ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 688 of 4927
« First < 188588638678684685686687688 68969069169269873878811881688 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:35 PM 12-30-2016
The drafts are a lot of hit and miss for most and now that he's gone through half a dozen, hopefully he gets better with time. There are a handful of players that worked out, they're just not in Denver anymore. Jackson and Trevathan were the two biggest losses, two of the best picks - lessons learned the hard way for Elway there, for sure.

It's too bad Julius Thomas couldn't stay healthy and got greedy, he's flamed out in Jacksonsville.

Paradis is solid. Shofield and Garcia are young guys that are getting lots of playing time, it's just an overall inexperienced line. Too early to say either of those 3 are failed bits.

Roby has played well in spots, solid depth player and has failed a bit when asked to start. Can't really say he was a failed pick. Sylvester Williams has played well, Kayvon Webster has had his moments.

Justin Simmons (rookie) has come on strong. Janovich (rookie) looked solid until he broke his hand, we'll see how they use him. Dixon (punter) was ok. Booker... jury is out, not too impressed.

Siemian, I think the jury is out for long-term, but overall I wasn't unhappy with the body of work given the state of the OL and ground game.

They definitely maximized the 'SB or Bust' window of opportunity and focused their time and $ on FA's...

The drafts have been good - great, no. But, the team has a lot of talent under contract going into 2017. They need to address the obvious issues on the lines in 2017.

I haven't ready anything new on the twitter rumor that Kubiak might retire for health issues, but I did notice today that the team didn't extend Wade's contract and he's not signed on for 2017 at this point.

So... read into that what you like, but as they go into the final game, if Kubiak truly is leaning towards retiring because of his heart related issues - that might explain why the team and Wade are leaving their options open.

And, if that happens --- then everything is up for debate as to what happens in 2017. I'm buckled up.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:44 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Debatable and you dubiously framed the statement (as if only those two years matter, and not the others in relation to John Elway's performance as a GM), but really FAs are rarely going to statistically improve your team. What John did was build the team through the draft with guys like Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe, Von Miller, Shane Ray, Danny Trevathan, Bradley Roby, and Matt Paradis. To date, 5 years out of 6 in the playoffs, 2 home AFCCG, 3 number 1 AFC seeds, 2 Super Bowl appearances, and 1 Super Bowl Victory. Now you girls can try and paint that as some kind of failure, but it isn't. And few sane people would view John's GM accomplishments as failures.

What I am going to ask you to do is to enjoy your own success and not try to (try) and elevate yourself by putting other people down. It's bad form and etiquette.
I'll leave blackop to the theory data, but this discussion is intended to discuss the future.

It's very interesting that Elway did not have good offseasons the 2 years Manning wasn't there. I think that says a lot about the future of the Broncos.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:01 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
60-80% new OL, an actual OC, and some talent on the DL besides Wolfe.

I don't know what Elway will do. I suspect that he will do some work on the lines, but I worry that we'll have another non-coordinator leaving everything offensive to Kubiak.

Any surprise cuts?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:14 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I'll leave blackop to the theory data, but this discussion is intended to discuss the future.

It's very interesting that Elway did not have good offseasons the 2 years Manning wasn't there. I think that says a lot about the future of the Broncos.
Well, the one offseason... he signed Manning, right? And, then this past year, they paid Von and prepared for the next chapter.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:17 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Also their first season under Elway without fivehead. Coincidence? I think not.
If that doesn't clearly draw for you in Crayon just how important the QB position is for today's modern league, then the upcoming Alex FAIL surely will.

Or it won't.

As usual.

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Now you girls can try and paint that as some kind of failure, but it isn't. And few sane people would view John's GM accomplishments as failures.

What I am going to ask you to do is to enjoy your own success and not try to (try) and elevate yourself by putting other people down. It's bad form and etiquette.
Not a chance. Lil' Chiefy has become an uppity little bitch since winning that earth-shattering wild card.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:19 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
If that doesn't clearly draw for you in Crayon just how important the QB position is for today's modern league, then the upcoming Alex FAIL surely will.

Or it won't.

As usual.

Not a chance. Lil' Chiefy has become an uppity little bitch since winning that earth-shattering wild card.
Let's not pretend Manning had a career year, they eeked out a lot of games.....IIRC, his numbers in the SB were like,meh.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:31 PM 12-30-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Let's not pretend Manning had a career year, they eeked out a lot of games.....IIRC, his numbers in the SB were like,meh.
In his last, hobbling season yes.

