ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 79
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:32 PM 08-25-2020
Brees got the Super Bowl but he definitely brought some of that Chargers bad luck with him. They have had some crushing playoff losses.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:41 PM 08-25-2020
Upon pondering the question a bit more, I have concluded

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:51 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Watson still had plenty of chances to keep that game competitive. If the roles were reversed, Mahomes would not have lost by 20 after leading by 24.
Oh, I'm not saying that he didn't. I agree that Watson didn't rise to the competition in that game. But what hurt the Texans the most, IMO, was the fact that their defense completely collapsed. Watson isn't Mahomes; he can't keep HOU in a game even when his defense is playing like a ruptured dam. He has to have his defense get at least a few stops to help him out.

But that defense, IIRC was the worst RZ defense in the playoffs going in, perhaps the worst overall defense in the playoffs. Case in point, they allowed 51 consecutive points or something like that. Something like 6 TDs from inside the RZ. I don't care what QB you have, that's a big anchor around your neck.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08-25-2020, 01:07 PM
This message has been deleted by Radar Chief.
DRM08 01:14 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Oh, I'm not saying that he didn't. I agree that Watson didn't rise to the competition in that game. But what hurt the Texans the most, IMO, was the fact that their defense completely collapsed. Watson isn't Mahomes; he can't keep HOU in a game even when his defense is playing like a ruptured dam. He has to have his defense get at least a few stops to help him out.

But that defense, IIRC was the worst RZ defense in the playoffs going in, perhaps the worst overall defense in the playoffs. Case in point, they allowed 51 consecutive points or something like that. Something like 6 TDs from inside the RZ. I don't care what QB you have, that's a big anchor around your neck.
I enjoy seeing the college superstar overhyped by media get stuck in that situation. Media acted like Clemson was only great because of Deshaun. Reality is they had a 5-star roster on all sides of the ball and they still have it years after Deshaun left. Mahomes was surrounded by garbage on all sides of the ball in college. He pulled some pretty amazing stuff just to keep Tech competitive in a lot of losses. He got almost no respect from the media during his college days. It is very enjoyable to see the tables turned now in the NFL. Patrick has a strong supporting cast and coaches. They are kicking a lot of butt. All the idiots who said the Chiefs blew it with the draft pick. :-)
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:28 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Without the special teams scoring a touchdown on the blocked punt and setting the Texans up inside the 10 on Tyreek's fumble, the Watson led Texans only score 10 points in the first half. Let's not act like Watson was playing his ass off in the first half. He had one long touchdown pass to a wide open receiver on a busted coverage. Other than that his play was very pedestrian. He wasn't the main problem with that shitty team, but IMO he isn't part of the solution either. He's a good, not great quarterback who will always be just good enough to get the team to the playoffs occasionally and then dissappoint in the playoffs vs. teams led by superior QBs. He's Phillip Rivers with better athleticism.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:47 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Manning played in the RCA dome and Lucas Oil stadium with the Colts (also a dome). Also got a dome game against the Texans and fair weather in Jacksonville/TN in the AFC South. There's effectively no difference there.

Again - just saying that there really are not that many differences between the two. The Sean Payton thing is fair to point out - but if we're gonna talk about what happens w/ X element removed, how about the fact that Brees threw for 5,200 yards and 43 scores the year that Payton was barred from team activities?

Brees deserves far more credit AND far more shit than he gets. He deserves to be considered at least Mannings regular season equal and probably his superior. He also deserves to be at least as big a post-season choker and probably a bigger one.
Man, fuck all that.

Peyton>Brees
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:50 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Man, fuck all that.

Peyton>Brees
I watched Brees in college. A lot.

I also saw pretty much every game of his in a Chargers uniform.

The guy was the king of dink and dunk until Sean Payton got ahold of him. I know he's done some amazing things but I just have a hard time personally thinking he would have done that in a place that didn't have an Andy Reid or Sean Payton.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:13 PM 10-02-2020
Drew Brees is done. I think Detroit beats the Saints on Sunday.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:33 PM 10-02-2020
Watson will have a short career if he does not stop taking so many sacks.

Texans are stuck with him now.
[Reply]
alanm 04:42 PM 10-02-2020
Why is this even a thing anymore? :-)
[Reply]
DRM08 04:43 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Watson will have a short career if he does not stop taking so many sacks.

Texans are stuck with him now.
Excluding the final 2 years on their rookie contract, let's take a look at the 4-year salary cap situation from 2022 through the end of Deshaun's contract in 2025...

Mahomes = 4 years, $155.8 million ($38.95M per year)
Watson = 4 years, $152.2 million ($38.05M per year)

Given how bad the Houston roster is right now, I think they are screwed. They need to crush it in the Draft to build around him with cheap players. I doubt they will be able to do this.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:51 PM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Excluding the final 2 years on their rookie contract, let's take a look at the 4-year salary cap situation from 2022 through the end of Deshaun's contract in 2025...

Mahomes = 4 years, $155.8 million ($38.95M per year)
Watson = 4 years, $152.2 million ($38.05M per year)

Given how bad the Houston roster is right now, I think they are screwed. They need to crush it in the Draft to build around him with cheap players. I doubt they will be able to do this.
Texans will be paying for a handful of stunning highlights by Watson every year- along with a tons of sacks w/ yards lost, an average win / loss record and zero playoff wins.

38 million a year for Joe Average. :-):-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:53 PM 10-02-2020
death to this thread
[Reply]
Bowser 04:54 PM 10-02-2020
Every single time I see this thread bumped

[Reply]
DRM08 04:56 PM 10-02-2020
Meanwhile in KC, I have been very impressed with how Veach, Reid, and Spags are finding talent for cheap, whether it's veteran guys from other teams or Draft picks the last couple years. And even the top end talent is signing for cheaper than they should (Mahomes, Jones, Watkins).

Things are sure looking a lot brighter than they did with overpaid veterans like Eric Berry & Justin Houston. The worst contract on the team is Hitchens and that one will be over soon enough. Hell, maybe he will recognize that he's lucky to be in KC and decide to stick around for much lower salary, like Sammy did.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 79
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up