ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 139
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:49 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is a move for the next 2-3 years. The Chiefs have 2 of their top 3 WRs with expiring contracts after this year.

It has nothing to do with Moore.

As for why that's further proof, people are acting like the Chiefs traded for a WR because they're unhappy with Moore. They've probably been eyeing Toney going back to the draft. They've definitely had their eyes on him since trad stumped started in the sorting (April which is before the draft).

This is t thst complicated.
Reports are that they loved him in the draft but didn't have a 1st round pick. And trade discussions started back in the spring time.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:49 PM 10-28-2022
So.....i finally got my coveted first round WR...

[Reply]

Sassy Squatch 02:50 PM 10-28-2022
This is a move for the next 2-3 years. The Chiefs have 2 of their top 3 WRs with expiring contracts after this year.

As for why that's further proof, people are acting like the Chiefs traded for a WR because they're unhappy with Moore. They've probably been eyeing Toney going back to the draft. They've definitely had their eyes on him since trad stumped started in the sorting (April which is before the draft), and clealry had discussions too.

:-) You alright, man? Smell burnt toast?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:51 PM 10-28-2022

As for why that's further proof, people are acting like the Chiefs traded for a WR because they're unhappy with Moore. They've probably been eyeing Toney going back to the draft. They've definitely had their eyes on him since trad stumped started in the sorting (April which is before the draft).

That's awfully strong.

If Moore had gone out there and forced himself into starters reps, perhaps the 3rd rounder they used on Toney would've gone to Quinn.

I think it has SOMETHING to do with Moore. With the obvious added benefit of what he can provide long-term.

And citing their spring interest in him doesn't say much there either. They didn't know what they had in Moore or even Watson. Or MVS or JJSS for that matter. Why wouldn't they be interested in adding to the WR room? But ultimately Moore, with the solid performance of JJSS and MVS, could've made his addition a less valuable use of the asset.
[Reply]
-King- 02:53 PM 10-28-2022
Look at all these dipshits that don't have a clue. Right scrap?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) You alright, man? Smell burnt toast?
I was typing while watching a YT video lol.
[Reply]
-King- 02:55 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This dude is going to LOVE having a competent QB throwing him the ball now.
Really hope they just do some simple plays to get the ball in his hands and let him go off against Tennessee. He doesn't need to know the whole playbook to make plays. Just do a chunk at a time. Keep him engaged and happy.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:56 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Look at all these dipshits that don't have a clue. Right scrap?
DJ isn't a dipshit.

But he's got a hard on for Moore at this point, so of course he's going to say "well it could be" then proceed to write an essay.

Yes, if Moore were a super star and absolutely forced Andy to start him the trade might not have happened.

But I'm pretty sure the Chiefs like the idea of Toney AND Moore going back to the spring. They will play different roles, and can compliment each other nicely.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Lord - look at his feet...

He's making a hard cut as he's turning his body completely around and then immediately gets back up to speed.

I mean that's just indefensible in a 1v1 situation.

I was really wanting to get Moore on the field because I didn't see another WR I thought could just go out there and torch single coverage on the backside of the play. Holy buckets man, is that Toney's bread and butter.

It really helps keep teams honest in how they cover Kelce or even JJSS. Teams are willing to dedicate a double to Kelce and then even be ready to roll the other safety over to the strong side because they aren't that concerned about the X receiver on the back-side just obliterating his guy on a route. So they'll single up over there.

But man, if you could get Toney up to speed in the offense and operating out of that X position, it's going to make it impossible to roll coverage. You could still double Kelce, but you couldn't double Kelce AND give extra attention to that side of the field for drag routes and/or quick hitters to JJSS. And with enough attention you could actually use Toney to draw safety attention over that lets MVS get free downfield.

His ability to beat man would open up a TON in this offense. We don't have it. We needed it. And he has it in spades.
It's even more ridiculous from this view..

Kadarius Toney vs Trevon Diggs ⚡️

pic.twitter.com/D03xiCdFeW

— Sportskeeda Pro Football (@SKProFootball) October 10, 2021

There is no way to defend a guy that can break like that.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:59 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:

I was about to write the same thing.

Idk how you defend that in single coverage like that, lol. You can't.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:00 PM 10-28-2022

That's what I'm saying. That's Diggs he's clowning right there. And he did it repeatedly. As a rookie.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:00 PM 10-28-2022
And let's get one thing straight, I was driving the Toney bus going all the way back to the draft.

I got receipts. I even drafted them for the Jags in the CP Mock, which would've been a hit based on reports if he made it to their pick.

I even have the first post in this thread.

I'm president of the Toney fan club.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM 10-28-2022

Y'know what's interesting about that route, after he absolutely de-pantsed Diggs, he didn't just go 100 mph to the sideline.

That's one of those little variations in the route timing you don't always notice (I didn't from the other view). He knew how much space he had to work with and that if he sprints to the sideline, he's closing his QBs window. By dialing his speed back a little, he was able to maintain plenty of separation but also leave plenty of cushion between himself and the sideline to give his QB a longer time to see him and hit him with the pass.

That's smart stuff.

Kid just needs to grow up. Some never do, but if he does, he can absolutely play this game at a high level.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM 10-28-2022
I think the trade comes way more down to only having 2 WR's under contract after this year, there is no guarantee JJ or Hardman are coming back and the FA class is balls.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 10-28-2022
And let's get one thing straight, I was driving the Toney bus going all the way back to the draft.

I got receipts. I even drafted them for the Jags in the CP Mock, which would've been a hit based on reports if he made it to their pick.

I even have the first post in this thread.

I'm president of the Toney fan club.
I kinda feel like when you were lukewarm on my idea of trading for him, you ceded your throne...
[Reply]
Page 71 of 139
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Up