorrow.
I bet he will not
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:30 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don't have to be cap compliant until then anyway...
Have to be by 3 CT tomorrow
[Reply]
staylor26 02:31 PM 03-15-2022
Maybe O.City IS Veach.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:31 PM 03-15-2022
Let's go all-out Rams style!

Robinson, Clowney, Suh, and Collins.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 02:31 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exact quote for you:
And yet they all have not been signed :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So we were at -6 million in cap space before the moves. Add the $11 million from Clark and then remove the $4.5 million cap hit from Reid and we’ll be at less than a million. Add in the Mahomes restructure and we should be at around $23 million. Definitely enough to get a WR and DE with how Veach structures his contracts.
Man I'd like to see that turn into 4 guys somehow.

I just don't see anyone out there anymore that I'd be eager to throw $10 million AAVs at (including Robinson).

The stars/scrubs approach has gotten us into trouble here and there. Can we please work on building greater roster depth, especially on defense?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:32 PM 03-15-2022
"Defensive end Randy Gregory agreed to a five-year, $70 million contract with the Denver Broncos on Tuesday, hours after he had agreed to a similar contract to return to the Dallas Cowboys, sources told ESPN. Gregory's deal with the Broncos includes $28 million guaranteed."

Not as much as I thought he would get.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 488
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up