ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 163
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
loochy 03:46 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Explain this to me.

Part of the attacker's body is extending goalside past the second to last defender's body at the time the ball was passed to him.

People always say the last defender, but it's the second to last defender. The law is that there must be at least two opposing players between a player and the goal at the time a ball is played to him. This rule does not apply on throw ins or if the ball is played from the attacker's own half of the field.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:48 PM 11-29-2022
Saturday. So excited.
[Reply]
Holladay 03:49 PM 11-29-2022
Ok, I don't follow soccer. No biggy.

So now they say it is single elimination....win and move on, lose and go out. Understandable.

What happens with a tie? Or will they keep playing, like OT until there is a winner?
[Reply]
loochy 03:49 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Saturday. So excited.
Well, I was excited.

But I'll be at the TCU-K State game so I'll be watching from my phone I guess...
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:51 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:

So now they say it is single elimination....win and move on, lose and go out. Understandable.

What happens with a tie? Or will they keep playing, like OT until there is a winner?
Extra time and penalties if necessary
[Reply]
loochy 03:52 PM 11-29-2022

There is no tie. They play the regulation time. If there is no winner, they add two 15 minute periods. If it is still tied, then they do a shootout - first to 5. If it is still tied, they go one one one until a winner happens.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:52 PM 11-29-2022

Two OT periods of 15 mins. If still tied it goes to penalty kicks. A goal in extra time does not automatically make that team the winner they play the full time.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 03:52 PM 11-29-2022

If it goes to overtime, two 15 minute halves. If it’s still tied, it goes to penalty kicks. It’s not golden goal, so it’s not like first person to score in the overtime wins, they play the full 30.
[Reply]
sedated 03:53 PM 11-29-2022
You sitting down and watching soccer 4 times doesn’t make you a good resource to make it better. It actually makes you a terrible person for that.
BWillie watches a lot of other sports and is still known for having terrible takes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:54 PM 11-29-2022

No ties at this point. It's going to be really fun here on out.
[Reply]
Monticore 03:54 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
If it goes to overtime, two 15 minute halves. If it’s still tied, it goes to penalty kicks. It’s not golden goal, so it’s not like first person to score in the overtime wins, they play the full 30.
I am glad they got rude about of golden goal .
[Reply]
BWillie 03:56 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Do the Iranians still get a goat to **** when they go home?
No they lost so they have to pick one person from their family to get stoned to death. Only get goats if you win
[Reply]
|Zach| 04:01 PM 11-29-2022
Would be fun to look into a crystal ball and see what these guys can put together for 2026
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:03 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
If any part of the attacker, except for the arm, is closer to the goal line than the ball or the second to last defender, keeper is the last defender 98%of the time, when the ball is played from a teammate then they are offside.
I've always wondered if there's not a defensive strategy to 'force' an offsides call.

I mean, if the 'back' defender rushes forward as the ball is being played, could he not effectively wreck the play? And because of that, doesn't it take a TON of starch out of the possible run? Afterall, it would seem to make a hard crash from the forward all but impossible when you have to worry about the defender 'creating' an offsides.

Is there a "no, your defenseman was a dipshit and ran himself out of the play" exception to this rule?

It's the biggest struggle I've had with soccer rules. You can know enough about hockey for most of soccer to make sense, but an offsides being determined by a moving target has always been tough to wrap my head around.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:05 PM 11-29-2022
Would be fun to look into a crystal ball and see what these guys can put together for 2026
Was it 02 or something when South Korea hosted and went on a monster run?

That could be us
[Reply]
Page 70 of 163
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120 > Last »
Up