ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 378
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Kramerica 08:34 AM 03-27-2023
The lebron discussions here are largely because you won't stop posting about him. Nobody else seems to care nearly as much.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:40 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In fairness it is just 1 person, KCC, who comes in here trolling. What is confusing to me is that he actually has a home town NBA team (Raptors) that he is a fan of but he spends 99% of his time in this thread stanning for Lebron instead of his team.

That would be akin to a Chief fan going into every Chiefs thread saying how much they love and how great Burrow or Allen and never talking Chiefs.

Have some self respect jfc.
Much like the Alexsexuals that frequented the board years ago.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:42 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Holy shit - the "Lebron James of Feet" line was an actual quote from Lebron.

What an unbelievable chode.
I think he suffers from some mental illness. He is just an odd dude.

Most likely his hunt for the white whale that is MJ broke him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Kramerica:
The lebron discussions here are largely because you won't stop posting about him. Nobody else seems to care nearly as much.
Oh, I would disagree. I've posted about other NBA topics in these threads regularly over the years and none of them ever generate a fraction of the discussion that LeBron does.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 AM 03-27-2023
Holy shit - the "Lebron James of Feet" line was an actual quote from Lebron.

What an unbelievable chode.
I didn't even catch that.

But we are talking about somebody who actually refers to himself as "King James" and has "chosen 1" tattooed on his back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I didn't even catch that.

But we are talking about somebody who actually refers to himself as "King James" and has "chosen 1" tattooed on his back.
I had a professor in college - quirky dude who most folks didn't care for but I liked him a lot because he'd absolutely blister me on things I wrote. He once told me "The number of times you have to write that something is 'obvious' is inversely proportionate to just how obvious it is..."

And I'll be damned if he wasn't right. If it's obvious - you really don't have to say that it is.

If you have to constantly remind people of your own greatness, well.....

There's also my favorite John Wayne Quote:

Dean Martin: "I wonder if he's as good as they say he is..."
John Wayne: "I'd say he is. I'd say he's so good he doesn't feel he has to prove it..."

LeBron James of feet. Jesus...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:54 AM 03-27-2023
If you have to constantly remind people of your own greatness, well.....
Like MJ and his team having ESPN do a vanity project in the form of a documentary series for him in 2020 that he retained final cut on?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:57 AM 03-27-2023
The idea that LeBron's ego is somehow unique among such all-time athletes is amusing to me.

They all firmly believe they're the greatest to ever do it. That's part of why guys like him and MJ even reached the ridiculous levels they did.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:57 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Like MJ and his team having ESPN do a vanity project in the form of a documentary series for him in 2020 that he retained final cut on?
Yeah, I'm sure MJ was just out there twisting ESPN's arm on that one...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:01 AM 03-27-2023
Yeah, I'm sure MJ was just out there twisting ESPN's arm on that one...
ESPN was asking him/his agent for years to do it and he finally gave the go ahead conveniently after the LeBron GOAT conversation began starting up post 2016. Gee, I wonder what he was hoping to do out of that decision.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:05 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The idea that LeBron's ego is somehow unique among such all-time athletes is amusing to me.

They all firmly believe they're the greatest to ever do it. That's part of why guys like him and MJ even reached the ridiculous levels they did.
Oh sure.

And every last one of them that refer to themselves in 3rd person or use their friggen name as an adjective get mocked for it. As they should. Doubly so when you're still active or are going around sporting a nickname you gave yourself.

Ego's not a bad thing. But an obsessive insistence on touting your own greatness is just insecurity.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 03-27-2023
I definitely like how King James, who has just been carrying his sad sack teammates his whole career, was more than happy to just shut it down for the rest of the season. Until...

Originally Posted by :
Now we sitting at a chance to be able to — to hell with the Play-In — we actually can be a top-eight seed,” James said. “That definitely changed my mindset on me coming back and trying to be a part of this, obviously...
He got his scoring record took a few games off, played a game and was going to just sit out the rest of the season. That's commitment, man. He's there game in, game out when it comes to running down the scoring record. But once he gets that, suddenly he's Peter Griffin rolling around on the driveway with a bum wheel.

He sees them winning without him so the irreplaceable narrative is slipping. So now he needs to come out there and glom onto their success to see if he can't claim credit as some sort of savior.

But I will give you credit - you knew him well enough that you were in lockstep with his "Fuck the Lakers, they suck so he should just shut it down anyway" school of thought. Y'all are essentially one mind at this point. That's impressive.

He's just so damn transparent.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:18 AM 03-27-2023
Wow. What a fucking pussy. At least he's honest about it, though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:30 AM 03-27-2023
Makes a lot of sense in hindsight though. As soon as Lebron stat whored his way to the record he was content to shut it down for the year. Not having to appease LeGM and Klutch anymore Pelinka pulled off a bevy of moves to significantly unfuck the damage getting into bed with LeGM and Klutch did.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wow. What a fucking pussy. At least he's honest about it, though.
I'd like to think that would be the sort of thing that could get KCC to keep his head down for a couple days.

But instead he'll show up with some justification for it...

And really, how honest did we need him to be anyway? I called as soon as he sat down the game after the record. It was clear what he was doing. Admit it or don't admit it, it really doesn't matter. It was obvious what he was up to.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 378
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up