ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 172
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How a pair of attention whores destroyed any ounce of credibility they ever had
Hammock Parties 08:55 PM 02-16-2022
Enjoy. And fuck EB.

How a season-long rift between Mahomes and Bieniemy ruined the AFC Championship
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:07 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
What he says about Ryan Poles not wanting to interview EB makes a lot of sense. We all know there’s something sketchy with EB, but we can’t just drop an lengthy article with no concrete evidence.
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You guys are just too much. You think a Broncos journalist isn't reveling in the fact that all isn't well in Chiefs Kingdom? And suddenly he becomes a go-to corroboration?

If it were any other situation, you'd say he's a worthless hack.

The guy refers to EB as "annoying." There's nothing he provides that has any sources. He just likes to pile on.

I'm not even a fan of EB, but the idea that this guy does anything to back up Clay's loose narrative is ridiculous.
Yeah, that's the annoying, predictable conclusion to all of this.

Everyone who's paid attention to this stuff knows EB has a bit of a history.
The vast majority of people who have read the crap completely acknowledge there COULD be shreds of truth... and if nothing else, big egos clash sometimes.

The biggest problem of course was the fan fiction and going so far overboard on "insider information", throwing the guy under the bus repeatedly just to say "he might come back for another year"....

Yet, our future is now whenever someone anything even a little negative about EB, or he ends of leaving... it's going to be OUR BULLSHIT EDITORIAL BOARD KNEW THE TRUTH AND NO ONE BELIEVED US!!!!!!1111!!!!
[Reply]
In58men 08:11 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, that's the annoying, predictable conclusion to all of this.

Everyone who's paid attention to this stuff knows EB has a bit of a history.
The vast majority of people who have read the crap completely acknowledge there COULD be shreds of truth... and if nothing else, big egos clash sometimes.

The biggest problem of course was the fan fiction and going so far overboard on "insider information", throwing the guy under the bus repeatedly just to say "he might come back for another year"....

Yet, our future is now whenever someone anything even a little negative about EB, or he ends of leaving... it's going to be OUR BULLSHIT EDITORIAL BOARD KNEW THE TRUTH AND NO ONE BELIEVED US!!!!!!1111!!!!
Yeah, I feel like we know how this is going to play out. “There are some issues with EB, so let’s piggyback off those concerns and publish an article”. This article should have never been put out.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:16 PM 02-17-2022
I think that OL is Thuney. Mentioned doesn’t say much but is a prominent player. That’s Thuney to a T!! I’m glad he stood up and called EB out. He was with the Pats forever, he knows what winning looks like.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:25 PM 02-17-2022
Thought this was a bunch of BS BUT, now I am not so sure...

[Reply]
xztop123 08:31 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:

He’s just paraphrasing and not giving any insights.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:33 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by xztop123:
He’s just paraphrasing and not giving any insights.
True but it seems to be the tale going on that is not being discussed by the major media players. Just thought it was interesting.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:40 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I don't agree with everything in the article but some of what was written and what Albright are saying seems to confirm my suspicions regarding why EB never got s HC job while guys like Nagy/Peterson have. Take away this article for a second don't you think it's kind of sad how local media has t been able to uncover anything on this? The best offense the past several seasons and the OC can't get a job? And now his contract as OC might not even get renewed? This should be red meat for some of those folks who cover the team.
Exactly. So you had prior views and they were confirmed by an article that could just as easily be made-up fan fiction based on the same priors you already had.

There are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. They require a lot more than just being an OC to attain. Entirely possible he wasn't a good interview. Entirely possible his past at Colorado hurt him. Entirely possible his other history hurt him. And entirely possible he wasn't able to escape from said history and get out from under the shadow of Andy Reid and the wing of Patrick Mahomes.

I never thought EB was that special because I felt he was largely a product of Mahomes. Same as I felt Fangio would've never been Broncos coach had the Bears not traded for Khalil Mack.

But you don't get to write an article that reads like you're sophisticated journalists and it's okay if only 50% of what you have to share is true and the other 50% is made up. That's the problem here.

I somehow don't think Clay and Marty became the KC Woodward and Bernstein and outscooped every other journalist who would've loved to break this news if it were true. I think their standards were rock bottom, they took what was given to them, and they wove a narrative that they felt suited their purposes and "made sense" based on their priors and the priors of a lot of the fanbase.

There's nothing admirable about that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:44 PM 02-17-2022
The simple fact that Clay only cares about the attention and isn’t shy about it…should be everything you need to know.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 09:00 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The simple fact that Clay only cares about the attention and isn’t shy about it…should be everything you need to know.
This
[Reply]
KingPriest2 09:02 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:

Umm. Lol. Just because you saw a YouTube video you think it’s true?

He’s just going off the kind of a article that clay put out
[Reply]
Stryker 09:02 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Exactly. So you had prior views and they were confirmed by an article that could just as easily be made-up fan fiction based on the same priors you already had.

There are only 32 head coaching jobs in the NFL. They require a lot more than just being an OC to attain. Entirely possible he wasn't a good interview. Entirely possible his past at Colorado hurt him. Entirely possible his other history hurt him. And entirely possible he wasn't able to escape from said history and get out from under the shadow of Andy Reid and the wing of Patrick Mahomes.

I never thought EB was that special because I felt he was largely a product of Mahomes. Same as I felt Fangio would've never been Broncos coach had the Bears not traded for Khalil Mack.

But you don't get to write an article that reads like you're sophisticated journalists and it's okay if only 50% of what you have to share is true and the other 50% is made up. That's the problem here.

I somehow don't think Clay and Marty became the KC Woodward and Bernstein and outscooped every other journalist who would've loved to break this news if it were true. I think their standards were rock bottom, they took what was given to them, and they wove a narrative that they felt suited their purposes and "made sense" based on their priors and the priors of a lot of the fanbase.

There's nothing admirable about that.
I agree 100% with what you say but I simply ask, what happened in the 2nd half of the AFCCG against the Bengals with a nice lead? Just curious on your thoughts.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:04 PM 02-17-2022
If I wrote the fan fiction, I would’ve included a sex scene. Probably orgy. Just saying.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:05 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Oh, please. If Clay is X-Factor, you're the guy who blows him for coke.
FYP

BLEW him for coke.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:06 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
It kind of strikes me like voting for a politician because he seems like a guy you'd drink a beer with.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:06 PM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:

He’s just going off the kind of a article that clay put out
I didn't watch the video, but probably just goes to show how poorly written the article was and how if you simply soften the message a bit and trim all the bullshit, it would sound as decent of a theory as anything else out there.

I assume youtube guy was just far better at selling the theory... just about anyone would be.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 172
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up