ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 270
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
O.city 02:44 PM 03-14-2023
Paying 24ish million a year for JJSS and HOpkins isn't ideal I don't think.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:46 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
A 4th would be fine if we think he's healthy but I still want to bring back JuJu in that situation.
lol why?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:46 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Paying 24ish million a year for JJSS and HOpkins isn't ideal I don't think.
It's redundant. Why would you resign JJSS after trading for Hopkins? Makes no sense. JJSS is a poor man's Hopkins.

I mean this with all due respect, but that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:47 PM 03-14-2023
A 4th would be fine if we think he's healthy but I still want to bring back JuJu in that situation.
Healthy? HEALTHY?

Where are people getting this idea that Hopkins is some sort of injury liability? Dude is an Iron Man at the position as there's ever been.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:48 PM 03-14-2023
Just give them a third and let’s win another sb before Jelce’s legs give out
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:54 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Healthy? HEALTHY?

Where are people getting this idea that Hopkins is some sort of injury liability? Dude is an Iron Man at the position as there's ever been.
He had a season ending injury the previous year and then was suspended for using PEDs to get over it, and also had hamstring issues last year. (IIRC?)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:57 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
"Well, actually, Pat, my knee looks like a fuckin' grapefruit and hurts like a motherfucker. But let's keep that between us, ok? I'm tryna get paid."

LOL
Lolz, hey I was just reporting what I saw. Question: is there a solid reason you think he's lying? Does he have a history of BS/lying about his condition? You have an inside scoop on him or something?

I mean, if we're going down that road, then I guess we can't believe any player. Which means we should be doubly wary of JJSS and his knee issues. Kelce might be lying as well I suppose. I mean, he's had ten surgeries, so I guess we can doubt that he's really healthy enough to play at a high level in 2023, right?

If we're just going to assume they're all lying then I don't know what there is to debate.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:57 PM 03-14-2023
He had a season ending injury the previous year and then was suspended for using PEDs to get over it, and also had hamstring issues last year.
Its like his only season ending injury, ever. And it was 2 seasons ago. Hamstring tightness should not be surprising at all considering the circumstance and doesn't even move the needle at all as far as injury concerns.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:58 PM 03-14-2023
:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 02:59 PM 03-14-2023
It's a bit weird the desire some people have to keep JuJu.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:00 PM 03-14-2023
Playing half his games on Arizona's field the last few years, it's surprising he didn't have MOAR injuries. j/s

He missed 2 games prior to playing on that field.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HopkDe00.htm
[Reply]
YayMike 03:03 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think it’s more who/what juju was than him the name…. He caught the ball, went over the middle….blocked well…. Maybe just my thoughts
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:08 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He led the WR room in stats. The stats themselves are pretty pedestrian, but they stand out among the rest of the WRs. If Toney had been a Chief from Day 1 of 2022, and posted basically the same numbers (and didn't miss more than a game to injury), probably CP would be fine with letting JuJu go.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:41 PM 03-14-2023
I would be down, but he has raiders written on him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:49 PM 03-14-2023
So it’s pretty clear JuJu is worth about 3/30 with 15-20 guaranteed at most. I’m guessing he isn’t even seeing those type of offers or he would have signed already like Meyers did.

I’m betting we get him back at a bargain price. Adding Hopkins on top of that would be pretty damn sweet but I’m not holding my breath.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 270
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up