ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 200
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
-King- 02:28 PM 05-18-2019
So we can agree that Durant has no REAL championships and LeBron only has 1 REAL championship right?

If that's the case then no way LeBron can be in the conversation for GOAT with only 1 real ring that he should be "comfortable" with.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:34 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
So we can agree that Durant has no REAL championships and LeBron only has 1 REAL championship right?

If that's the case then no way LeBron can be in the conversation for GOAT with only 1 real ring that he should be "comfortable" with.
3 championships, I believe, as I do not recall LeBron going to join the 73 win team that he just lost to at any point in his career and/or a team that didn't need him to win a title.

And considering championships are a team accomplishment, it really has very little bearing on his GOAT status (which is already assured). Otherwise Bill Russell would be considered the GOAT when he is very clearly not.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:34 PM 05-18-2019
LeBron felt pretty bad about his superteam in Miami and returned to Cleveland, I guess. Those 2 titles in Miami don't count.
[Reply]
-King- 02:38 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
3 championships, I believe, as I do not recall LeBron going to join the 73 win team that he just lost to at any point in his career and/or a team that didn't need him to win a title.

And considering championships are a team accomplishment, it really has very little bearing on his GOAT status (which is already assured). Otherwise Bill Russell would be considered the GOAT when he is very clearly not.
:-) You have to be Nick Wright the way you twist yourself in LeBron conversations. If LeBron was so comfortable with those two titles why didn't he just stay and win more?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:40 PM 05-18-2019
How exactly do the rockets have a better offensive superstar
Because Harden is a far better offensive player than Giannis (11.4 OWS to 8.9, 10.5 OBPM to 5.7 this year). Like it isn't even close.

Giannis' defence in combination with his offense is what makes him one of the best players in the league, but his offense doesn't even come close to Harden. Harden is one of the greatest offensive players to ever play this sport.

Originally Posted by :
or a better system?
Houston takes FAR more threes than Milwaukee. 52% of their shot attempts are threes rather than 42% for the Bucks. Their FT rate is also significantly higher as well, which led them to having the higher offensive rating all season (115.5 to 113.8). Analytically, you can't ask for a better offense than Houston has.

If you were going to craft a system to beat Golden State with less talent (and everyone has less talent), Houston is literally the perfect example of how to do it. The Bucks might be slightly better overall than Houston (although even that is unclear), but they certainly aren't built to beat the Warriors.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:45 PM 05-18-2019
:-) You have to be Nick Wright the way you twist yourself in LeBron conversations. If LeBron was so comfortable with those two titles why didn't he just stay and win more?
Because, as you will recall, Dwayne Wade had declined completely by then, his knees were shot, and he had become a complete shell of his former self. Wade's awful series against the Spurs made it quite clear that LeBron wasn't going to be winning any further titles in that organization.

Indeed, LeBron's move to Cleveland was done to win more championships and not waste his prime. If he saw a route to do that in Miami with his best friend in the league, he clearly would have done that instead. Durant's move to New York would not be to win more championships (because that certainly wouldn't be improved at all), it would be to save the legacy that he destroyed by joining the 73 win Warriors in the first place.
[Reply]
-King- 02:50 PM 05-18-2019
Because Harden is a far better offensive player than Giannis (11.4 OWS to 8.9, 10.5 OBPM to 5.7 this year). Like it isn't even close.

Giannis' defence in combination with his offense is what makes him one of the best players in the league, but his offense doesn't even come close to Harden. Harden is one of the greatest offensive players to ever play this sport.

Houston takes FAR more threes than Milwaukee. 52% of their shot attempts are threes rather than 42% for the Bucks. Their FT rate is also significantly higher as well, which led them to having the higher offensive rating all season (115.5 to 113.8).

If you were going to craft a system to beat Golden State with less talent (and everyone has less talent), Houston is literally the perfect example of it. The Bucks might be slightly better overall than Houston (although even that is unclear), but they certainly aren't built to beat the Warriors.
I think the team that scores the most on better efficiency has the better system. Just a hunch.

