Page 67 of 112
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not trying to look forward but next Spring is going to be so ****ing fun. The last 2 drafts have brought in our future nucleus. These guys are all cheap for the next 4 years minimum.

They’re gonna have so much money and 12 draft picks. The flexibility is gonna be so useful for them.

We’re gonna be piling talent on top of the nucleus of the last 2 drafts.
That money is gonna dry up quicker than we think because they only have like 7 players under contract for 2023
[Reply]
-King- 10:39 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think Sneeds been our best CB. I think Thornhill has probably been our best overall DB.

But Watson has unquestionably been way better than any 7th round pick has right to be. Damn this staff can put DBs to use.
Sneed is like a taller Brandon Flowers. Good in every area and isnt afraid to go and make tackles at all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Sneed is like a taller Brandon Flowers. Good in every area and isnt afraid to go and make tackles at all.
Sneed has been great in short yardage. And it's not just the run stops, he blows up screens too.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:42 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sneed has been great in short yardage. And it's not just the run stops, he blows up screens too.
It seems like everytime he gets beat it's because of a great catch and throw. Dude is always in position and just inches from making the play. Must be maddening for him. It's maddening for me as a fan because i know he deserves to win on those plays.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It seems like everytime he gets beat it's because of a great catch and throw. Dude is always in position and just inches from making the play. Must be maddening for him. It's maddening for me as a fan because i know he deserves to win on those plays.
Yup. That's exactly what I've been saying. He's a stud.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
That money is gonna dry up quicker than we think because they only have like 7 players under contract for 2023
Not quite. They’ve got 12 draft picks next Spring. All 10 of our draft picks are currently on the roster.

McKinnon, Dunlap, Watson, Christian and Bush are all filler players who are incredible cheap.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:59 AM 09-30-2022
To some degree that's true, they do still have a lot of free agents. Some are JAGS who can easily be replaced in the draft or with cheap FA, but there are some position groups that need a lot of work in the draft or FA to be replenished.

DT - Nnadi, Wharton, and Saunders are FA. Ideally need to re-sign 1-2 of these and then draft or sign 1-2 more. Chris Jones might want to be considered for an extension.

DE - Assuming they cut Clark this position is also pretty barren next year, you have Karlaftis and then Herring and Kaindoh. Going to need to go back to the draft early here as well as a FA or two.

S - Depends on whether they re-sign Thornhill, not a need if they do. If not will need to be addressed; where it's addressed depends on the development of Cook.

WR - Another position that's pretty barren. KC has Moore, MVS, and Ross next year and that's it. Not a lot of proven talent here. Maybe can see Juju being brought back if he's affordable, Hardman can hit the road. Need another high draft pick here.

OT - Interior OL is set for a couple more years at least. Have to hope one of Niang or Kinnard can finally settle at RT. LT is a significant need, OBJ ain't it. Probably need #1a in 2023 (1b and 1c are WR and DE).

RB - Hopefully Pacheco develops, we'll see. CEH clearly isn't much of a weapon. He'll still be here, but KC could use a mid-round pick at RB or a FA.

Overall, KC still has a lot of needs going into next year. Going to need another homerun draft like we had in 2021 and 2022 (so far), but going to finally need to see some more skill position players prioritized. QB, CB, LB, and interior OL are the positions that can confidently be considered set for the next several years or more, need to add to that list in short order for continued success.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:36 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I'd say as far as just about any draft pick goes he's been a grand slam. So far you could say he's performing as a day 2 or 3 pick. We've seen countless first rd corners come in and struggle before finally putting it all together, he's hit the ground running. Granted, I'm sure he'll have some more struggles as there is more tape on him, but agreed he's been a grand slam. Not disagreeing at all here, just expanding on how impressive of a pick he's been.
Yep. Ask bears fans what they think about Kyler Gordon who was picked high in the second round. He’s been terribad. Veach and company have an eye for talent at the corner position.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:36 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wouldn't it be nice if we could sign somebody like Andre Dillard and they turn out to be a stud LT?
YES staylor! Mentioned him as a possible reclamation project on another thread. I'm not as convinced our OL coaching is up to our DB coaching in making hay with these sorts of guys, but man that would be a win.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:45 PM 09-30-2022
Going to hold my hands up and say I thought Sneed took a step back last year from his rookie year, seemed to lose concentration and allow separation far more. So far he's been absolutely lights out and everything I hoped he'd be after his rookie year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:28 PM 09-30-2022
But I think we do have room for one splash signing in the first couple days of FA. Possibly two if Veach somehow works his magic and finds a player like Justin Reid at that contract. Holy buckets that was a steal of a signing.

There are Deon Bush, Elijah Lee types to be found all over the place at chump change prices. We can easily bring in more of those guys or re-sign the ones currently on the team.

We'll still need to depend on rookies in the next draft class, but we've got a bunch of picks to play with.

We'll be fine.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:02 PM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I can't wait to get McDuffie and Gay back.

This defense has a chance to be one of the best in Reid's tenure.
It really does and we don't even have any great edge rushers. Karlaftis could be eventually, and Dunlap has been a solid pickup. The future is so bright for this defense we need fucking shades.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:49 AM 10-01-2022
Watson is kinda like Sneed. If he gets beat it’s by a great catch and perfect ball placement. Seems to always have good coverage on his man

#Colts offense has needed this for years. Feed Alec Pierce. pic.twitter.com/1ZzEB5gueN

— Indy Source (@SourceIndiana) September 26, 2022

[Reply]
TEX 07:58 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Yep. Ask bears fans what they think about Kyler Gordon who was picked high in the second round. He’s been terribad. Veach and company have an eye for talent at the corner position.
Yep. Wish that could be said for drafting skill position players. Cant remember the last good one Veach drafted.
[Reply]
JPH83 08:09 AM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. Wish that could be said for drafting skill position players. Cant remember the last good one Veach drafted.
It doesn't seem a strength of his. We really need a Pittsburgh-esque identification of WRs. Trying to think of others that really nail the skill positions.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 112
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up