ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The NFL is becoming a bit of a joke....
petegz28 09:45 PM 09-25-2022
All this technology to collect stats, provide a great at-home experience, even tell you what the percentage of a catch was, etc., and we still can't get a face mask that everyone watching the game can see?

I am just going to that because it contrasts with a team that is 4th and 15 getting a the ball handed to them with a 1st down because someone said something? And they weren't even arguing. It isn't like Jones went face mask to face mask. But it is like Mahomes had his face mask yanked and the 100 Refs watching the game couldn't see that?

Or the DPI on Kelce in the end zone? Defender all up in him and not even close to turning his head?

Now take this back to 2 years ago when Tom Brady proceeded to chase one of our players across the field, get in his face and yell at him and our player gets the penalty? In the same game we get called for DPI when Brady threw a ball 10 rows into the stands?

Now, I am not saying this happens to just the Chiefs. We have seen this kind of crap happen all over. I could understand the Jones call better if he was getting into Ryan's face or bumping him, etc. These are professional athletes and grown men playing a violent game and you literally handed a team that should have lost, a second chance because of words being exchanged in a very non-confrontational manner?

Makes the game hard to watch when that kind of shit happens. And it seems to always be that the Refs are oblivious to calls everyone else can see yet can make calls everyone else says "what are you calling?"

/rant off
[Reply]
lcarus 07:49 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
100% accurate.

If they had kicked that FG at the end of the half, there's no way Cincy could have come back + Chiefs force OT with another score without going over the spread, and since so much money was on the Chiefs AND on the over...the Chiefs had to go dark.

Why you think they threw that play so far behind the line of scrimmage?

Mahomes is either trolling Vegas or is a terrible fucking actor...

Because there is absolutely no fucking way that I will ever buy that he didn't know how many timeouts they had or what down it was.

If they were trying to score there, 2 things would have happened :

1. They would have thrown into the end zone for one play.

2. Kicked the FG if they didn't score on the quick play into the end zone.

There so was so much fuckery afoot there...

And they were TORCHING the Bengals in the first half, and then all the sudden acted like they'd never seen a football before in the second half...until they HAD to score to force OT, when they scored at will.

And then the first pass in OT, when Tyreek literally volleyed the ball into the air and it was intercepted 13 seconds into the OT period...

And you all DON'T think it's rigged?
Just like the regular season game they played against the Bengals a month prior. They were torching them in the first half. They got that kick return TD by Pringle before halftime and if they let it stand, the Bengals really had little shot to come back. So of course they had to call holding. Not to mention all the other fuckery that went on in that game.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:53 AM 09-29-2022
Exactly.

It's sports entertainment.

The drama, the spectacle...hell, where they gonna play? Will the NFL even let them play? (Well, maybe Mike Evans, but certainly not Willie Gay)

Are you NOT entertained?
The show must go on...

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:56 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
players are asked to go medieval during the play, and as soon as they hear the whistle, turn into brits at a sunday tea party.

Joke.
Doesn't count if you're Tom Brady.

You can be the biggest asshole on the field, yelling and screaming obscenities at people, instigating fights, etc. and 'The Refs' won't dare pull that orange from their belt because it's Tom Terrific.

Different rules for different fools.

Whether or not that's a league mandate or just a personal ref thing, I don't know, but there's so much video evidence at this point that it can't be ignored. It's honestly why most people (outside of TB and NE) hate Tom Brady. He doesn't get held to the same standard as everyone else and that's infuriating if he doesn't happen to be a member of your team. Not that I would want his old corrupt scrawny ass on our team anyway.

Fuck him and the bullshit refs that prop him up.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:59 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

You can be the biggest asshole on the field, yelling and screaming obscenities at people, instigating fights, etc. and 'The Refs' won't dare pull that orange from their belt because it's Tom Terrific.

Whether or not that's a league mandate or just a personal ref thing, I don't know, but there's so much video evidence at this point that it can't be ignored. It's honestly why most people (outside of TB and NE) hate Tom Brady. He doesn't get held to the same standard as everyone else and that's infuriating if he doesn't happen to be a member of your team. Not that I would want his old corrupt scrawny ass on our team anyway.

I think me and my new neighbor will get along just fine.

You'd probably like him too :

Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:33 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

All that matters really is that Clark Hunt and the rest of the owners haven't solved the problem. They don't see it as a problem, it's all part of the entertainment production they've bought into. For all the "there are bad/missed/arbitrary/ticky-tack calls in every game", the owners are the ones setting up the rules for their league, and then either sitting on their hands or being ignored when they have something that's so obviously skewed like this go unaddressed.

So they're not saying what he said, allowing some to think it must have been purely demonic (even though Ryan didn't react), but more than likely it was just an official who decided to do his part to adjust the game based on some nothingburger trash-talk that happens on every play. Jones said something, that's all the official needed to do what he intended to do, influence the game.

It is what it is, and if the owner and HC aren't willing to step-up and say anything other than the league's party line, there's nothing the fans can do.

This will happen many more times this year, not just to us, but to many teams.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:37 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
All that matters really is that Clark Hunt and the rest of the owners haven't solved the problem. For all the "there are bad/missed/arbitrary/ticky-tack calls in every game, the owners are the ones setting up the rules for their league, and then either sitting on their hands or being ignored when they have something that's so obviously skewed like this go unaddressed.

So they're not saying what he said, allowing some to think it must have been purely demonic (even though Ryan didn't react), but more than likely it was just an official who decided to do his part to adjust the game.

It is what it is, and if the owner and HC aren't willing to step-up and say anything other than the league's party line, there's nothing the fans can do.

This will happen many more times this year, not just to us, but to many teams.
They don't say/do anything about it because money.

Just shut the fuck up and take the money.

Just a cog in the wheel turning the machine...

Just take the money.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:07 AM 09-29-2022

Just take the money.
Up-thumb... That's exactly how it works...
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:20 AM 09-29-2022

Just take the money.
Yep.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:30 AM 09-29-2022
If anyone believes that officials don't have a bias or dislike coaches/players/staff on a certain team so they do everything in their power to fuck them over needs to watch Untold: Flagrant Foul on Netflix.

p tom figuratively hangs out with the officials so he gets every favorable call.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:31 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
If anyone believes that officials don't have a bias or dislike coaches/players/staff on a certain team so they do everything in their power to fuck them over needs to watch Untold: Flagrant Foul on Netflix.

p tom figuratively hangs out with the officials so he gets every favorable call.
There's a whole lot more to it than that.

There's an agenda.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:33 AM 09-29-2022

Just like Manning(s) did. It's something Patrick needs to try a few times. Just to expose the hypocrisy in the ranks of NFL officials.

Didn't I hear that many NFL teams have scouting teams for officials, so they know better how to prepare for each squads particular ways (biases)?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:42 AM 09-29-2022
There's a whole lot more to it than that.

There's an agenda.
Especially now that the NFL is balls deep in the legal gambling pot. I trust nothing is on the up and up.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:44 AM 09-29-2022
Especially now that the NFL is balls deep in the legal gambling pot. I trust nothing is on the up and up.
I'd say that's a safe assumption at this point.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:46 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Just like Manning(s) did. It's something Patrick needs to try a few times. Just to expose the hypocrisy in the ranks of NFL officials.

Didn't I hear that many NFL teams have scouting teams for officials, so they know better how to prepare for each squads particular ways (biases)?
They won’t let him in their club, NFL is racist.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:00 PM 09-29-2022

[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up