« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Watson has been even better IMO.
I think the pick 6 might be clouding your judgement there.

Watson isn't asked to do what Sneed is. None of our corners are. Dude is constantly moving around and his role changes from play to play. I think that has to be taken into consideration.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think Sneeds been our best CB. I think Thornhill has probably been our best overall DB.

But Watson has unquestionably been way better than any 7th round pick has right to be. Damn this staff can put DBs to use.
Agree on Thornhill and the advanced metrics back that up, by the way. He's been EXCELLENT so far.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 09-30-2022
Khalen Saunders has been kicking ass too.

If the offense gets going, this team is a problem.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:46 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Watson isn't asked to do what Sneed is. None of our corners are. Dude is cos rantlt moving around and his role changes from play to play.
It's all about expectations. It has nothing to do with the pick 6.

Watson has allowed virtually nothing to get past him. His QBR against is one of the lowest in the league currently.

Not trying to take anything away from Sneed, he's great. But Watson should get some credit. Hell, Thornhill too. These guys have been GREAT in pass coverage so far, almost all of them.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:46 AM 09-30-2022
Hopefully we can find a much cheaper solution at LT and keep Thornhill and Saunders.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 09-30-2022
It's probably too late, but a Thornhill extension would be nice.

Probably should have approached in teh offseason though. Same with Saunders.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:46 AM 09-30-2022
Hopefully we can find a cheaper solution at LT and keep Thornhill and Saunders.
YES.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 AM 09-30-2022
Wouldn't it be nice if we could sign somebody like Andre Dillard and they turn out to be a stud LT?
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 09-30-2022
Wouldn't it be nice if we could sign somebody like Andre Dillard and they turn out to be a stud LT?
Wouldn't hurt.

For some reason I get the feeling OBJ ends up on a LTD here. Not sure why I feel that way.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:51 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wouldn't hurt.

For some reason I get the feeling OBJ ends up on a LTD here. Not sure why I feel that way.
The only way I can see that happening is if he gets his shit together rather quickly and turns his season completely around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wouldn't hurt.

If he'll take say, $16M per, which puts him at the average of the top 5 LT's in the game, fine.

If he wants more than that, and all reports are that we wants in the realm of $24M per, then he can get on the first train out of KC. Fuck him.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 AM 09-30-2022

Watson isn't asked to do what Sneed is. None of our corners are. Dude is constantly moving around and his role changes from play to play. I think that has to be taken into consideration.
He does a little as seen here:

Jaylen Watson (35) just flashing in a lot of ways. Major 'good football player' vibes with smarts. pic.twitter.com/t5WHbNm2yn

— Bryan Stewart (@BryanStewart_) September 27, 2022

He also had an excellent pass defended against Alec Pierce the play before they scored over Thornhill to take the lead.

The point is this guy is a 7th rd pick! That is insane value. Watson really reminds me of Ward in his first year starting
[Reply]
staylor26 10:01 AM 09-30-2022
I'm not at all trying to knock Watson. As far as 7th round picks go, he's a grand slam.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:12 AM 09-30-2022
Not trying to look forward but next Spring is going to be so fucking fun. The last 2 drafts have brought in our future nucleus. These guys are all cheap for the next 4 years minimum.

They’re gonna have so much money and 12 draft picks. The flexibility is gonna be so useful for them.

We’re gonna be piling talent on top of the nucleus of the last 2 drafts.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:16 AM 09-30-2022
I'm not at all trying to knock Watson. As far as 7th round picks go, he's a grand slam.
I'd say as far as just about any draft pick goes he's been a grand slam. So far you could say he's performing as a day 2 or 3 pick. We've seen countless first rd corners come in and struggle before finally putting it all together, he's hit the ground running. Granted, I'm sure he'll have some more struggles as there is more tape on him, but agreed he's been a grand slam. Not disagreeing at all here, just expanding on how impressive of a pick he's been.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 112
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up