ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 78
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:53 PM 12-07-2019
A little sad, looking back. Brianfo is now deceased.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:56 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I didn’t tell anyone. I needed the money, so I worked. In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have. All in all, it was an awesome experience. I eventually moved on because the hours sucked and the pay was worse, so I had to adult. Lol
Having to adult really sucks sometimes...
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 09:57 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Having to adult really sucks sometimes...
Right?!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:00 PM 12-07-2019
Wow. CP has a Disney World thread and a foremost expert on Disney World chimes in with his recent experience and is met with such hostile opprobrium.

Can we save this anger for the Patriots?

I grew up in Florida. I used to go to Disney for fun on weekends in high school even though it was a 2.5hr drive. It’s our closest experience to Arrowhead.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:28 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Just looked at flight info in case I was wrong.

Checked in July & October since I can't check out to next year. Prices run from $260/person in October to around $410/person in July.

So flight alone would cost $1,500-$2,500 total.
You want to save some money on air fare, Alligiant Air has flights from Springfield mo to St. Petersburg for less than $100 non-stop. You then have a 1.5 hour drive over to Disney.
[Reply]
007 11:34 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Ypu want to save dime money on air fare, Alligiant Air has flights from Springfield mo to St. Petersburg for less than $100 non-stop. You then have a 1.5 hour drive over to Disney.
Flying sardine cans
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:47 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I went to Disney world about 2 years ago and was so underwhelmed. Other than 1 show and the parade, almost everything else was a let down to me. The parks needs a renovation in the worst way. Everything looks like how it probably looked in the 70s.
they are spending $4 BILLION on upgrades and updates in the next 5 years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:52 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Flying sardine cans
you get what you pay for. :-)
[Reply]
007 11:53 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
you get what you pay for. :-)
Exactly
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:54 AM 12-08-2019
I've been quite a few times and loved it every time. One day I hope to retire not too far away and get a season pass.
[Reply]
JD10367 03:52 AM 12-08-2019
I’m currently lying in bed in Animal Kingdom Lodge. I rode “Rise of the Resistance” earlier tonight. Holy ****balls. Isn’t Claynus a Star Wars fan? If he ever rides it he’ll probably ejaculate himself to death. It’s less a ride and more like being in a movie. The most ambitious, intricate, and involved ride I’ve ever been on.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:46 PM 05-18-2021
Boom. Almost a 2 year bump on a 15 year old thread.

Going to be in Orlando for a couple days next month and thinking about spending one day at a park. Wanting to do something different from Disney. We've never been to Universal Studios and was hoping to get some input from those of you that have.

I'm hoping to have one day at a park and one day of relaxing or doing something NOT park related - but it looks like to experience everything at Universal, you have to get through both Universal Studio's and Island of Adventure. Is that a 2 full day deal or is that something you can get through in one day?

If we ultimately decide to NOT do a park, what are some other things to do that teenagers will enjoy as much as teenagers can enjoy anything?

Any suggestions on good hotels to stay at?

Thanks in advance for the help.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:52 PM 05-18-2021
what are some other things to do that teenagers will enjoy as much as teenagers can enjoy anything?
Epcot has a great interactive Stare at Your Phone exhibit that lasts all day, with Hot Pockets provided at lunchtime.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:56 PM 05-18-2021
Book an airboat ride through the wetlands to see some gators and other wildlife. Had a blast doing it a few years ago.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 02:03 PM 05-18-2021
Boom. Almost a 2 year bump on a 15 year old thread.

Going to be in Orlando for a couple days next month and thinking about spending one day at a park. Wanting to do something different from Disney. We've never been to Universal Studios and was hoping to get some input from those of you that have.

I'm hoping to have one day at a park and one day of relaxing or doing something NOT park related - but it looks like to experience everything at Universal, you have to get through both Universal Studio's and Island of Adventure. Is that a 2 full day deal or is that something you can get through in one day?

If we ultimately decide to NOT do a park, what are some other things to do that teenagers will enjoy as much as teenagers can enjoy anything?

Any suggestions on good hotels to stay at?

Thanks in advance for the help.
I like the Dolphin or Swan resorts. They are on the Disney boardwalk and have nice pools. I am staying over Memorial Day at the Dolphin with my kids. If you have wheels it’s a pretty easy one hour drive over to the Kennedy Space Center. Even better if there is a launch going on while you are there. Good luck!
[Reply]
Page 67 of 78
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up