ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 378
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:48 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Just like Tom Brady just willed his defense to tackle and force turnovers all those years. I wish Mahomes and LeBron had such powers.
What you ca do is limited...

But the first year Mahomes won a SB:

I remember Lamar Jackson in a playoff game down by 10 in the second half siting on the bench by himself hanging his head...

In a different game, but same season...

I remember Mahomes in a playoff game down by 10 in the second half bouncing up and down in front of the defensive players as the defense was getting ready to take the field...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:08 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
What you ca do is limited...

But the first year Mahomes won a SB:

I remember Lamar Jackson in a playoff game down by 10 in the second half siting on the bench by himself hanging his head...

In a different game, but same season...

I remember Mahomes in a playoff game down by 10 in the second half bouncing up and down in front of the defensive players as the defense was getting ready to take the field...
Too bad Patrick can't motivate his defenses to be above average like Brady one of these years. That would make things a hell of a lot easier.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03-27-2023, 01:08 AM
This message has been deleted by KC_Connection.
KC_Connection 03-27-2023, 01:08 AM
KC_Connection 03-27-2023, 01:10 AM
ARROW2 03:59 AM 03-27-2023
Biggest Kobe fan on here, that's for sure. You probably still think he had the better career of the two.
He did.

Le Fraud will never be a true Laker. All he cared about this year was a longevity record. F him.
[Reply]
ARROW2 04:02 AM 03-27-2023
One 4 month off bubble ass chip in front of no fans don't mean shit to us. And it STILL was not possible without a healthy AD. 4 months off sure helps. Outside of a bubble, it has been a horrendous failure. King my ass.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:26 AM 03-27-2023
:-) Damn, KCC is on full court press right now after that one. Look at all those deleted posts :-)
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:25 AM 03-27-2023
Curry goes 8 for 23 and doesn't get bailed out this time. Beautiful. Guess he couldn't will those teammates on today.
Lebron +4 in a 10 point loss. Narrative: Team was great when he was on the floor, his teammates let him down when he rested.

Curry +2 in a 3 point loss. Narrative: Curry sucks, he couldn't will his teammates on and they didn't bail him out.

Despite it all, though, I don't actually hate Curry. I hate the Warriors and what they represent.
What do they represent? Drafting and developing the majority of their best players while designing a system to fit those players. Or just beating lebron?
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:38 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It always amazes me that every single time I click into this thread, outside of 2-hour stretches when conference finals/finals games are live, ya'll are talking about LeBron James.

And this is just my annual post to point that out.
In fairness it is just 1 person, KCC, who comes in here trolling. What is confusing to me is that he actually has a home town NBA team (Raptors) that he is a fan of but he spends 99% of his time in this thread stanning for Lebron instead of his team.

That would be akin to a Chief fan going into every Chiefs thread saying how much they love and how great Burrow or Allen and never talking Chiefs.

Have some self respect jfc.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:40 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
What do they represent? Drafting and developing the majority of their best players while designing a system to fit those players. Or just beating lebron?
The Warriors definitely ruined the enjoyment of the game a little. It’s not fun watching teams just jack up 3’s now instead of working the ball into the paint and running an offense. Kerr basically came up with a philosophy that you can jack up enough 3’s to just outscore every opponent. It’s why defense has become worse over the years because teams simply just live and die by the 3 now. Players in youth basketball are working more on logo 3’s than dunking and post play nowadays.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:54 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The Warriors definitely ruined the enjoyment of the game a little. It’s not fun watching teams just jack up 3’s now instead of working the ball into the paint and running an offense. Kerr basically came up with a philosophy that you can jack up enough 3’s to just outscore every opponent. It’s why defense has become worse over the years because teams simply just live and die by the 3 now. Players in youth basketball are working more on logo 3’s than dunking and post play nowadays.
You can blame some of that on GSW but analytics and Darryl Morey\Houston took it to the extreme. Most teams don't have 2 3 PT shooters like GSW does either.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:06 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You can blame some of that on GSW but analytics and Darryl Morey\Houston took it to the extreme. Most teams don't have 2 3 PT shooters like GSW does either.
Technically speaking it was probably more Pop and the hack a Shaq era that ruined the paint game, but the Warriors having success at it created a bunch of shitty replicas that aren’t enjoyable to watch.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:16 AM 03-27-2023
You think the Warriors don't run an offense and just jack up 3s? Yeah they shoot a lot of them, but damn man, they do so much moving around. I'll take that over a team throwing the ball into a big guy and him taking 3 dribbles while slamming into his defender to turn around and shoot a layup any day.

And if you mean the high low concepts instead, we'll the Warriors run those concepts too, they just have brought them further out. And yes, it's very clearly based on what pop had with Duncan.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:18 AM 03-27-2023
Holy shit - the "Lebron James of Feet" line was an actual quote from Lebron.

What an unbelievable chode.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:25 AM 03-27-2023
Technically speaking it was probably more Pop and the hack a Shaq era that ruined the paint game, but the Warriors having success at it created a bunch of shitty replicas that aren’t enjoyable to watch.
true. You also though got big men jacking up 3's multiple times a game (Embiid\Jokic)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:25 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Damn, KCC is on full court press right now after that one. Look at all those deleted posts :-)
All duplicates. CP froze up last night.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:26 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
In fairness it is just 1 person, KCC, who comes in here trolling. What is confusing to me is that he actually has a home town NBA team (Raptors) that he is a fan of but he spends 99% of his time in this thread stanning for Lebron instead of his team.

That would be akin to a Chief fan going into every Chiefs thread saying how much they love and how great Burrow or Allen and never talking Chiefs.

Have some self respect jfc.
If you want to discuss the Raptors any time, I'm game. But what is so interesting about the Raptors this year that requires any discussion at all? The team itself has been going through the motions all year, seemingly trying to get their coach fired. They need a rebuild.

And the LeBron discussions are largely because there is a large segment of fans here who can't handle the threat he is to MJ's legacy and haven't for many years.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 378
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118168 > Last »
Up