ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 666 of 3903
« First < 166566616656662663664665666 66766866967067671676611661666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 03:43 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Aren't you?
I am but not everybody is. no decision would have been popular with everybody but one was made and things are more productive without some people going against the grain.
[Reply]
O.city 03:45 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well yeah, this distancing thing works. There's no way it couldn't. Now will it totally eliminate the virus? No, unless you put everyone in an individual prison...but it works somewhat.
I’ve been reading my ass off on a lot of studies coming out on this

It’s looking more and more like there’s a shit load of asymptomatic people out there with this. While that sucks in terms of spread, it would mean that we’re a lot farther along in terms of immunity than we thought

It would also mean it may not be THAT much worse than the flu, but it being novel and hitting us all at once it’s gonna clog up hospitals
[Reply]
Monticore 03:46 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Hospital doctors are apparently writing prescriptions for their families and using up the supply. Which sucks because it's needed for lupus patients. I know a guy who works in a hospital pharmacy - he says it's all over their forums. Most of them are telling the doctors to get bent.
My wife hasn't gotten me any , should I take that as a sign.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:47 PM 03-23-2020
Italy had 1,000 fewer cases today than the previous day.

So did Spain.

Germany had 50% fewer for two days running.
how far are we away from those countries on the curve? Two weeks behind? One? You know? Is there a consensus?
[Reply]
Bwana 03:47 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Idiots, we don’t want you here.
Yeah we had a bunch of nimrods from Washington state show up here when their state blew up. It's like turn your ass around and get the **** out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:48 PM 03-23-2020
Yeah we had an bunch of nimrods from Washington state show up here when their state blew up. It's like turn your ass around and get the **** out.
they probably stand out like a sore thumb in your area.
[Reply]
Donger 03:49 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
how far are we away from those countries on the curve? Two weeks behind? One? You know? Is there a consensus?
Based on significant new case growth?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 03:49 PM 03-23-2020

So did Spain.

Thank you!
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:49 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
He was tested though, and he was negative. I think he probably realized the error of his ways since then (even though he would never admit it)
But they asked him what it was like and I swear he had no idea. You'd think Trump would go on and on about having a swab jammed up into his brain.

Although I don't know if the WH doctor would go that far to lie to the public, so I guess he got tested. Maybe rich people have an easier test.

But anyway those guys literally haven't changed their behavior one bit. They shake hands, they cram in next to each other, they touch everything including the freaking microphone. There's video on CSPAN yesterday of Mnuching blowing his nose into a handkerchief then touching everyone and everything around him. They just can't seem to adjust. Rand Paul used the gym and swam in the Congressional pool while waiting for his test to come back.

They are testing for fever but that's not going to work for asymptomatic spread.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 03:50 PM 03-23-2020

So did Spain.

That seems promising
[Reply]
KC Dan 03:51 PM 03-23-2020
Yeah we had a bunch of nimrods from Washington state show up here when their state blew up. It's like turn your ass around and get the **** out.
Damn! And, I thought of coming to visit you....harsh, man, harsh...

actually, not thinking of because I know what you mean. The northern part of our state is 100% dysfunctional idiots and the southern part is far to close to whach job Portland...
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:51 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

It’s looking more and more like there’s a shit load of asymptomatic people out there with this. While that sucks in terms of spread, it would mean that we’re a lot farther along in terms of immunity than we thought

It would also mean it may not be THAT much worse than the flu, but it being novel and hitting us all at once it’s gonna clog up hospitals
Kind of what I have been saying (per my opinion and what I have read) for a while now.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:52 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
To be fair Trump and Pence have been pushing their 15 day plan hard for a week now. Problem is we haven't taken it that seriously.
Exactly right
[Reply]
Donger 03:53 PM 03-23-2020

Not much worse than influenza in what regard?
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:53 PM 03-23-2020

We need to get up to like 60% though and we're not close to that yet.

I've been trying to find a model that shows what the curve looks like if say we go through this again in the fall but 10% or 20% have herd immunity. Maybe it's flatter. But I haven't found anything yet.

We should all have masks and be better at social distancing by then at least.
[Reply]
Page 666 of 3903
« First < 166566616656662663664665666 66766866967067671676611661666 > Last »
Up