ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Justice Department sues Ticketmaster and owner Live Nation, alleging illegal monopoly
Bearcat 09:26 AM 05-23-2024
Thanks, Taylor!

BREAKING: Justice Department sues Ticketmaster and owner Live Nation, alleging an illegal monopoly over live events in the U.S. https://t.co/yMlRYo0WqR

— The Associated Press (@AP) May 23, 2024

Originally Posted by :
“We allege that Live Nation relies on unlawful, anticompetitive conduct to exercise its monopolistic control over the live events industry in the United States at the cost of fans, artists, smaller promoters, and venue operators,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement. “The result is that fans pay more in fees, artists have fewer opportunities to play concerts, smaller promoters get squeezed out, and venues have fewer real choices for ticketing services. It is time to break up Live Nation-Ticketmaster.”

[Reply]
scho63 06:59 AM 05-24-2024
I'll also make a prediction:

IF they succeed in breaking up Live Nation and TicketMaster, within 5-10 years the combined market share and control of the market from the two entities will be much greater than today.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:34 AM 05-24-2024
Just spent $100 in ticket fees for myself
[Reply]
Katipan 08:52 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I would love to know how many of supporters of the Justice Department going after Ticketmaster use Uber Eats or DoorDash.
There are many competitors for both.
[Reply]
scho63 08:52 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How many tickets and what was the base price of the tickets?
[Reply]
scho63 08:53 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
There are many competitors for both.
Door dash has 66% of the market and Ticketmaster 70%.

You want to update your statement?
[Reply]
scho63 08:54 AM 05-24-2024
Door Dash and Uber fees as a percentage are much higher.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:54 AM 05-24-2024
Door dash has 66% of the market and Ticketmaster 70%.

You want to update your statement?
That has nothing to do with the presence of competitors, so, no.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:02 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Enjoy your complementary box of Barefoot Moscato!
[Reply]
Delano 09:06 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
That has nothing to do with the presence of competitors, so, no.
Or hop in your car and drive to the restaurant. It’s not like food delivery services are mandating businesses only work through them.

Yet another example of schmo doubling down on his awful take. It’s the boomer way.
[Reply]
scho63 09:13 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
Or hop in your car and drive to the restaurant. It’s not like food delivery services are mandating businesses only work through them.

Yet another example of schmo doubling down on his awful take. It’s the boomer way.
You're becoming the dumbest fuck on the board.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:15 AM 05-24-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:

[Reply]
scho63 09:17 AM 05-24-2024
Wow look at me, I can meme.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:25 AM 05-24-2024
It's not a monopoly in legal terms. It's like people arguing that Walmart is a monopoly. You have other choices in the marketplace. Artists have other venues they can choose in a market. You don't have to play Sprint Center - you can play Arrowhead, Kauffman, Sandstone, or even Joe's neighborhood bar. The fees are bullshit and almost racketeering but legally it's okay. I just don't see much of a case legally. Shitty business practices but not much from a legal standpoint.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 AM 05-24-2024
CNBC just had a young idiot DEI hire on to talk about the lawsuit and she couldn't answer any questions about quantifying the damage.

All she did was say "This is the beginning, not the end. There will be discovery."

So once again, a charge seeking a crime.
You want to say black. Just say black.
[Reply]
scho63 09:39 AM 05-24-2024
How about Liberal?
Anti-business?
Woke?
Young female like Lina Khan over at the FTc who hates Amazon?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up