ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**Happy Juneteenth**
Rasputin 06:53 AM 06-19-2024
What are you doing to celebrate this new Federal holiday?

What's on the dinner menu?

Did you get the day off or got to work and collect holiday pay?

Happy Juneteenth :-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
threebag 11:55 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So saying Angel Reese should "dribble a watermelon basket ball" of which he posted a picture of one is a "joke"?? Feck off :-)
We all know he couldn’t say “shoot a …”. She sucks and whines like LeBron
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:55 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Yup.

The reparations are the 300,000 dead Union soldiers.
Clearly that doesn't mean a damn thing.

One one side you get the argument that the Civil War was mainly and almost totally about slavery, then you are told that's not what those white Union soldiers died for.
[Reply]
loochy 11:56 AM 06-19-2024
So saying Angel Reese should "dribble a watermelon basket ball" of which he posted a picture of one is a "joke"?? Feck off :-)

Of course it was a joke. Nobody could actually dribble a watermelon, silly! It would go kersplat on the hardwood.
[Reply]
nychief 11:57 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Labor Day, sure.

Columbus Day, no. We aren't here without Columbus' expedition. It changed the world forever.
You'd be working a 7 day week for nothing without organized labor, not for nothing.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wait so you think he was serious?
He literally explained an obvious joke :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:58 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
You'd be working a 7 day week for nothing without organized labor, not for nothing.
No you wouldn't. Not in this day and age of competition for workers. Another topic for another thread though.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:59 AM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
No you wouldn't. Not in this day and age of competition for workers.
It was never seven days a week, anyway.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:00 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by nychief:
We wouldn't need organized labor if there were still people involuntarily working for free.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:03 PM 06-19-2024
So the descendents of slaves have no right to have this day celebrated?? Smh the sad thing is though the folks of America never changed their devilish ways even after this day was achieved. The majority remained as evil as ever.
What devilsih ways are you speaking of exactly? My ancestors came over from Italy and Ireland without a cent to their names well after slavery was abolished and never owned a slave in their lives, and the majority of Americans alive today can probably say the same. Hell, I probably have ancestors from Ireland who were slaves themselves.

They certainly have every right to celebrate, but don't start with this race baiting bullshit. Most of us are 4th & 5th generation American mutts who had nothing to do with that era.
[Reply]
tooge 12:05 PM 06-19-2024
So the descendents of slaves have no right to have this day celebrated?? Smh the sad thing is though the folks of America never changed their devilish ways even after this day was achieved. The majority remained as evil as ever.
I didn't say that. Anyone has the right to celebrate whatever the hell they want to. It's a free country. My point is that you weren't a slave. People whos ancestors weren't even in the US until after slavery was abolished weren't slaves. Yet they celebrate the freedom of slaves. Cool bro! LOL. I suppose us white folks from the north should be celebrating Juneteenth also since we lost so many ancestors freeing the slaves? You celebrate whatever the hell you want man. Good on you. I'm sure I'd celebrate Juneteenth if one of my relatives was a freed slave too. Thing is, most who celebrate aren't.
[Reply]
scho63 12:09 PM 06-19-2024
I'm gonna go to Chicago and fire some guns in celebration.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:18 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
This thread needs more culture.

I knew I'd seen that name somewhere before :-)

NSFW language

[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:19 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by tooge:
I didn't say that. Anyone has the right to celebrate whatever the hell they want to. It's a free country. My point is that you weren't a slave. People whos ancestors weren't even in the US until after slavery was abolished weren't slaves. Yet they celebrate the freedom of slaves. Cool bro! LOL. I suppose us white folks from the north should be celebrating Juneteenth also since we lost so many ancestors freeing the slaves? You celebrate whatever the hell you want man. Good on you. I'm sure I'd celebrate Juneteenth if one of my relatives was a freed slave too. Thing is, most who celebrate aren't.

It's not that hard its all AMERICAN HISTORY....go ahead and throw something on the grill today
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:20 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I knew I'd seen that name somewhere before :-)

NSFW language

:-)
[Reply]
tooge 12:46 PM 06-19-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-) Well I think slavery was a pretty shitty thing, so the ending of that practice here is worthy of celebration and remembrance.
I don't disagree. I saw a woman of color on X today say, and I'm paraphrasing, "just to clear this up, Juneteeth is for black people. Y'all have the 4th of July. Just want to make that clear"

So, if it's just to celebrate the end of an ugly institution in our past, then yes, lets all celebrate it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up