ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 112
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
scho63 07:18 AM 10-02-2022
Actually I can think of two and they played together at the end of their careers.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:48 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Then who is the best GM in the league?

I guarantee you can't come up with a single name that doesn't have comparable/similar misses to go along with a SB ring and all the success he has had in his short time.

This is just a really stupid take. Everybody misses.
If Veach didn't come into such a good situation those misses he had would of been a lot more damaging.

Veach didn't take over a 4-12 team, many pieces were already here.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:54 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
If Veach didn't come into such a good situation those misses he had would of been a lot more damaging.

You didn't answer my question.

Who is then? Where is the GM that's batting 1.000?

Also, Frank Clark played a huge role in that SB, but let's just ignore that, right?
[Reply]
O.city 07:59 AM 10-02-2022
Any chance he could make a trade for Ryan Ramczyk?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:21 AM 10-02-2022

A big reason he came into such a good situation is because he drafted Mahomes. Even Reid gives him credit for that.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:24 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
A big reason he came into such a good situation is because he drafted Mahomes. Even Reid gives him credit for that.
To be fair, he didn't "draft" Mahomes.

But I agree that it is clear who was driving the Mahomes bandwagon in the FO, and he absolutely deserves credit for that (hence why Reid gives it to him).
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 08:27 AM 10-02-2022

For every miss he also has multiple hits. Completely revamping a defense and an offensive line in a single off-season along with locking up the best player in the league to a team friendly deal for the next decade is pretty incredible.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:36 AM 10-02-2022

Hiring a HC and acquiring a franchise QB are the two most difficult and important things a GM has to do. Veach did neither.

Outside of corner, Veach has struggled with finding players who play premium positions, frequently missing on them in the draft and overpaying mediocre ones. Most of his draft hits have been day 2 picks at non-premium positions.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:38 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Hiring a HC and acquiring a franchise QB are the two most difficult and important things a GM has to do. Veach did neither.

Outside of corner, Veach has struggled with finding players who play premium positions, frequently missing on them in the draft and overpaying mediocre ones. Most of his draft hits have been day 2 picks at non-premium positions.
:-)

Thinks his GM is one of the best when he's accomplished absolutely nothing aside from drafting a very safe Patrick Surtain in the top 10.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:46 AM 10-02-2022

Paton hired a head coach. That's true.

By the same token, I make a work of art every time one of my bowel movements leaves skid marks behind.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 10-02-2022
Denver has been consistently picking in the top 10

I mean yeah it’s easy to pick guys there
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:45 AM 10-02-2022

By this criteria, Paton deserves an F so far. Yet to you he’s spectacular! Go figure.

Keep pretending that Veach wasn’t the one to discover Mahomes years before most had any interest. He’s the reason he’s in KC. You can make up conspiracy theories but that’s all they are.

Btw, which “premium” positions has he frequently missed on in the draft?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:14 AM 10-02-2022
Hiring a HC and acquiring a franchise QB are the two most difficult and important things a GM has to do.
And your dumpster fire Denver team is Exhibit A of that since your latest HC/QB reset is struggling (to put it mildly).

Looks like you are going to have to do better than Fat Russell and Peter Principle Nathaniel to end that 8 year losing streak to the Chiefs.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:32 AM 10-02-2022

Very odd to me that Kelce, Hill etc aren't seen as fairly important pieces that are pretty essential to the SB win, slightly more important than Clark, and not down to Veach.

I like Veach, I particularly like that, imo, he's got better at drafting. But I just do not get the people who refuse to accept any even slight criticism of him or allow for some of the recognition to go to previous drafts. If Brown had taken the offer he put on the table I wonder how many people would be defending that.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that other GMs are necessarily better, or one's they'd swap Veach for.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:46 AM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Very odd to me that Kelce, Hill etc aren't seen as fairly important pieces that are pretty essential to the SB win, slightly more important than Clark, and not down to Veach.

I like Veach, I particularly like that, imo, he's got better at drafting. But I just do not get the people who refuse to accept any even slight criticism of him or allow for some of the recognition to go to previous drafts. If Brown had taken the offer he put on the table I wonder how many people would be defending that.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that other GMs are necessarily better, or one's they'd swap Veach for.
Literally nobody disagrees with this.

I can also accept criticism. He has not been perfect. Nobody is. That's the point.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 112
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Up