ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 335
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:27 PM 08-18-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I re-watched Rains of Castamere earlier. That one gets me every time.

Something that stood out to me in this viewing is that Bolton tells Frey that the Blackfish escaped. I hadn't realized it the first time around but that guy is a beast. I hope he makes an appearance at some point later on.
Isn't he cat's uncle? The one that had to shoot the arrow at the river funeral because the archer kept missing?
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:48 AM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Isn't he cat's uncle? The one that had to shoot the arrow at the river funeral because the archer kept missing?
Yes and the archer who kept missing was Edmure Tully. He is the guy who actually got married at the Red Wedding. He is supposed to be alive as well but in the hands of the Freys. They are holding him hostage.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:21 AM 08-19-2015
Tower of Joy flash back has to mean R+L=J
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:51 AM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:

He really never even did anything of note in the show, but he always seemed so.. capable.

I don't know. I can tell the guy is a fucking beast.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:50 AM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He really never even did anything of note in the show, but he always seemed so.. capable.

I don't know. I can tell the guy is a ****ing beast.
He reminds me of Ser Barristan (of the books, not the show). Old and grizzled but can still take down just about anybody.
[Reply]
Hawk 11:44 AM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
GET ****ING HYPED. Tower of Joy flashback CONFIRMED.

http://watchersonthewall.com/the-tow...role-involved/
A fight scene that will be "massive and memorable"... Oh man, this should be awesome! Bout to have a nerdgasm!!

I hope they don't screw too much with the book dialogue from that scene. The book dialogue is excellent. I assume this means Sean Bean gets a cameo next season???
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:37 PM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
A fight scene that will be "massive and memorable"... Oh man, this should be awesome! Bout to have a nerdgasm!!

I hope they don't screw too much with the book dialogue from that scene. The book dialogue is excellent. I assume this means Sean Bean gets a cameo next season???
I'm sure they'll make a few (hopefully) subtle changes for the audience (such as changing it to "the Battle of the Trident" and the "Usurper Robert Baratheon").

Other than that, it should be next to identical from the book.
[Reply]
RustShack 11:14 PM 08-19-2015
Man I hate the wait between seasons. When's it start back up? February? April?
[Reply]
Sorter 11:20 PM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm sure they'll make a few (hopefully) subtle changes for the audience (such as changing it to "the Battle of the Trident" and the "Usurper Robert Baratheon").

Other than that, it should be next to identical from the book.
Based on what they did last season, they'll cut out all of the awesome dialogue and make it a 1v1 battle between Ned and Arthur.

Seriously, those fuckers messed so much shit up by trying to get it done in 7 seasons. They're now going to try for the Northern Conspiracy without Stannis, Dorne is a mess, they're revisiting the Ironborn and adding a Euron/Vic mashup (whilst all of the show viewers have likely forgotten about the Ironborn) and apparently they're going back to the Riverlands without LSH.

I understand cutting Aegon and LSH but the Dorne bullshit doesn't make any fucking sense. Ellaria kills Myrcella but strands the last heir to Dorne with a pissed off Jamie? :-).
[Reply]
Sorter 11:20 PM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Man I hate the wait between seasons. When's it start back up? February? April?
April.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:05 AM 08-20-2015
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Based on what they did last season, they'll cut out all of the awesome dialogue and make it a 1v1 battle between Ned and Arthur.

Seriously, those fuckers messed so much shit up by trying to get it done in 7 seasons. They're now going to try for the Northern Conspiracy without Stannis, Dorne is a mess, they're revisiting the Ironborn and adding a Euron/Vic mashup (whilst all of the show viewers have likely forgotten about the Ironborn) and apparently they're going back to the Riverlands without LSH.

I understand cutting Aegon and LSH but the Dorne bullshit doesn't make any fucking sense. Ellaria kills Myrcella but strands the last heir to Dorne with a pissed off Jamie? :-).
Don't worry, they'll just remind everyone about the Ironborn during their "Previously, on Game of Thrones" intro. That should suffice, right?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:09 PM 08-26-2015
You guys buying into the new R+J=L theory? The theory: Jon Snow's twin sister is Meera Reed. (R+L=J+M)

Not a lot is known about what happened at the Tower of Joy, the place where, according to R+L=J, Lyanna made Ned promise to take care of Jon. Supposedly, Ned Stark and six of his main dudes fought three Kingsguard whom they found guarding the tower. From that fight, only two men survived: They were Ned Stark and his homie Howland Reed, aka Meera's "dad."

Oh. Shiz.

If Lyanna did have twins, the safest plan would be to split them up. According to the twins theory, one went with Ned, and the other went with Howland. And it turns out there's actually evidence to support this.

The rest of the article and case for this theory is here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ef=mostpopular
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:06 PM 08-26-2015
That's an interesting theory
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:12 PM 08-26-2015
Oh shit.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:25 AM 08-27-2015

[Reply]
Page 67 of 335