ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 97
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
dlphg9 12:24 AM 10-31-2022
Beckham turns 30 in a few days and is injury prone as they come

-tore his ACL in October 2020, then tore that motherfucker again on a non contact play. It's barely been 2 years and he's recovering from his 2nd torn ACL on the same leg.

Before the ACL tear in

2018 missed 4 games for a quad bruise

He fractured his left ankle in Oct 2017 and before that he sprained his left ankle and missed 2 preseason games and the season opener.

In 2014 he messed his hamstring up two times.

2012 fucked up his hip in college.

Those are all the injuries that caused him to miss time. He came into the league 9 years ago and has played 101 games including the play offs. Including the 8 games he's missed this year he's missed he has missed 41 out of 142 games. He's missed 30% of his games. If you just go back to 2017, then he has only played in 53 out of a total of 93 games. That's not being available for 43% of his games.

I'd maybe take him for a few million a season, but I'm not expecting much out of the guy. He can't stay on the field, is almost 30, and has had 2 major injuries on the same knee in 2 years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 AM 10-31-2022
Kind of blue-skying, but I think JuJu will stay if they offer him 16M/hr. One of the things I remember from his first interview with the Chiefs media when asked why he accepted KC's offer he said, "I want to win. I am going to play with a future Hall of Fame QB, to play with one of the best to ever do it. My goal as a player is to win, so I’m going to Kansas City with the hopes of winning a Super Bowl."

I think the decision for him isn't only about the money. He got a taste of frustration and losing in PIT the last couple years, and decided he didn't like it. He might give the Chiefs a hometown discount just to keep winning, get a shot at more SBs, and maybe become one of the best to ever do it by proxy. Kind of how we still remember the John Taylors, the Reggie Waynes, and so on.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:00 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Beckham turns 30 in a few days and is injury prone as they come

-tore his ACL in October 2020, then tore that motherfucker again on a non contact play. It's barely been 2 years and he's recovering from his 2nd torn ACL on the same leg.

Before the ACL tear in

2018 missed 4 games for a quad bruise

He fractured his left ankle in Oct 2017 and before that he sprained his left ankle and missed 2 preseason games and the season opener.

In 2014 he messed his hamstring up two times.

2012 fucked up his hip in college.

Those are all the injuries that caused him to miss time. He came into the league 9 years ago and has played 101 games including the play offs. Including the 8 games he's missed this year he's missed he has missed 41 out of 142 games. He's missed 30% of his games. If you just go back to 2017, then he has only played in 53 out of a total of 93 games. That's not being available for 43% of his games.

I'd maybe take him for a few million a season, but I'm not expecting much out of the guy. He can't stay on the field, is almost 30, and has had 2 major injuries on the same knee in 2 years.
If there weren’t those concerns, a player of his caliber would never even be a possibility for such a tiny cap number.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:03 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If there weren’t those concerns, a player of his caliber would never even be a possibility for such a tiny cap number.
I just don't see the point in getting him. Sure it's low risk, but I'd rather see Toney and Moore getting more snaps. I could see it being like the failed Josh Gordon experiment, but the big difference is that last year Gordon wasn't taking snaps from guys we need to be future starters.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:21 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Kind of blue-skying, but I think JuJu will stay if they offer him 16M/hr. One of the things I remember from his first interview with the Chiefs media when asked why he accepted KC's offer he said, "I want to win. I am going to play with a future Hall of Fame QB, to play with one of the best to ever do it. My goal as a player is to win, so I’m going to Kansas City with the hopes of winning a Super Bowl."

I think the decision for him isn't only about the money. He got a taste of frustration and losing in PIT the last couple years, and decided he didn't like it. He might give the Chiefs a hometown discount just to keep winning, get a shot at more SBs, and maybe become one of the best to ever do it by proxy. Kind of how we still remember the John Taylors, the Reggie Waynes, and so on.
I believe anyone in the world, no matter how rich, would work for 16M an hour.
[Reply]
O.city 06:52 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:53 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Has anyone given the Chiefs a discount so far?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:04 AM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Kelce.
[Reply]
Balto 08:11 AM 10-31-2022
Patrick
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 PM 11-06-2022
Pay. This. Man. His. Fucking. Money.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:57 PM 11-06-2022
Maybe the best signing in along time
[Reply]
carcosa 10:59 PM 11-06-2022
Have we re-signed this piece of shit yet????
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:59 PM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Maybe the best signing in along time
Yes, he's been the biggest steal in free agency in my opinion. He's a beast. I don't know what's it cast to extend him but I hope we can. His price tag has gone up.
[Reply]
Bump 11:00 PM 11-06-2022
I say try to give him one of those 3 year 45 mill deals, something along those lines right now
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:01 PM 11-06-2022
Mahomes and Kelce, ironically.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 97
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Up