ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 333
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:40 PM 04-18-2023
How many games have we been held to two or less hits this year? If you’re an opposing pitcher who wants to add a no-hitter to your resume you can’t wait to face the Royals.
[Reply]
Why Not? 04:42 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
How many games have we been held to two or less hits this year? If you’re an opposing pitcher who wants to add a no-hitter to your resume you can’t wait to face the Royals.
I’m fairly certain DeGrom would’ve gotten one last night had he not left injured.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:47 PM 04-18-2023
De Grom is an injury waiting to happen
[Reply]
srvy 05:05 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, that's not true, bud.

I did apologize (and share what details I could) and, when all was said and done, talked about how I needed to change my mindset on DV cases with athletes. That I was going to take it as an opportunity to grow.

Also not quite what my sourcing on things was. So hate me all you want, bro. I'm not crying into my pillow about it.

Take this as a "gotcha, he mad" if you're so inclined. I'll just sign off by pointing out that I'm not the one triggered by something that happened four years ago.
Yeah, you were so sure of it 4 years ago. You were just as cock sure that the royals were being soiled by evil evangelist bible beaters in the clubhouse. All because some little spoiled cardinal bitches didn't get the playing time they deserved and spread bullshit out to the press that they weren't getting playing time because of religion. Then those east coast slimy best fans in baseball spread it. You bought it and started the same damn thing here. Every chance you got you to put it out. Funny thing unlike St Lou I didn't see any of the ballplayers run their mouths after the regime was culled.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:10 PM 04-18-2023
Hey, we might have a small chance tonight with Eovaldi pitching against us. :-)
[Reply]
srvy 05:10 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're such a skeezy piece of garbage. Just an old hateful sack of shit who never accomplished a meaningful thing in his life. Im sure your family hates you and if you have kids they probably can't stand to be around you.

At least Duncan has the class to admit his faults and tries to better himself by working working on those faults, whereas you continuously spout off utter bullshit and could never admit a mistake. You fucking loser.
You and your bud bowed to the commy Moscow University bullshit they fed you. Moscow on the Missouri.

You're just a puny little cock suck who will blow anyone who upvotes you . Go suck his dick little turd.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:35 PM 04-18-2023
What would you have preferred?

Say they went out and spent $90M to get Kodai Senga and $70 to get Chris Bassitt, and then 180M to get Brandon Nimmo for his age 29-36 seasons. You think that's moving the needle this year? Probably makes them a team that tops out with an 80-85 win range. Is that what you're thinking?

My preference is that no later than June 1, we're looking at a lineup that includes Nick Loftin and Maikel Garcia.

If that means Garcia at SS, Witt Jr. at 3B, and Loftin at 2B (where he has been spending most of his time at Omaha this year), or Garcia at 2B, Witt at SS and Loftin at 3B, I don't care.

Personally, I'd give Witt some more time at SS and see how it's looking in a larger sample size. Because if you move him off of it, you need to move him off for good and to the more permanent spot.

I want to see Waters back in CF every day as soon as he's back. Jettison Bradley, Dozier, and Matt Duffy.
a one year free agency splurge is not gonna move the needle much. But, if your smart about it consistently year after year as well as killing the draft?...It just seems like we are leaving a big part of baseball on the table
[Reply]
Mecca 05:43 PM 04-18-2023
What would you have preferred?

Say they went out and spent $90M to get Kodai Senga and $70 to get Chris Bassitt, and then 180M to get Brandon Nimmo for his age 29-36 seasons. You think that's moving the needle this year? Probably makes them a team that tops out with an 80-85 win range. Is that what you're thinking?

My preference is that no later than June 1, we're looking at a lineup that includes Nick Loftin and Maikel Garcia.

If that means Garcia at SS, Witt Jr. at 3B, and Loftin at 2B (where he has been spending most of his time at Omaha this year), or Garcia at 2B, Witt at SS and Loftin at 3B, I don't care.

Personally, I'd give Witt some more time at SS and see how it's looking in a larger sample size. Because if you move him off of it, you need to move him off for good and to the more permanent spot.

I want to see Waters back in CF every day as soon as he's back. Jettison Bradley, Dozier, and Matt Duffy.
Dansby Swanson should have been their pursuit...
[Reply]
Mecca 05:46 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
a one year free agency splurge is not gonna move the needle much. But, if your smart about it consistently year after year as well as killing the draft?...It just seems like we are leaving a big part of baseball on the table
If that's your plan this team won't be competitive till at the earliest 27. When you asked for a new stadium in my view you need to act like you give a shit.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:48 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dansby Swanson should have been their pursuit...
Swanson was always going to Chicago. His wife is there.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:53 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Swanson was always going to Chicago. His wife is there.
Even if you believe that, the Royals pursued no one in a huge year of FA. Loweree the payroll and asked for a stadium..

It's a bad look.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:10 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Even if you believe that, the Royals pursued no one in a huge year of FA. Loweree the payroll and asked for a stadium..

It's a bad look.
Why in the hell would they go after a Free agent shortstop when they got a young stud at the position
[Reply]
Mecca 06:16 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Why in the hell would they go after a Free agent shortstop when they got a young stud at the position
Because if you leave Witt at 3rd you have a chance at a ++ infield.

It's another reason it annoys me to no end that Dozier is around. Vinnie should see most of his time around DH with Pratto at 1st.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:18 PM 04-18-2023
A 3rd baseman that could hit a little would be nice
[Reply]
poolboy 06:19 PM 04-18-2023
Bobby is not moving off SS...He wants to play there....kinda like dumbass OBJ wouldnt move off LT
[Reply]
Page 70 of 333
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up