ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 469
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:32 PM 05-10-2022
Downtown stadiums are terrible. Only good one is san diego. Every other attempt at making fans commute like that has failed. San Diego only works cause they have comic cons there.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:37 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:

I'm approaching GBlowjob levels of negativity.
Uh, it's Blowfish, dude. Blowfish.
And every time I think the Royals have hit rock bottom, Matheny grabs a shovel.

I'd be happy if these guys could just manage to be 75 wins a season middle of the pack-ish.
Be the Baltimore Orioles. Or the Texas Rangers or the Colorado Rockies. You know, teams that will own us this week.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:53 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Downtown stadiums are terrible. Only good one is san diego. Every other attempt at making fans commute like that has failed. San Diego only works cause they have comic cons there.
I disagree. While I don't hate The K, I'd be more inclined to go downtown for the occasional game if there was a place to grab a drink before and after the game.

Put in in/around the Berkley Riverfront and you could still have a decent chance of having a parking option. Put it in The West Bottoms and watch the area grow.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:54 PM 05-10-2022
As an undercover Rockies fan, gblowfish just issued fighting words. The Rockies are actually good this year. Kris Bryant was a fail but they have Colton Welker, AKA the less hyped BWJ.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:55 PM 05-10-2022
Oh, and I wonder how Google Fiber dropping TV service has impacted daily viewership?
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:56 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Oh, and I wonder how Google Fiber dropping TV service has impacted daily viewership?
That's been merciful this year. Watching them does much more harm than good.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 03:57 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I disagree. While I don't hate The K, I'd be more inclined to go downtown for the occasional game if there was a place to grab a drink before and after the game.

Put in in/around the Berkley Riverfront and you could still have a decent chance of having a parking option. Put it in The West Bottoms and watch the area grow.
Thats my point though. Its great for a one day event. The bleacher bums like me that want to attend 162 games a year dont have the money for it. And we bleacher bums pay the bills.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:09 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
That's been merciful this year. Watching them does much more harm than good.
I'm sure that's a welcome bullet point in some meetings where the down viewership, if it's down, isn't because the team sucks, it's Google Fiber's fault. You know there's some creative thinking going on to divert from the truth. It's a fulltime position within the Royals organization - explaining the sucky numbers.. Softening the blow. Avoiding the straight truth.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:11 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Thats my point though. Its great for a one day event. The bleacher bums like me that want to attend 162 games a year dont have the money for it. And we bleacher bums pay the bills.
I get it, but baseball is a summer sport, and I lose interest as soon at the temps get to 86 degrees, and the sun is out. I'm at the point where I want both football and baseball to be a 75 degree, controlled humidity, short sleeve shirt event where sunscreen isn't required.
[Reply]
FringeNC 04:42 PM 05-10-2022
Santana is a sunk cost and you're not get anything for him. We need to see Melendez, Pratto, and Pasquantino play everyday and I really don't care who besides Santana has to sit/cut to make it happen.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:11 PM 05-10-2022
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!...)

What the f--k happened to the Planet I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, Whitt, we might get in trouble.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. White Sox are dead! Twins dead, Cleveland gone
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:20 PM 05-10-2022
Seems like we are in the 1985 - 2014 doldrums again. Team seems like it's just going through the motions and collecting paychecks. Bally Sports attracts the cheapest advertisers (Jungle Law, etc).

My nephew-in-law is a Cardinals fan and hates the Royals. He told me that he was sorry we had Matheny. For Christmas in 2014, he wrapped my present in Madison Bumgardner pages from Sports Illustrated and sports mags. Until the leadership changes, I don't believe the Royals will change.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05:58 PM 05-10-2022
Jason LaCan'tfora is still salty about the Royals sweeping the O's back in 2014.

On today's show, they were discussing yesterday's game and he had to drop in "Those Royals ain't good" and then reference the Dyson t-shirt before dissing all those "college pitchers we wasted money" on because "He" wouldn't have drafted them.

I honestly think we broke the Orioles in '14.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:10 PM 05-10-2022
I forgot the Rangers got a few stadium. I didn't know why or looked so weird at first.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:18 PM 05-10-2022
Salvy's great and all, but I really wish he'd quit laughing and presumably telling the opposing pitcher what a good pitch he just made after he's striking out.

It sure is what it looks like.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 469
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up