ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 97
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:06 PM 10-30-2022
As far as salary goes at his present pace, I could see Juju commanding in the 15-18m/yr range. The Chiefs were paying on average Hammy Watkins about 14 million per season for his time here.

If you aren't willing to pay Juju at least 1 million more per year than you did for Mr.PerpetuallyInjured for twice the production, we are in a world of hurt.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:08 PM 10-30-2022
You guys that don't think Juju is getting $14m per have not been paying attention.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:10 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You guys that don't think Juju is getting $14m per have not been paying attention.

[Reply]
Balto 06:26 PM 10-30-2022
I’d wait till OBJ signs wherever before thinking of extending Juju
[Reply]
carcosa 06:28 PM 10-30-2022
I really want to re-sign Juju. Love his game here.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:33 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
I’d wait till OBJ signs wherever before thinking of extending Juju
you mean the dude who hasn't played a full season since Mahomes was like a freshman in college? That OBJ?
[Reply]
Balto 06:46 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
you mean the dude who hasn't played a full season since Mahomes was like a freshman in college? That OBJ?
Odell will add another weapon. He looked better than Kupp before he went down in the Super Bowl. If you give Juju a large contract now it could push Odell to the Bills instead of KC because the chances of signing a long term deal after this year with where ever he goes would drop here in KC.

Who knows, Odell could ball out and after our SB win could be the WR Veach wants to keep. I’d just wait and see what happens
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:04 PM 10-30-2022
Odell will add another weapon. He looked better than Kupp before he went down in the Super Bowl. If you give Juju a large contract now it could push Odell to the Bills instead of KC because the chances of signing a long term deal after this year with where ever he goes would drop here in KC.

Who knows, Odell could ball out and after our SB win could be the WR Veach wants to keep. I’d just wait and see what happens
Dude makes Sammy Watkins look like Iron Man, but you guys want to back up the Brinks truck.

"Well, he was real good last year before he got hurt!"

Same thing every year, rinse and repeat.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:07 PM 10-30-2022

Here’s the thing.

We don’t NEED Odell. This offense can attack a defense in any way Andy wants to attack an opposing defense in the area he perceives as their weakness without any further additions. We are good enough that we don’t really need to worry about what other teams do.

If Odell wants to come here and we can make it work, great. But we don’t need him to win a title.
[Reply]
-King- 09:51 PM 10-30-2022
I'd rather not get Odell after getting Toney now. We need him and Skyy getting as many snaps as possible to get ready for if/when Juju and MVS leave.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:36 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'd rather not get Odell after getting Toney now. We need him and Skyy getting as many snaps as possible to get ready for if/when Juju and MVS leave.
While I agree with that, for the most part, Odell is a PRECISION route runner and prides himself at every facet of being a WR and I genuinely think he would make that position group flat out unstoppable. Historic, even.

It would quite literally be impossible to design a defense to stop

Mahomes
Kelce
Juju
Obj
Skyy
MVS
Hardman

Townsend could be a healthy scratch

And it wouldn’t hurt our cap, going forward.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:02 PM 10-30-2022
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I really want to re-sign Juju. Love his game here.
If he stays healthy and just performs as well as he is right now for the rest of the season, he's going to get an offer from Veach at the end of the season. No reason not to.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:30 PM 10-30-2022
I have a question.

If Juju has a 1300 yard season, he bet on himself and earned a big FA deal that should be in line to get paid based on that production.

Why would he take 14m per season?

6’1” 215
26 years old
Productive
Good teammate
Quick learner (he’s producing in his first year in Andy’s tough to learn system for WRs.)
Physical with the ball and as a blocker

He bet on himself and this upcoming FA WR market is super thin while the cap is expected to rise…that’s a formula for a guy like Juju to get significantly more than 14m aav and possibly approaching 20m if he can stay healthy and perform well in the playoffs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:56 PM 10-30-2022
At this point it'd be pretty fucking pointless to get OBJ. We don't need him.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:19 AM 10-31-2022
I'm thinking we've yet to see his best and that there's even more room to get even better.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 97
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up