ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 716 of 3903
« First < 216616666706712713714715716 71771871972072676681612161716 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:13 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
I’m not all gloom and doom, but it’s time to take off the Rose colored glasses off and start looking at this seriously. Grateful I live in the us and no the European Union, South America or China. When it’s all said and done our country would have handled this properly by making sure people that need it get ventilators and icu beds. Those other places can’t mass produce like we can.
I don't know of anyone seeing this through rose colored glasses.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:13 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Pete must not talk to Buc and Taco.
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:16 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Pete must not talk to Buc and Taco.
To be fair OH you are on the other side of the spectrum. US is doing a better job of mitigating this than you are giving them credit for.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:17 PM 03-24-2020
To be fair OH you are on the other side of the spectrum. US is doing a better job of mitigating this than you are giving them credit for.
in some stats I will agree.

But I want one direction treating each state like little empires isn't going to work in the long run.

WA and Ohio have been rocking.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:17 PM 03-24-2020

[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:19 PM 03-24-2020

#Breaking
Atlanta Mayor says ICU units are at capacity. @CBS46 #Coronavirus pic.twitter.com/l0fKdh8nYm

— shon gables cbs46 (@shongables) March 24, 2020

shit getting bad in Atlanta
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:19 PM 03-24-2020
We had 225 new deaths today. over half of those from the most densely populated area in the country.

You have to have some context on this.
How many deaths per day was Italy having 2 weeks ago, when people said that the US would be at that amount in 2 weeks? I can’t get the numbers right now and am curious.

Pretty sure the US had a total of less than 40 deaths at that time total.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:20 PM 03-24-2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 PM 03-24-2020
It's almost like you aren't happy unless you are painting a doom and gloom scenario with every one of your posts.
you want to bury your head in the sand, stick your fingers in your ears, go start a new sunshine and rainbows thread.

you are pal. The news is bad. People need to know the facts.
Things are not going well. Health care workers taking care of victims are now dying because they don’t have masks. That’s a god damn tragedy that didn’t have to happen. People need to know the facts.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 10:22 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
you want to bury your head in the sand, stick your fingers in your ears, go start a new sunshine and rainbows thread.

Things are not going well. Health care workers taking care of victims are now dying because they don’t have masks. That’s a god damn tragedy that didn’t have to happen. People need to know the facts.
REP trying to downplay this does no one any good.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:22 PM 03-24-2020
We had 225 new deaths today. over half of those from the most densely populated area in the country.

You have to have some context on this.
You talk about those lives like you are talking about some dead ants or something. These are American citizens w families.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:24 PM 03-24-2020
Looks like in my little town the hoarding is slowing down. Starting to see the stores catch back up. 6 confirmed cases in amarillo and 1 death
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:27 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Looks like in my little town the hoarding is slowing down. Starting to see the stores catch back up. 6 confirmed cases in amarillo and 1 death
Good news on that front

People are no longer panic buying as much and grocery stores are hiring more people to ensure their aisles are stocked.

I think the selfishness was taken down a notch. At least here locally.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:30 PM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Not from you they dont.

You're a fucking loon..
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:31 PM 03-24-2020
I’m not all gloom and doom, but it’s time to take off the Rose colored glasses off and start looking at this seriously. Grateful I live in the us and no the European Union, South America or China. When it’s all said and done our country would have handled this properly by making sure people that need it get ventilators and icu beds. Those other places can’t mass produce like we can.
There will be around 341 deaths tomorrow.

There will be around 3800 deaths in the coming week.

Less sure but tracking to see 20,000 deaths next week.

It is math. It’s actually fairly easy to track since it’s based on trends built on hundreds of thousands of cases. You can take death rates from almost any country and work it backwards using this math.

All of the variables Pete is citing are not necessarily wrong, they just don’t factor in a meaningful way into the numbers that will determine how many people will be hospitalized, require life support, and die. Age/etc hasn’t proven to be as much of a factor as maxing out the health care system. Again, the math clearly shows this.

I said last week that people just can’t comprehend yet what’s about to hit. But the math is super easy:

Takes on average 8 days from infection to death.

The current death rate of reported cases is around 12.2% (we actually saw 9 more people than I predicted yesterday).

When the health care system is overwhelmed like in Italy that rate goes up to as high as 24%.

The 11,000+ who were infected today will result in approximately 1,352 deaths a week from now.

It is just math.
[Reply]
Page 716 of 3903
« First < 216616666706712713714715716 71771871972072676681612161716 > Last »
Up