ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 247
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:50 PM 11-02-2022
Meh, we'll continue debating for 2.5 months and then we'll find out... and if the Chiefs win or lose a nail biter (especiallyif it's Buffalo), it would be pretty clear the margin is much tigher than they may look on paper, whether that's due to Mahomes or Reid or whatever.

If Buffalo wins fairly convincingly, then maybe they were in fact not overhyped.

And if they don't play in the playoffs, I'm banning every single person here who's ever thought the NFL might be rigged, because goddammit this rematch has to happen.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:51 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
What matters is…does Buffalo have a significantly easier time moving the ball against the Chiefs than the Chiefs do against Buffalo? I don’t think so. And Buffalo is getting less healthy while the Chiefs are getting healthier and added Toney to the mix.

I’d give Buffalo the edge right now, but KC would probably have a solid chance of winning regardless of where they play. And the defense will hopefully improve as the year goes on.
Yes, they do. They ran the ball better and there's a noticeable difference between the pass rush on both teams. Josh Allen could have taken a coffee break during that last game. On that alone, they can move the ball easier. More weapons, better run game, better OL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:56 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Josh Allen could have taken a coffee break during that last game.
this is false

chiefs defense had josh on the ropes until that last drive

chiefs offense lost that game

with mcduffie and gay returning they better pray they are fully healthy this postseason
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:07 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Meh, we'll continue debating for 2.5 months and then we'll find out... and if the Chiefs win or lose a nail biter (especiallyif it's Buffalo), it would be pretty clear the margin is much tigher than they may look on paper, whether that's due to Mahomes or Reid or whatever.

If Buffalo wins fairly convincingly, then maybe they were in fact not overhyped.

And if they don't play in the playoffs, I'm banning every single person here who's ever thought the NFL might be rigged, because goddammit this rematch has to happen.
I think refs sometimes manipulate games to keep them close to maintain a TV audience. Do I get the ban hammer too?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:15 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Yes, they do. They ran the ball better and there's a noticeable difference between the pass rush on both teams. Josh Allen could have taken a coffee break during that last game. On that alone, they can move the ball easier. More weapons, better run game, better OL.
Of course there's a difference between the pass rushes. But that doesn't mean that each QB/offense is going to respond the same to it.

The Bills' defense was ranked much higher than KC's last year and did they seem to have a much easier time moving the ball in the playoff game? If anything, it was the opposite.

A few weeks ago, I saw two teams that moved the ball pretty consistently and both shot themselves in the foot a few times. Seemed pretty damn even. 6.3 yards/play for KC vs 6.2 for Buffalo. I don't think you can say that Buffalo moved the ball far more easily if KC had the edge on a per play basis.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:26 PM 11-02-2022
Of course there's a difference between the pass rushes. But that doesn't mean that each QB/offense is going to respond the same to it.

The Bills' defense was ranked much higher than KC's last year and did they seem to have a much easier time moving the ball in the playoff game? If anything, it was the opposite.

A few weeks ago, I saw two teams that moved the ball pretty consistently and both shot themselves in the foot a few times. Seemed pretty damn even. 6.3 yards/play for KC vs 6.2 for Buffalo. I don't think you can say that Buffalo moved the ball far more easily if KC had the edge on a per play basis.
It did feel like Buffalo was more consistent, though that may be my memory playing tricks on me.

KC did what KC do - had some real stinker moments and some absolute death star shit mixed in with it. Whereas Buffalo seemed to have a lower standard deviation.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:38 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Whereas Buffalo seemed to have a lower standard deviation.
yeah apart from their own death star plays mixed in with stinker shit....

c'mon bro, if anything, their deviation was HIGHER...the two bombs completely changed that game
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:39 PM 11-02-2022
I think refs sometimes manipulate games to keep them close to maintain a TV audience. Do I get the ban hammer too?
Yes, because the much more plausible explanation for bad calls would be the coaches and players of the team that's losing being in the ears of the refs, plus the general likelihood of any call simply being bad as opposed to bad on purpose, and even players of the losing team doing things to draw fouls (such as Brady underthrows).

And I'd also really doubt the NFL cares about 2nd half ratings of individual games as I'd have serious doubts that contract talks go into details of "well, we'd offer $x.y billion over 10 years, but that one AFCCG 3 years ago wasn't close after halftime, so scratch that number".

Fans don't simply stop tuning in week after week because of a blowout, which is the only thing they would care about.

So yeah...

[Reply]
kccrow 05:25 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a feeling this list is going to change substantially in the next 5-6 weeks.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:21 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this is false

chiefs defense had josh on the ropes until that last drive

chiefs offense lost that game

with mcduffie and gay returning they better pray they are fully healthy this postseason
Mahomes lost that game. It happens, no quarterback is perfect, but Patty Cakes is about as close as we can get.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:50 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Mahomes lost that game. It happens, no quarterback is perfect, but Patty Cakes is about as close as we can get.
Will anyone mention both of his INTs were passes to Skyy Moore when he was running the same route. In the Bills & 49ers game
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:51 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Can’t expect to hang 30-40 every single time you play a top tier defense though. It would be nice to see the retooled defense step up and win them a game now and then.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 09:18 PM 11-02-2022
I don't think they're overhyped. But I do think their win over the chiefs is overhyped. They were losing with 90bsecobds left and beat us by 4. Last year they beat us by 18. How'd they do in the playoffs? They ain't shit until they win in the playoffs.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 07:17 AM 11-03-2022
And Buffalo is getting less healthy while the Chiefs are getting healthier and added Toney to the mix.
Do people just say these things hoping no one knows the truth?

Buffalo is the healthiest they have been all season. They just got their all-pro CB back, traded for a safety that knows the defense, and the only injured player is Poyer and he is day-to-day.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 07:21 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Watched a couple game highlight reels of PHI the other day. Hurts actually made some top-level throws. Of course, they were highlight reels, so I didn't see his incomplete passes. But he looked like a real QB.

But I'm not impressed with who they beat. Lions, Vikings, Commanders, Jags, Cardinals, Cowboys, Steelers. And some of these were squeakers.

The Vikes and the Cowboys with Dak are legit teams, but not on the same level as BUF or KC.

I think they're a pretty well-rounded team and Jalen is better than he was last season. Not ready to say they're better than either BUF or KC though.
I personally don’t understand the Hurts love.

The guy has 10 passing touchdowns in 8 games. Mahomes has double that in 8 games. Allen has 19 in 7 games.

The media is talking about Hurts like he is torching defenses, whereas the reality is that he is just playing efficiently (which is an improvement for him).
[Reply]
Page 67 of 247
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up