ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 185
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:54 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Its preseason. Honestly nothing we've seen yet really matters. God I hate preseason.
Pre-season is indeed largely meaningless, particularly in terms of overall result and things like chemistry, since the purpose is evaluational instead of result-centric.

But certain things you can contextualize and realize shows true promise, even in an evaluation setting.

If a receiver runs for the EZ and is clocked at an unprecedented top speed, that means he has a capability that can be very useful.

If a D-lineman were to [lets take it to a ridiculous extreme] grab an O-limeman with one arm and throw that 300+ lbs man clear into the bleachers, you'd say 'wow, that's a lot of power' not 'meh, that's only a 3rd string 300# man.'

Karlaftis' display thus far GUARANTEES nothing, but it DEMONSTRATES capabilities that aren't just going to disappear against better or more focused competition either. If it were just 1-v-1 power matchups, you could say he's squaring off on underpowered opposition, but it's shift and lean and change direction and tenacity and follow-through.

Not the same as a guarantee of regular-season performance, but more durable and dependable metrics than can simply be discounted as being due to inferior competition.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:46 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think tagging him with the 'motor player' tag does him a bit of a disservice but he's just gonna have to live with that because it's gonna happen a lot.

What's most impressive to me is how heavy his hands are. He just looks like a guy who's not going to be fun to play against. Now I doubt he'll have the stamina as a rookie to really take full advantage of that, but by as early as next year he's going to be a guy who's wearing dudes out by the 4th quarter.

And I'm gonna keep an eye on him after the whistle. I'll bet you see a lot of OTs that give him shoves/smacks after the play is over. He may draw a penalty or two this year. Guys that play with that level of aggression and with those heavy hands just irritate linemen.
I like the motor tag especially right now. Still plenty of unknowns about how he will play. I’d imagine plenty of ups and downs as he learns and others adjust to him.

But the motor thing feels like a certainty to me. We know that he will work relentlessly on every snap. Probably stealing some wins he should have otherwise lost.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:05 AM 08-21-2022
Mitch called him the Greek Engine then went to the Locomotive. The Greek Engine was the better choice
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:07 AM 08-21-2022
Nah, you can take plenty from pre-season play, if you watch closely and evaluate.

First you have to know what the raw material is, and this is where the RAS scores carry weight. Even knowing that height is perhaps weighted unfairly, it's still a useful starting spot.

Karlaftis was what, a 9.23, something like that? Excellent.

Then you hear that he's a smart kid, and he wants to be great, and that he is constantly working-superior work ethic.

Then you see it all, the power, the relentlessness, the athleticism on the field as he embarasses grown men across from him.

And you can say to yourself-

Self, that will PLAY on Sundays.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:08 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Mitch called him the Greek Engine then went to the Locomotive. The Greek Engine was the better choice
That's terrible.

Furious George is so obvious.

2nd place for "My Gyro".
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:14 AM 08-21-2022
It's the preseason for Mitch too. Maybe he'll work in some Mountain Dew flavors Thursday
[Reply]
Lzen 07:31 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Amazing how that hold didn't get called
Yet another similarity to Tamba?
[Reply]
penguinz 07:34 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's terrible.

Furious George is so obvious.

2nd place for "My Gyro".
All of Mitch's nicknames are horrible.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:36 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yet another similarity to Tamba?
Karlaftis is a far superior physical specimen to Hali. I'm sorry, that's just true.

Hali was a high effort player, but he really only had the one move, and he wasn't all that powerful, and he wasn't all that fast. But he had max effort every snap, he did have that.

Karlaftis is on another level athletically. Now, will he achieve the same level of play over his career? That remains to be seen, but early returns and a small sample size says yes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:27 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
All of Mitch's nicknames are horrible.
Still holding out hope for George "the monitor lizard" Karlaftis
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:55 AM 08-21-2022
“The Greek Ermine”
[Reply]
Bowser 09:00 AM 08-21-2022
"The Gyro of the Defense"

/Mitchderp
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:43 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He is going wreck quarterbacks careers hopefully starting with Russell Wilson.
You spelt Tom Brady wrong. Speaking of which, Bucs OL is BANGED UP like Billay on a Saturday night. I hope Tom gets his karma payback from that SB shit show.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:25 AM 08-21-2022
The Supergyro
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:23 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You spelt Tom Brady wrong. Speaking of which, Bucs OL is BANGED UP like Billay on a Saturday night. I hope Tom gets his karma payback from that SB shit show.

At least 3 Super Bowl Titles would be revoked if karma exists with Brady
[Reply]
Page 71 of 185
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121171 > Last »
Up