depends on who he is looking at....He is trying to get a playa not a stop gap
[Reply]
-King- 05:35 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
depends on who he is looking at....He is trying to get a playa not a stop gap
It's May. That's all there is.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:38 PM 05-15-2022
Its a possibility that there might be some players shake loose closer to training camp that he wants to be locked and loaded for....having Cap money is never a bad thing
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:46 PM 05-15-2022
BVret Veach can find nme at my home and we will fight
[Reply]
Palangi 06:43 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
BVret Veach can find nme at my home and we will fight
Holy hell, have another one. :-)
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:47 PM 05-15-2022
That's it, boys, that's the run. Hate to see this. Chiefs in 2023 with a vengeance!
[Reply]
BossChief 06:15 PM 05-15-2022
Watch Veach mastery as he profits a 4th or 5th round pick by tagging Ingram and goes out and upgrades the position.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:45 PM 05-15-2022
So the DL is a ‘priority’ yet will essentially be the same as it was last season with a rookie Karlaftis replacing Ingram.

Veach can either trade for Quinn or just acknowledge that he absolutely fucked this DL up. It’s one of the 5-8 worst lines in football. Just complete garbage.

But at least it makes up for being limited by also being paper thin.

Fucking aces work, Brett.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:56 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So the DL is a ‘priority’ yet will essentially be the same as it was last season with a rookie Karlaftis replacing Ingram.

Veach can either trade for Quinn or just acknowledge that he absolutely fucked this DL up. It’s one of the 5-8 worst lines in football. Just complete garbage.

But at least it makes up for being limited by also being paper thin.

Fucking aces work, Brett.
So he's locked into doing what he said at the outset of free agency? He isn't allowed to see how the market evolves and pivot to another path?

You're grading the offseason in mid-May and holding him to some comments from a couple months ago. Things change. The market changes. Teams change.

The question of relevance is not solely "Will the Chiefs field a better defensive line next season?" Rather, it's "Are the Chiefs setting themselves up for more success in the future?"

I would much rather have a guy who reads the room and makes the right decisions for the future rather than someone who feels the need to live up to prior public statement to the detriment of the team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:10 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
So he's locked into doing what he said at the outset of free agency? He isn't allowed to see how the market evolves and pivot to another path?

You're grading the offseason in mid-May and holding him to some comments from a couple months ago. Things change. The market changes. Teams change.

The question of relevance is not solely "Will the Chiefs field a better defensive line next season?" Rather, it's "Are the Chiefs setting themselves up for more success in the future?"

I would much rather have a guy who reads the room and makes the right decisions for the future rather than someone who feels the need to live up to prior public statement to the detriment of the team.
The defensive line is a piece of shit and Veach has passed on literally DOZENS of opportunities to improve it.

So yeah, I think it’s fair to say by May that he’s put himself in a corner.

It’s Quinn or try to win with a POS line at this point. Oh, and if his plan is ‘well maybe my DL coach can just make chicken salad out of chicken shit, that’s a real bad plan.

He didn’t ‘read the room’ as he was letting all these 2nd tier FAs who would absolutely have helped this team sign elsewhere. He simply got out-hustled.

But like I said - always an excuse. I’m sure this was all part of his master plan of taking the DL that was EASILY this teams Achilles heel last year and effectively treading water. 5D fucking chess, lads…
[Reply]
BossChief 07:14 PM 05-15-2022
The defensive line is a piece of shit and Veach has passed on literally DOZENS of opportunities to improve it.

It’s Quinn or try to win with a POS line at this point. Oh, and if his plan is ‘well maybe my DL coach can just make chicken salad out of chicken shit, that’s a real bad plan.
If Veach is trusting the new DL coach and improvement from Clark as how we’re going to improve at DL, that’s not ideal. For sure. It’s mid May, though. Give him time to make moves.

If he decides to sign Clowney or trade for a DE like Quinn, we will be improved greatly on the DL and will have an extra pick in a great draft class to work with next year.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:48 PM 05-15-2022
:-)

He didn’t ‘read the room’ as he was letting all these 2nd tier FAs who would absolutely have helped this team sign elsewhere. He simply got out-hustled.

But like I said - always an excuse. I’m sure this was all part of his master plan of taking the DL that was EASILY this teams Achilles heel last year and effectively treading water. 5D ****ing chess, lads…
I think you need to come to terms with the fact that the entire defense minus Jones, the 2 backers, Sneed, Fenton and Ward (now gone) was a giant piece of shit.

Yes the DL was not good. But guess what? The entire secondary was a disaster heading into FA.

Matheiu-old and washed
Sorenson-old and washed
Thornhill-benched and kept making significant mistakes
Neimann-terrible
Hughes-terrible
Baker-terrible
Okafor-terrible
Frank-terrible

Lot of folks are gonna be upset that this isn’t a SB year for us. They’ll probably say we’re wasting a Mahomes year. It’s a reloading year gentlemen. This defense was never gonna be fixed in one offseason.

It’s gonna take 2 to fix this thing. But we’ll be back in 2023 and it’s gonna be fun. We’ll have money for FA and extra draft picks.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:56 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think you need to come to terms with the fact that the entire defense minus Jones, the 2 backers, Sneed, Fenton and Ward (now gone) was a giant piece of shit.

Yes the DL was not good. But guess what? The entire secondary was a disaster heading into FA.

Matheiu-old and washed
Sorenson-old and washed
Thornhill-benched and kept making significant mistakes
Neimann-terrible
Hughes-terrible
Baker-terrible
Okafor-terrible
Frank-terrible

Lot of folks are gonna be upset that this isn’t a SB year for us. They’ll probably say we’re wasting a Mahomes year. It’s a reloading year gentlemen. This defense was never gonna be fixed in one offseason.

It’s gonna take 2 to fix this thing. But we’ll be back in 2023 and it’s gonna be fun. We’ll have money for FA and extra draft picks.

This defense was competent last year almost exclusively against poor QBs. And the problem wasn’t entirely the pass rush.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 25
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up