ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Loki Trailer
DaneMcCloud 12:15 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Exactly. Both were huge busts, but I think Loki will be good
Hey Moron, would you like to explain to us why Disney+ added nearly 10 million new subscribers in Q1 2021 after the debut of WandaVision, despite the fact that it was, and I quote "a huge bust"?

You're nothing less than a drooling Mongoloid.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:57 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Exactly. Both were huge busts, but I think Loki will be good
Thanks for all of the Downvotes, you motherfucking piece of human garbage.

You can't counter a single word I've said so instead, you act like a fucking crybaby.

You're a fucking loser. LOSER.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:57 PM 06-12-2021
:-) Boog out
[Reply]
Sorce 02:17 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I wonder if part of that is due to releasing on a weekday where a lot of people don't have plans and have to work the next day vs Friday which is when people tend to go out and do stuff.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:54 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
I wonder if part of that is due to releasing on a weekday where a lot of people don't have plans and have to work the next day vs Friday which is when people tend to go out and do stuff.
Disney+ moved Loki to Wednesday because the California is opening up June 15th and they didn’t want the series to compete with their upcoming movie release slate.

In short, you are correct: Disney didn’t want people to stay home on Friday night to watch Loki instead of going to the theater to see Black Widow, Luca, etc.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 PM 06-10-2021
Loved this first episode.

I think this will be the best of the 3 MCU shows for sure. So much potential and Loki is just a better character than Wanda, Vision, Bucky, and Sam.
[Reply]
Fish 09:09 PM 06-11-2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:37 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Apparently, Infinity Stones/Gems only have power in their own universe, so you can't take a stone from one universe and expect it to work in another.

Michael Waldron, the showrunner and screenwriter, who also wrote the upcoming Dr. Strange 2, has been doing a lot of interviews this week and it's almost as if he's rewritten the rules of time travel and the multiverse overnight.
[Reply]
Fish 09:42 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Apparently, Infinity Stones/Gems only have power in their own universe, so you can't take a stone from one universe and expect it to work in another.

Michael Waldron, the showrunner and screenwriter, who also wrote the upcoming Dr. Strange 2, has been doing a lot of interviews this week and it's almost as if he's rewritten the rules of time travel and the multiverse overnight.
Yeah, but that ruins my joke. Thanks, jerk.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:43 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, but that ruins my joke. Thanks, jerk.
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 01:53 AM 06-12-2021

Shades of Secret Wars 2015 when T'Challa wielded an Infinity Gauntlet. In that story, God Emperor Doom saved pieces of the collapsing multiverse and created a world from the pieces called Battleworld. Infinity Gauntlets could only work inside the barriers of their own realities of the patchwork world, and Black Panther managed to find the Gauntlet belonging to Doom's part of the saved reality to challenge him.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:50 AM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Shades of Secret Wars 2015 when T'Challa wielded an Infinity Gauntlet. In that story, God Emperor Doom saved pieces of the collapsing multiverse and created a world from the pieces called Battleworld. Infinity Gauntlets could only work inside the barriers of their own realities of the patchwork world, and Black Panther managed to find the Gauntlet belonging to Doom's part of the saved reality to challenge him
It’s looking more and more like Secret Wars is going to happen...
[Reply]
unlurking 08:46 PM 06-12-2021
To be fair, I only have Disney because it was a $1 bundle with Hulu. For me (no kids and don't rewatch Star Wars / Marvel), the service wouldn't be worth more than that. One show a week is pretty abysmal new content.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:00 PM 06-12-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
To be fair, I only have Disney because it was a $1 bundle with Hulu. For me (no kids and don't rewatch Star Wars / Marvel), the service wouldn't be worth more than that. One show a week is pretty abysmal new content.
You're not counted in their subscriber base, so when Disney says they have 105 million subscribers, that number refers to actual paying subscribers and not people that are receiving it from a 3rd party. If that number was included, it would be closer to 150 million.

In my household, Disney+ is the #1 used app, from Star Wars to Marvel to Mickey Mouse, High School Musical, Pixar, etc. and so on. While we have Showtime, Starz, HBO, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime, those are accessed a fraction of the time compared to Disney+.

Additionally, there is an absolute ton of content coming down the pike. The fact that Hollywood had been shutdown for more than a year really affected the output. The same is happening across the board, from CBS to NBC, ABC, Fox, Netflix, Amazon and so on.

Things won't be back to "normal" until late 2022.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:30 AM 06-14-2021
You're not counted in their subscriber base, so when Disney says they have 105 million subscribers, that number refers to actual paying subscribers and not people that are receiving it from a 3rd party. If that number was included, it would be closer to 150 million.

In my household, Disney+ is the #1 used app, from Star Wars to Marvel to Mickey Mouse, High School Musical, Pixar, etc. and so on. While we have Showtime, Starz, HBO, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime, those are accessed a fraction of the time compared to Disney+.

Additionally, there is an absolute ton of content coming down the pike. The fact that Hollywood had been shutdown for more than a year really affected the output. The same is happening across the board, from CBS to NBC, ABC, Fox, Netflix, Amazon and so on.

Things won't be back to "normal" until late 2022.

Well that's good to here. Both that they're not inflating numbers and that some new content is coming out.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up