ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 432
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:57 PM 11-15-2022
SVP just did a “Watch as Dick goes back door”

Tell me that wasn’t intentional
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:01 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Probably not but he did this year when Harris clearly should have. Time to have the ball in the hands of an actual passer/creator and see what happens.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...s#post15639379

This was my final post about Harris in the thread two years ago leading into the championship year comparing him to Garrett.

Who would you propose they play instead? Remy hasn't played in weeks with whatever his issue is and Yesefu has been terrible this year in the minutes he's gotten.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...s#post16154197

And this was my post from last February questioning someone who was bashing Harris about who would play over him.

Let's try to keep the callouts with some kind of basis in reality next time. Harris has his offensive flaws, but they need his defense and decision making.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:06 AM 11-16-2022
You’re begging me to de-pants you on this one bro
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:06 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

I caught that
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:10 AM 11-16-2022
You’re begging me to de-pants you on this one bro
Give it your best shot. You'll find plenty of me knocking Ochai last year and Braun two years ago, but Harris?

[Reply]
Lzen 07:03 AM 11-16-2022
KU shot 10% better than Duke and had 13 more assists, so it would have been a shame to have lost it due to rebounds/loose balls and bad turnovers. Fortunately, their greater experience came through at the end to close it out.

It does look for now like Wilson has taken a bit of a step forward this year. We'll see if he can start making more 3s.
That's what you get when you have an experienced championship team vs a team full of very talented freshmen, I guess. Though, I will add that KU lost a few of those experienced championship players and has a few freshmen of their own. And KU can often times looks a little shaky early in the year. Good win.

And Wilson has definitely taken on the role of leader and scorer.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:08 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Zuby is way better than I expected. The 5 looks really good, at least defensively. Udeh still clearly has the highest upside. We should be able to play good post defense though.
I definitely like what I saw from Ejifor (sp?). He looks like he's gonna be a force for this team.
I like Udeh, too, but he seems a little slow and clueless at times.
And for all the crap that Adams gets, he plays hard, doesn't make many mistakes, and gives the team good energy. And he made some plays down the stretch, offensively and defensively.

It was good to see that 7ft freshman on Duke go down in flames.

Actually, that guy was really good. But a very cocky, very punchable Duke face.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:31 AM 11-16-2022
I’ve often said that Wilson is a better outside shooter than his percentage, but he does need to learn to stop shooting it when it isn’t falling.

If it’s contested, use the shot fake more to drive (which almost always works in college basketball). He’s such an effective driver that he doesn’t need to settle for guarded 3’s.

That alone will improve that percentage.
[Reply]
Monty 07:38 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:

It was good to see that 7ft freshman on Duke go down in flames.

Actually, that guy was really good. But a very cocky, very punchable Duke face.
:-)
[Reply]
PHOG 07:58 AM 11-16-2022
Nice early (in the season) win. :-) Unfortunately I fell asleep until the final 30 seconds. :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:19 AM 11-16-2022
McCullar and JW are *not* good deep shooters. JW wants to flash this for the nba but 0-7 last nite was a drag. And most of them were open anyway. We need a 2nd shooter.

Also we have zero post offense for the first time I can remember jn like, my life. Maybe the 1-2 years circa 1999 of Eric ChenoBitch
[Reply]
Lzen 08:36 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Bilas being a bitch about fouls, showing his colors
Meh, I don't think Bilas was that bad. Maybe a slight bias but overall, he was pretty even keel. Even called out that play at the end should have been a flagrant.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:41 AM 11-16-2022

Lol, no. He would have said that no matter the players name. I mean, he did go back door, right? You guys gotta slow your roll on this. We got a whole season to go. Save some of these, don't use them all up in the first month. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:52 AM 11-16-2022
McCullar and JW are *not* good deep shooters. JW wants to flash this for the nba but 0-7 last nite was a drag. And most of them were open anyway. We need a 2nd shooter.

Also we have zero post offense for the first time I can remember jn like, my life. Maybe the 1-2 years circa 1999 of Eric ChenoBitch
It's been going away for awhile. I remember Cliff Alexander was in the post with like a 6'5 guy behind him on the block that he had to outweigh him by 50+ lb. Got fed an uncontested entry pass, straight up on the block, tiny dude right behind him.

.... And kicked it back out.

FFS, JUST FUCKING TURN AND SHOOT. FUCK.

I think at 6'3 and 30 years old or whatever I was at the time out of shape as fuck, I think I could have scored at least a couple times out of 10 with that post entry. JUST DO SOMETHING. At Cliffs size, whatever he did, if he did it strong it would have worked.

/RANT

-------------

Objectively, though it makes sense. There isn't much of that in the NBA these days. Embiid and Jokic is about it right? At least dudes that are effective.

In college it's Drew Timme and Orlando Bacot right?

The NBA and NCAA games are leaning towards space and shooting.

Plus, even in the lower leagues, the amount of coaches that looked at Hakeem Olajuwon and thought, "I can teach my guy to do that" are probably out of the game these days.

As a guy that appreciates elite post play (like we had when Danny) it saddens me. I LOVE the efficiency of a good post player. But it isn't the game. I also love good movement and spacing and shooting. Basically I love good, technically sound ball.

But I think some coaches are missing the boat with post play. But whatever, if Wilson can play like he did against Puke, the dish/OREB game works for our guys.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:59 AM 11-16-2022

Our post offense is going to be our big wings bullying smaller defenders around the basket.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 432
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up