ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Some things about The Bengals game...
Chris Meck 06:45 PM 12-04-2022
Boy that smarts. Can y'all stop calling them frauds now? They've beaten us three times in 13 months.

1. The pass rush was inexcusable. They doubled Jones all game and nobody else could get home. That's a recipe for disaster against Burrow, who, in my estimation is QB2 in the NFL. Yes, I'd absolutely take him over Josh Allen.

2. Chase looked like the same old Chase to me. He's pretty much a cheat code, especially if he's allowed to push off every down.

3. Kelce's fumble was a killer. He's won plenty of games for us with his heroics, so let's not belabor the fact, but that was a really bad moment.

4. I know everyone is frustrated with the defense, but for the most part it was poor execution, not schematic-especially in the second half. Coordinators coordinate, coaches coach, but players have to make plays. They didn't make enough of them. Period.

5. Wylie blows goats.

6. OBJ sure didn't help his case today.

7. We sure missed Thuney in there. I would think that the main reason they're still trotting out Wylie is that they don't want to have TWO new OL in there.

8. Mahomes just flat missed Mckinnon in the flat. Easy first down. I would not trade Mahomes for anything, but it is frustrating that he has this tendency. Just take the easy yards, man!

9. I love Pacheco. That's it. Just wanted to say that. We should have stuck with the run. It was working.

10. The silver lining? Well, it's a well worn saying that you learn more from failure than success. The Chiefs had plenty of opportunities to win this one; make any one of half a dozen 'oops' plays and they do. But perhaps this loss underlines some ongoing issues, and will usher in some changes. I'd rather lose this one now, if it makes them better later on.

Did I mention that Wylie blows goats?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:41 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
The addition of Hardman and Toney isn't some magical fix folks. The Chiefs had what? like 1 punt?

The offense played very well, and we run the ball down their throats.

This game was lost by a stupid Kelce fumble and a DLINE who couldn't get ANY pressure on Burrow all game long against what once was not too long ago the WORST Oline in the entire league. Our DLine failed us.
Well, it's not even close to the worst OL now, so who cares about before?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:43 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by ILikeBigTiddys:
Probably Raiders
Yep. Raiders game will not be a gimme. And it could be an important game for both teams.

Why people act like KC should roll the Raiders on the road is beyond me. That's a much better team than their record.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:44 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
We have a baffling loss every once in a while.

It wouldn't shock me if the team we shit on at will pulls a rabbit out of the hat. We were a freak fumble recovery for a TD away from losing to them last year.
But that never happens to the other teams? You expect Buffalo to win out and everyone else to take care of business and KC to fuck it up even though ALL the evidence the last 4 years says otherwise?

Alrighty.
[Reply]
notorious 09:45 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
But that never happens to the other teams? You expect Buffalo to win out and everyone else to take care of business and KC to **** it up even though ALL the evidence the last 4 years says otherwise?

Alrighty.
I didn't say it doesn't happen to other teams.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:48 AM 12-05-2022
Considering Mahomes is something like 27-2 in the past few seasons in Nov/Dec/Jan regular season games and both losses were to the Bengals, notbsure why we'd predict a bad loss. And IIRC, the only other one going back to like 2019 was to the Titans.

They've obviously had some surprises no one saw coming, like the 2nd half of the AFCCG, but losing yesterday doesn't mean shit for running the table against that dumpster fire list of teams.
[Reply]
TLO 09:58 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That loss sucks balls, especially with the lead and the ball in the 4th quarter to piss it away.

But we are where we have been the last few years. Top of the pack right there with Buffalo with an easy schedule to finish.

Buffalo is going to lose a game or two. Hell Buffalo and Cincy play first week of January.

Win out and sit back and we should have the #1 seed.
It's the nature of this part of the season but I hate scoreboard watching. I'd feel a lot more comfortable controlling our own destiny.

The Bills SHOULD lose at least 1 more game.
The Chiefs SHOULD run the table.

The AFC Playoffs are going to be a dogfight, regardless of where we are seeded.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:00 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
It's the nature of this part of the season but I hate scoreboard watching. I'd feel a lot more comfortable controlling our own destiny.

The Bills SHOULD lose at least 1 more game.
The Chiefs SHOULD run the table.

The AFC Playoffs are going to be a dogfight, regardless of where we are seeded.
Should can be a BIG word.