The other years and getting those high seeds, no.
[Reply]
TEX 11:16 AM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
All of this will not look good when they take the second in a row fist ****ing by another AFCW opponent
Yep. Oakland, even without Carr, will beat them. Denver is terrible.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:32 AM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
True, Mannind had 2200 yards and 9 TDs... about a 1k fewer yards and 3 fewer TDs than Smith this year, in many fewer games. In the SB, he was very pedestrian with 23 attempts.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:08 PM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The drafts are a lot of hit and miss for most and now that he's gone through half a dozen, hopefully he gets better with time. There are a handful of players that worked out, they're just not in Denver anymore. Jackson and Trevathan were the two biggest losses, two of the best picks - lessons learned the hard way for Elway there, for sure.

It's too bad Julius Thomas couldn't stay healthy and got greedy, he's flamed out in Jacksonsville.

Paradis is solid. Shofield and Garcia are young guys that are getting lots of playing time, it's just an overall inexperienced line. Too early to say either of those 3 are failed bits.

Roby has played well in spots, solid depth player and has failed a bit when asked to start. Can't really say he was a failed pick. Sylvester Williams has played well, Kayvon Webster has had his moments.

Justin Simmons (rookie) has come on strong. Janovich (rookie) looked solid until he broke his hand, we'll see how they use him. Dixon (punter) was ok. Booker... jury is out, not too impressed.

Siemian, I think the jury is out for long-term, but overall I wasn't unhappy with the body of work given the state of the OL and ground game.

They definitely maximized the 'SB or Bust' window of opportunity and focused their time and $ on FA's...

The drafts have been good - great, no. But, the team has a lot of talent under contract going into 2017. They need to address the obvious issues on the lines in 2017.

I haven't ready anything new on the twitter rumor that Kubiak might retire for health issues, but I did notice today that the team didn't extend Wade's contract and he's not signed on for 2017 at this point.

So... read into that what you like, but as they go into the final game, if Kubiak truly is leaning towards retiring because of his heart related issues - that might explain why the team and Wade are leaving their options open.

And, if that happens --- then everything is up for debate as to what happens in 2017. I'm buckled up.
So you're suggesting that if Kubiak retires that Wade Phillips will be the new head coach? I hope you're right. Wade is one of the best defensive coordinators in the league, but he sucks as a head coach.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 04:01 PM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
True, Mannind had 2200 yards and 9 TDs... about a 1k fewer yards and 3 fewer TDs than Smith this year, in many fewer games. In the SB, he was very pedestrian with 23 attempts.
The thing about Manning's last season, besides playing hurt, was he played behind a bad OL, one probably worse than this years. No one wants to admit how Manning made those 2nd and 3rd stringers look average nor how badly their lack of skills failed to give Manning time.

Manning would have been more productive behind this years line than Siemian but that is not saying much. Losing CJ and Bibbs really hurt, Booker is not a 20 carry, #1 RB.

They were set up to blow the Panthers out until the strip sack, Manning was looking downfield to Sanders and it was there but the protection didn't hold, after that he checked out of passes and was content to let the D rule the day.

kc doesn't have a unit ranked the best at anything. The #1 seed has won the SB for what the last 4-5 years? The chances are slim kc eeks into the SB with a weak AFC this year but even slimmer that they win it, especially with their best defender out.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 04:02 PM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. Oakland, even without Carr, will beat them. Denver is terrible.
Yep, but in our rebuilding year we still won 8 games. kc has rebuilding years of 2 wins.

We will restock and be back on top of the NFL next year.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:08 PM 12-31-2016
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
Yep, but in our rebuilding year we still won 8 games. kc has rebuilding years of 2 wins.

I wouldn't be so confident that Denver has hit rock bottom. That remains to be seen. We know Denver's FO sucks at assessing OL talent.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 04:16 PM 12-31-2016

You miserable wretchs thought you were going to be champs again and now you losers claim rebuilding year. You have provided many laughs to all this year
[Reply]
R Clark 04:19 PM 12-31-2016

Wishful thinking dumbass
[Reply]
Page 688 of 4927
« First < 188588638678684685686687688 68969069169269873878811881688 > Last »
Up