ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We are hands down a better team, and you all know it.
synthesis2 11:26 PM 12-04-2022
Look when they say a team wins XYZ% of the time it takes all the players etc into effect

Every time the Chiefs Play the Bungels over the last 3 meetings I get it, we didn't come out on top but it does not mean they are the better team, it just means they won that game.

Example, based on the Chiefs having a much better QB ( I get Burrow is ok but he has always had great WR, their number #3 is our number #1) and our Oline better, better defense, better TE, we are a far superior team.

Look I think we win 65% of the time on all of those last three meetings, but that means the other team wins 35% of the time, they rolled the dice and rolled a 1-35, it is what it is, their are upsets that happen all the time in football and underdogs winning when they had no business doing so.

The Ravens beat the Donkeys who are absolutely awful by 1 point 10 to 9. I mean this is like a loss losing to the Broncos by so little. These kind of things happen, I think the Bengals just miss the playoffs or barely sneak in and get bounced in the first round. But they are a quality team, we just got the 1-35 roll, it happens, its football, we are much better, we are going to be hosting the AFC championship game again, etc etc.

I wished we rolled the 36-100 on the dice but it didn't happen, its all good, in the remaining games we should be 90% or higher percentage winners, our odds of going all the way are really high. Proud of the guys today, Kelce does not fumble its over today, stuff just happens.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:33 AM 12-05-2022
Right now, head to head they are the better team until we show its not.

Sure the best team doesn't always win!, but 3 out of 3 is a good start to claiming who the better team is
[Reply]
synthesis2 11:41 AM 12-05-2022
Look guys I do t think you are getting where I’m coming from . Yes we have lost to the Bungels 3 times ina row but less than a TD. Yes it’s sucks etc etc but they don’t have a better team than us and when I see Burrow play I certainly dont see a top 3 QB, is he top 15 , sure but not top3 and it’s not close .

Do they have 3 Really good WR? Yes their 3 is better than our 1 so their talent around the QB is pretty amazing , I think their RB is better than mixon as well.

Again look at who the Bungels have played and their losses , they are a “B” team , chiefs are much better but like I said before you play the game 100 times we win 65 times , they win 35 times we have just been on the unlucky side of the dice the last three meetings.

The only time games are true “devastating” is when you are 85% or higher rated to win vs not

65% is a favored team but can still lose
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:01 PM 12-05-2022
I agree we are better in general as we have the better QB and coach who more frequently perform higher. But that really doesn’t matter. When we play them and the Bills those teams are both better than us. Their deficit at QB is minimized and overcome because they make us play much worst than we make them play. And that’s all that matters come playoff time, is how we play each other.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:11 PM 12-05-2022
It’s hard to figure how Cincy can have so much success with their rush 3, drop 8 approach on defense and yet the Chiefs can’t replicate that same success on defense vs their offense.

Is Cincy’s defensive line that much better than KC’s? I know they have better edge rushers, but no player of Chris Jones’ caliber.

Their offensive line certainly isn’t better than the Chiefs’ offensive line.
[Reply]
notorious 12:15 PM 12-05-2022
The Bengals are 9-6 outside of the games against the Chiefs since week 16 last year.

You can't make this shit up. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 12:17 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It’s hard to figure how Cincy can have so much success with their rush 3, drop 8 approach on defense and yet the Chiefs can’t replicate that same success on defense vs their offense.

Is Cincy’s defensive line that much better than KC’s? I know they have better edge rushers, but no player of Chris Jones’ caliber.

Their offensive line certainly isn’t better than the Chiefs’ offensive line.
They pound the ball and stick with it.

They also don't turn it over.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:19 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Bengals are 9-6 outside of the games against the Chiefs since week 16 last year.

You can't make this shit up. :-)
They are 0-3 vs Cleveland since last year, including two blow out losses.

Burrow was sacked 5 times in their game vs Cleveland this year, but the Chiefs defensive line can’t get him to the ground.

JFC.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:23 PM 12-05-2022

Burrow was sacked 5 times in their game vs Cleveland this year, but the Chiefs defensive line can’t get him to the ground.

JFC.
To be fair, Myles Garrett is better than any defender we have and Cleveland is 100% content to run it 40 times.
[Reply]
tk13 12:34 PM 12-05-2022
My worry has never been about being the better team, from the very first meeting last year it's that their strengths match up really well with our weaknesses, and we just don't adjust to fix it. They have 3 legit 1000 yard WRs who can beat man coverage (and Boyd is a great zone breaker as we saw yesterday) and on defense they can play that safe zone coverage with a 3 or 4 man rush really well. Their defense isn't considered as good as Buffalo but they probably slow us down more than BUF does.

At this point it's really not about being a better team, we do have more big wins, a better record and a better resume than them the last couple years. It's just the things they do really well can hurt us. The question is do we actually need to adjust to things like running the ball more, or playing less man 1-on-1 defense? I think that's the question and I don't know the answer.

The approach has been we are the better team, we're going to impose our will and do what we do best, and if we're the Death Star they basically find our weakness every time and hit us with it until we blow up. Can we finally play our game and execute it well enough to take them out?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:42 PM 12-05-2022
The Chiefs are not as good as in 2019/2020. Meanwhile, the top teams in the AFC are better than back then. In those playoffs, we faced the Texans/Titans, followed by the Browns/Bills. The current version of the Bills and Bengals are far better than those teams. The QB play especially from Burrow/Allen is way better than our Super Bowl year(s) opponents QBs. Hence we're not head and shoulders above the rest.

We can still win the AFC, but our tackles cannot shit the bed and our pass rush cannot disappear. Otherwise, it'll be a dogfight.

Most people approached this as a transitional season. The 9-2 start exceeded expectations. We should have more cap space going forward to improve this team in future years.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:42 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Yeah it was fucking miraculous. They fell behind 24-0 in the playoffs after shitting down their leg for an entire quarter. Primarily thanks to a failed fake punt and a fumbled kickoff return in the same quarter (and the incompetence of BOB), the Chiefs got right back in the game. You act as if that's a common occurrence.
Mahomes and this offense do uncommon things. That's why they win a ton of games despite never having an above average defense.

They fell way behind and still won the game easily. This is just stupid.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:44 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Well we'll get to see in week 17 when Buffalo goes to Cincinnati.
Should be interesting as I doubt Cincy drops 8 into coverage. Allen is a runner and a bulldozer and will make them pay for that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:45 PM 12-05-2022

JFC.
Burrow is 0-4 against the Browns in his career lol

Makes me feel better about Mahomes being 0-3 against the Bengals.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:46 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Except Burrow isn’t meeting the Browns in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:53 PM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Would be nice to have Myles Garrett, wouldn't it?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up