I can see dropping 1 to a team like the Raiders at the end of the season. I'd be okay with 13-4. But feel like we will be going into the playoffs with a 16-1 offense paired with a 9-8 defense.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:01 AM 12-05-2022
We need a new voice on D and some players that are mean. Other defensive players seem to always make sure they hit every tackle with the intention of making sure the opposing offensive player has the hit in his mind the next time.

Chiefs D barely hits them hard enough to tackle them and it shows.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:15 AM 12-05-2022
Good writeup Meck. Hard to disagree with much.

I fucking hate losing, but I'm strangely fine, here. Mahomes has calmed a shitload of my anxiety.

Here's the thing, I'm under no dumbass idea that we need to win the super bowl every year. I have to park that side of my brain, because it isn't happening. Even Brady who cheated incessantly, was the NFL darling, and invariably got a shitton of calls because large market and they had a 10 year drought. It will suck, but we're going to miss some super bowls. But my objective is to enjoy Mahomes, and if we accomplish shit, enjoy that too, because Mahomes is the best there has ever been. I'm here to enjoy it.

Viewing the world from that perspective, yeah this one sucked, but I'm strangely fine. Don't get me wrong we needed this one. Needed it for seeding. Really needed the bye. Needed it for our confidence, just to know we could house them. There's no hiding it. We needed it and they took it from us.

But here's the thing, this one falls into the margins of "football". If you look at these teams on paper and their performance, they're good. If you line these up 100 times it's probably 60/40 Chiefs I'd guess. Maybe 50/50 in Cinci. We lost this one, and they played well. They were ready. They played well largely. Couple shit ref calls, a couple missed reads, couple dumbass plays, probably 10-15 plays that went their way that could have flipped the game.

But they had a few too. If we pulled it out, their message boards sound like ours. "Why didn't we run Perine more?" "Catch the MOTHERFUCKING BALL." "OL played well enough to win" "Our DL sucks, why can't we get to Mahomes" "Who is this Pacheco motherfucker, we suck so much if we're going to let a JAG run all over us?" "WTF was Joe doing on that fucking pick?" "Refs won't call holding." "Their DBs are holding all day long."

So longwinded way of saying that it is a close game of 2 teams that are close to each other.

And that's fine with me. It isn't great that both the top of the AFC teams beat us. But similar deal. Buffalo BLEW US OUT last year and we beat them in the playoffs. The inexplicable shit pisses me off way more, like the buttfucking Colts game. If we line up 100 times with the Colts, no way they win more than 10 of those matchups, right? MAYBE 5. Those pisses me right the fuck off more than this one.

Sometimes you don't get the bounces. But we're right there with them. And that's about all I can ask. And is it the worst thing in the world to potentially have to go rip these cunts souls out in their place in the playoffs?

It sucks, we have shit to fix, but we aren't winning them all. I'm here for the Mahomes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:19 AM 12-05-2022
It's almost like....we're starting a bunch of rookies on that defense. Anyone who didn't think that this year was a retooling year and was going to be a little more tough....wasn't being honest with themselves.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It's almost like....we're starting a bunch of rookies on that defense. Anyone who didn't think that this year was a retooling year and was going to be a little more tough....wasn't being honest with themselves.
It's week 13. Enough with the rookie shit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:21 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
We need a new voice on D and some players that are mean. Other defensive players seem to always make sure they hit every tackle with the intention of making sure the opposing offensive player has the hit in his mind the next time.

Chiefs D barely hits them hard enough to tackle them and it shows.
I’m with you on this. We’ve gone back to being lunch pail. When HB was actually trying he was a terrific leader. We need someone in our back 7 to be our swagger guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:21 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's week 13. Enough with the rookie shit.
Oh fuck off. Our CBs, outside of Sneed and McDuffie, are a 4th round small school pick and a 7th rounder.

If you want to blame anything on this defense...blame the defensive line.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:51 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Have you noticed Reid all season?
I noticed him whiff a couple tackles yesterday. That's about it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:51 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Should can be a BIG word.

I can see dropping 1 to a team like the Raiders at the end of the season. I'd be okay with 13-4. But feel like we will be going into the playoffs with a 16-1 offense paired with a 9-8 defense.
Anyone who thinks KC will get to week 18 against the Raiders with the #1 seed on the line and lose to them needs to get their head examined.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up