ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 97
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:27 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Has Juju drawn any double teams in the first two games?
Yes, but every receiver has.

The first week he was targeted 20% of the time. He had one more target than reception. This week he was targeted 8% and had 3 reception on 3 targets.

I think every thing is going exactly like Patrick said it was. Beyond Kelce, there is going to be a different guy every week. Seems like to me that Mahomes is not locking on any WR at the moment. That is a good thing IMO.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:34 AM 09-17-2022
Juju isn’t a wr1 nor should he be expected to be. He will be fine. But some other wr needs to step up. At this point Mecole is vulturing snaps from skyy moore. Moores success will feed into JuJus. If teams are gonna throw blitzes at us we need WRs who will punish with quick hitters. I’ve always seen juju as a guy who can kill you underneath but that becomes less useful if teams stopped respecting our deep pass.
[Reply]
YayMike 06:23 AM 09-17-2022
Game 1 was all man and lots of blitz. Patrick threw to the guys that beat their man.

Game 2 was mostly zone and little blitzing because SD front 4 we’re getting insane pressure, They boxed Kelce and juJu almost all the time. Hardman was clearly the plan this week. It’s all good
[Reply]
tmax63 06:42 AM 09-17-2022
Four receivers for the Chiefs had between 44 and 51 yards. That tells me PMII was throwing it to whoever was open and where he could get him the ball. Sucks for you fantasy players but it worked Thursday.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:44 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Four receivers for the Chiefs had between 44 and 51 yards. That tells me PMII was throwing it to whoever was open and where he could get him the ball. Sucks for you fantasy players but it worked Thursday.
Yep.

There is no 'WR1', there are 'WRs'. And sometimes, depending on the play, that might include the actual WRs, Kelce, Fortson, Gray, or CEH split either out wide or in the slot.

And on any given play, the match-up advantage will get the ball.

Depending on the opponent and their scheme, different skill-sets from the cast of receivers will prove more useful so their numbers will be higher in that game. Rinse and repeat all season long.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:07 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yep.

There is no 'WR1', there are 'WRs'. And sometimes, depending on the play, that might include the actual WRs, Kelce, Fortson, Gray, or CEH split either out wide or in the slot.

And on any given play, the match-up advantage will get the ball.

Depending on the opponent and their scheme, different skill-sets from the cast of receivers will prove more useful so their numbers will be higher in that game. Rinse and repeat all season long.
The problem is I think mvs and mecole bring similar things to the table. What we needed vs lac was skyy moore. A guy who can run sharp routes, then catch and run even without very much space. It doesn’t do is good to have 2 burners when your qb barely has time to get rid of the ball. I know Andy eases WRs along but in games like this he has got to get skyy moore involved. I hate agreeing with Richard Sherman but he’s absolutely right that the chargers played us as if they have zero respect for our WRs. It’s not so much about having a WR1 to laser in on, it’s about having some guy out of that group defenses will actually account for.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:09 AM 09-17-2022
You want the ball then get open. No more force feeding double coverage. This is Mahomes becoming great.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:55 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Skyy Moore dynasty cannot happen if he continues to get only 2 offensive snaps a game.
Gonna guess Reid's offense is complicated and they arent fully comfortable rolling him out yet
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:56 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You know, it's almost like he is a rookie WR in an Andy Reid offense.

Almost.
This...
[Reply]
BWillie 09:04 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You know, it's almost like he is a rookie WR in an Andy Reid offense.

Almost.
Juju and mvs and watson all rookies to andy reid offense. Did Watson even make it down to Mahomes place in Texas over the offseason?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:05 AM 09-17-2022
Last super bowl champ who didnt have a bonafide #1 wr? Its been a minute
[Reply]
Chargem 09:05 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Gonna guess Reid's offense is complicated and they arent fully comfortable rolling him out yet
Rookie on a short week, no time to actually do a game plan. I guess that's why no Sky plays/reps.

JJSS had a pretty key block (so did Kelce) on the long CEH run in the 4th.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:14 AM 09-17-2022

Quite a few of those Patriots teams didn't have a star WR
[Reply]
BWillie 09:25 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Rookie on a short week, no time to actually do a game plan. I guess that's why no Sky plays/reps.

JJSS had a pretty key block (so did Kelce) on the long CEH run in the 4th.
It doesn't really matter who is a rookie or not because they've all had the same reps with the new offense.

For some reason the coaching staff is not as high in skyy as many of we are. He looks the part for a great slot wr who can occasionally make then pay deep but hard to know what we have at this point.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:38 AM 09-17-2022
How many of the teams with a bonafide #1 WR have a Kelce?
[Reply]
Page 67 of 97
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up