And funny how you only use the metrics you like to support your harden vs giannis argument. And I was using playoff metrics because we're talking about playoffs. Using your metrics in the playoffs Giannis has 1.2 OWS and 11.2 BPM. Harden had 1 OWS and 8.5 BPM. So yeah like i said, Giannis is the way better offensive superstar.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:50 PM 05-18-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
LeBron felt pretty bad about his superteam in Miami and returned to Cleveland, I guess. Those 2 titles in Miami don't count.
Or he just wanted to find a #2 player that was actually still a quality NBA player and not completely washed like Wade was so as not to waste his age prime on a team that had no shot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:52 PM 05-18-2019
Or he just wanted to find a #2 player that was actually still a quality NBA player and not completely washed like Wade was so as not to waste his age prime on a team that had no shot.
Sure. It's all about perspective. LeBron and Durant are both soft bitches for what they've done in their respective careers in my eyes. One is just much better at it than the other.
[Reply]
-King- 02:52 PM 05-18-2019
Because, as you will recall, Dwayne Wade had declined completely by then, his knees were shot, and he had become a complete shell of his former self. Wade's awful series against the Spurs made it quite clear that LeBron wasn't going to be winning any further titles in that organization.

Indeed, LeBron's move to Cleveland was done to win more championships and not waste his prime. If he saw a route to do that in Miami with his best friend in the league, he clearly would have done that instead. Durant's move to New York would not be to win more championships (because that certainly wouldn't be improved at all), it would be to save the legacy that he destroyed by joining the 73 win Warriors in the first place.
That same team with Wade's decline and shot knees won 37 games the next season while adjusting to LeBron leaving and 48 the season after that. You don't think they still would have been great if LeBron stayed. You think the Cavs were a better team than the heat were?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:54 PM 05-18-2019
I think the team that scores the most on better efficiency has the better system. Just a hunch.
That's what ORtg is. Houston was better than Milwaukee offensively this season.

Originally Posted by :
So yeah like i said, Giannis is the way better offensive superstar.
Except he's literally not even close. 10.5 OBPM to 5.7 OBPM is an ENORMOUS difference. Harden's offensive impact is untouched in the NBA right now. The fact that Harden can't reproduce that form in the playoffs because he's a choker is not the point.
[Reply]
-King- 02:56 PM 05-18-2019
That's what ORtg is. Houston was better than Milwaukee offensively this season.

Except he's literally not even close. 10.5 OBPM to 5.7 OBPM is an ENORMOUS difference. Harden's offensive impact is untouched in the NBA right now. The fact that Harden can't reproduce that form in the playoffs because he's a choker is not the point.
Oh you switched metrics again. Giannis is still better in the playoffs with 7.3 OBPM while harden was at 5.8 OBPM.

Which metric are you going to switch to now? :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:57 PM 05-18-2019
That same team with Wade's decline and shot knees won 37 games the next season while adjusting to LeBron leaving and 48 the season after that. You don't think they still would have been great if LeBron stayed. You think the Cavs were a better team than the heat were?
The 2015 through 2017 Cavs? For sure. I'd rather play with prime Kyrie Irving than 33 year old/knees shot/barely league average Dwayne Wade, yes. LeBron came to the same conclusion and he got one more title as a result.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:58 PM 05-18-2019
Oh you switched metrics again. Giannis is still better in the playoffs with 7.3 OBPM while harden was at 5.8 OBPM.

Which metric are you going to switch to now? :-)
Switched metrics? I literally cited OBPM in the original post comparing the two. Just re-emphasizing just how far apart these guys are offensively when Harden isn't choking out.
[Reply]
-King- 02:59 PM 05-18-2019
The 2015 through 2017 Cavs? For sure. I'd rather play with prime Kyrie Irving than 33 year old/knees shot/barely league average Dwayne Wade, yes. LeBron came to the same conclusion and he got one more title as a result.
But I thought Irving was a tagalong who couldn't lead a team to shit by himself and without Lebron he's nothing? Wade led the heat to the playoffs without Lebron. So once again, how were the Cavs without Lebron better than the heat without Lebron?

You're really scrambling right now.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 200
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up