ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 78
« First < 20606667686970 71727374 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:32 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Also paid the extra $$ for the Disney Photo Pass. Well worth the $$. Pictures were great and we were able to get into photo opportunities we never would have otherwises
Last time we were at Disney was 2 years ago and I'll say that the photopass deal that Disney has is well worth the money. Took the entire family (around 18 of us). You can get tons of pics around the parks without having to worry about someone not being in the pic or asking someone to take one. Then you can download & save them when you get home.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:44 AM 05-20-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Last time we were at Disney was 2 years ago and I'll say that the photopass deal that Disney has is well worth the money. Took the entire family (around 18 of us). You can get tons of pics around the parks without having to worry about someone not being in the pic or asking someone to take one. Then you can download & save them when you get home.

Agreed. Plus, they send you a bunch of other stock photos from around the park that you can use for scrapbooks, photo albums, etc.. Pictures of some of the key landmarks when the park is empty, no tourists etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:00 AM 12-21-2021
Just spent a week at Disney World the first week of December...actually wasn't all that busy. Was able to ride most of the rides we wanted to at all the Parks.

There was a larger choice when it came to food options that last year. And 95% of the Cast Members were what you expected from Disney people.

They did a much better job getting people into the park quickly...no long lines checking every bag.

What was poor? The selection of merchandise and the prices for what merchandise was there. Quality of the merchandise was not there IMO

Anyone else been lately?
[Reply]
BWillie 11:03 AM 12-21-2021
I went to Disney World for one day during Thanksgiving weekend. Was one of the worst days of my life. 1.5 to 2 hrs to wait for rides. We probably went to the wrong park since we don't have kids, but my GF wanted to see that castle.

If I ever do it again certainly going at a less busier time and going to Universal Park.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 12-21-2021
Been there once.

Never again.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:11 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I went to Disney World for one day during Thanksgiving weekend. Was one of the worst days of my life. 1.5 to 2 hrs to wait for rides. We probably went to the wrong park since we don't have kids, but my GF wanted to see that castle.

If I ever do it again certainly going at a less busier time and going to Universal Park.
Magic Kingdom is always busy from 9 AM to 2 PM.....full of parents and kids. The parents take the kids back to the hotel for an afternoon break and the head back around 5/6 PM to finish the day.

NEVER, EVER go to Disney on Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve/Day. If you do you are just torturing yourself.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:17 AM 12-21-2021
We were there for eight days ending the 12th. The genie + fast pass system is terrible and contributes to it feeling even more busy than normal. We didn’t use it our first two days but realized we had no choice if our 20 month old was going to be able to do anything besides get cranky in lines. And yes, the merchandise selection was awful, both in quality and quantity for all ages, but there was essentially nothing for young kids or toddlers, whether clothes or toys.

We had been wanting to go at Christmas but that was the most disappointing for us. It didn’t really add to the fun as it was hard to actually just admire decorations or scenery with giant crowds. It didn’t help that my wife couldn’t find any Christmas ears and in general the Christmas souvenir supply wasn’t good at all. I think we would actually just prefer the Disney music in the background like normal. The Epcot Christmas concert was good though.

I liked the new Epcot night show but the new Magic Kingdom show is just okay and the old one was much better.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:27 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Magic Kingdom is always busy from 9 AM to 2 PM.....full of parents and kids. The parents take the kids back to the hotel for an afternoon break and the head back around 5/6 PM to finish the day.

NEVER, EVER go to Disney on Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve/Day. If you do you are just torturing yourself.
Halloween as well. Brutal crowds.
[Reply]
Spott 11:33 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

Going the Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving is actually pretty nice, or at least it was when I did it a couple of years ago.
[Reply]
scho63 11:33 AM 12-21-2021
I was a sophomore in High School the first and only time our family went to Disney World in Orlando.

Loved it.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:17 PM 12-21-2021
I went to WDW on Christmas Day once. Never again.

It was torture.
[Reply]
Spott 12:20 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I went to WDW on Christmas Day once. Never again.

It was torture.
The only day that might be worse is New Year’s Eve. I’ve never done it, but I have heard horror stories from people that have done it as well as from some employees at the park.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:40 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
We were there for eight days ending the 12th. The genie + fast pass system is terrible and contributes to it feeling even more busy than normal. We didn’t use it our first two days but realized we had no choice if our 20 month old was going to be able to do anything besides get cranky in lines. And yes, the merchandise selection was awful, both in quality and quantity for all ages, but there was essentially nothing for young kids or toddlers, whether clothes or toys.

We had been wanting to go at Christmas but that was the most disappointing for us. It didn’t really add to the fun as it was hard to actually just admire decorations or scenery with giant crowds. It didn’t help that my wife couldn’t find any Christmas ears and in general the Christmas souvenir supply wasn’t good at all. I think we would actually just prefer the Disney music in the background like normal. The Epcot Christmas concert was good though.

I liked the new Epcot night show but the new Magic Kingdom show is just okay and the old one was much better.
We were actually there at the same time as you. I agree that Magic Kingdom was packed silly and it wasn't worth going to.

But we walked onto every ride we wanted to at EPCOT and Animal Kingdom save for Rise, Everest, Pandora and Slinky rides. Actually rode Soarin 3 times and didn't have but a 10 minute wait at the most.

The night show that was projected onto the Chinese Theater in Hollywood Studios was great. As was the light show and music that played on the EPCOT ball. The light show at the end of the night was enjoyable, but the Candlelight Procession was the best for me. There was one gal in the Cast Member choir whose voice you could hear above all was dynamite. Man...she could shatter glass.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 05:45 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:

Where did you guys stay? We were at the All Star Music in one of the refurbished rooms with the Murphy bed.

The downside of the stay....I felt I needed a Golf Cart to get to my room every night...man they stuck us at the furthest point from the Main building.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:09 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
The only day that might be worse is New Year’s Eve. I’ve never done it, but I have heard horror stories from people that have done it as well as from some employees at the park.
Who the fuck would want to go to Disney World on New Years Eve? I don't get it.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 78
« First < 20606667686970 71727374 > Last »
Up