ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 107
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 08:31 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by bevischief:
I was there during the shooting. I had been there since 11pm on Tuesday night. There was multiple shootings in the area. I was about 10 feet from the one right of facing the stage by the NFL setup. There were no problems all night. Also saw the start of lock down of Crown Center parking garage and was stuck in the Western Crown Hotel lock down.
I'm glad to hear you and everyone/anyone else there made it out safe.I can't imagine the anxiety of the unknown situation you must be feeling,i never attend these parades,just too crowded for me.

I don't even own a gun,but i just cant fathom how any of these people thought for a second its ok to just open fire with so many innocent people there.Total reckless abandon and lack of care for other people.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:38 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Fuck that. A couple of gang members start shooting at each other so we cancel all parades? What are we a bunch of wimps? We cower because of a possible threat? Lets just all stay inside and live online and no one ever gets hurt.
If your wife was shot and killed yesterday at the parade, I take it you'd be on here today calling people wimps for bringing up the thought that future events might be at the stadiums instead?

Twenty people getting shot and a couple of them dying isn't just some minor inconvenience that everyone should expect might happen to them at a parade, even if the chances are still relatively small.
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If your wife was shot and killed yesterday at the parade, I take it you'd be on here today calling people wimps for bringing up the thought that future events might be at the stadiums instead?

Twenty people getting shot and a couple of them dying isn't just some minor inconvenience that everyone should expect might happen to them at a parade, even if the chances are still relatively small.
Mother of two.

:-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:42 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I'm glad to hear you and everyone/anyone else there made it out safe.I can't imagine the anxiety of the unknown situation you must be feeling,i never attend these parades,just too crowded for me.

I don't even own a gun,but i just cant fathom how any of these people thought for a second its ok to just open fire with so many innocent people there.Total reckless abandon and lack of care for other people.
You must not be familiar with Gang Bangers. Those guys don’t give a fuck about anything other than money and not being disrespected - they will absolutely kill you and anyone else over both. They couldn’t give a fuck less about innocent bystanders.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:49 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
You must not be familiar with Gang Bangers. Those guys don’t give a **** about anything other than money and not being disrespected - they will absolutely kill you and anyone else over both. They couldn’t give a **** less about innocent bystanders.
Not all gangbangers are like that but yeah there are definitely quite a few w that mentality
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:50 AM 02-15-2024
Everybody grieves in their own way. This is an awful thing and God bless everyone
[Reply]
wazu 08:54 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

I do think it's sad to think that a single incident after 4 recent parades could basically mean we won't ever have them again. Events at the stadiums don't count. The parades have 800K+ people from all walks of life gathering as one KC community and it is a completely different vibe. I've never felt unsafe walking around with my wife and children at these parades. They are a unique and amazing thing to behold. Maybe it's over, though, thanks to the actions of a single asshole.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:55 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Not all gangbangers are like that but yeah there are definitely quite a few w that mentality
I can only attest to what I saw when I lived in Chicago and what my wife dealt with when she taught in Chicago Public Schools. It was not pleasant.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:56 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This stuff really makes me mad. We've got a great football team that really has its act together, and then a few brain-dead wannabe criminals make us fans look like hillbilly morons.

We're not all like that, Chiefs. 99.99 percent of us are awesome people.
I get your point but if someone saw a picture of the suspects in custody, I don't think they're getting a hillbilly vibe. :-)
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:59 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
**** that. A couple of gang members start shooting at each other so we cancel all parades? What are we a bunch of wimps? We cower because of a possible threat? Lets just all stay inside and live online and no one ever gets hurt.
Will be 100% political decision

No Pol will want to have a parade on their watch and have another hoodrat shooting
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:03 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I get your point but if someone saw a picture of the suspects in custody, I don't think they're getting a hillbilly vibe. :-)
Yeah, this wasn’t Billy Bob and his son Junior from Raytown drunkenly shooting up the place with their AR’s. We have rightfully earned a few Camarohead shots at the fans base over the years. But THIS ain’t THAT.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:06 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
The same people are doing the same thing to their own neighborhoods all the time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:12 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I do think it's sad to think that a single incident after 4 recent parades could basically mean we won't ever have them again. Events at the stadiums don't count. The parades have 800K+ people from all walks of life gathering as one KC community and it is a completely different vibe. I've never felt unsafe walking around with my wife and children at these parades. They are a unique and amazing thing to behold. Maybe it's over, though, thanks to the actions of a single asshole.
100%... and I really have no clue what I'd do if it was up to me next year, because we can talk until we're blue in the face about the inherent risk with such events and how this shit happening once in 4 parades doesn't automatically increase that risk in future events and how you could trip down a flight of stairs and break your neck tomorrow... but then again, this stretches beyond those directly impacted to those running for their lives who witnessed it firsthand, those with kids who saw it happen (much less were shot), their families, etc.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:14 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I agree with this. I was friends with a few of them when I lived in Chicago. Some are far more decent than others. One of them likely saved my life after I got in an altercation with a guy who then went home, got his gun and returned intending to shoot me. My buddy was the bouncer at the bar where it happened, was older and senior to the guy, and stopped him. I wasn't even aware of how close I came to getting whacked that night until much later.
[Reply]
notorious 09:15 AM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I agree with this. I was friends with a few of them when I lived in Chicago. Some are far more decent than others. One of them likely saved my life after I got in an altercation with a guy who then went home, got his gun and returned intending to shoot me. My buddy was the bouncer at the bar where it happened, was older and senior to the guy, and stopped him. I wasn't even aware of how close I came to getting whacked that night until much later.
Jesus Fraz, you never told us you met KcNative in person.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 107
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up