ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 120
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:04 AM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
This was something I was curious about when the story broke that I never really heard anyone discuss. Even without pitch com, it's not like he's yelling pitches at these guys. From everything I've ever heard about it they have pitches numbered 1-4 & he flashes that number. Since there are more than 4 or 5 types of pitches that can be thrown I would have to assume the numbering system is different for each pitcher. (like 2 might be curveball for "pitcher a" & a slider for "pitcher b" who doesn't throw a curve) So if he puts down 2 fingers how would the pitcher know which pitch he actually intended to call? Only thing I can think was he would flash 4 fingers at a guy who only throws 2 pitches.
Only thing I can figure is that you could watch tape, see that he selected '2' for instance and then moved expecting, i dunno, a curveball and then the pitch ended up a sinker. And so he looked crossed up because he didn't realize he'd called for the pitcher to throw a sinker instead of a curve.

It could also explain some of the baffling pitch selection issues/questions we were seeing when none of us could figure out why he was calling some of the pitches he was.

Maybe he WASN'T calling those - he just didn't realize what it was he WAS calling. Don't get me wrong - that's not any better at all - but it's an answer I suppose.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:03 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh, and the Cardinals didn't say (nor did any of their own reporters) that he was calling pitches that his guys didn't have. It was a NYY reporter that broke that.

I am curious, however, what the mechanics of that would even BE in the pitch-com era. How does one call for a curveball to a guy that doesn't have one - pitch-com, to my knowledge, is tailored to the individual starter.

Maybe Mozeliak got the Freeware version so he could save DeWitt a few bucks...
Mr Dewitt, we really need this software for scouting but I think we can get away with only buying one license and everyone sharing it. It's going to be great.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:12 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Mr Dewitt, we really need this software for scouting but I think we can get away with only buying one license and everyone sharing it. It's going to be great.
The idea of DeWitt having a pirated version of Windows XP w/ a sticky note on the CD with the 'office password' on it rings just a little too close to the truth...
[Reply]
seclark 02:52 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The idea of DeWitt having a pirated version of Windows XP w/ a sticky note on the CD with the 'office password' on it rings just a little too close to the truth...
Password is “Fredbird”.
sec
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:03 PM 07-20-2023
No matter how bad it is or gets, Mo ain’t going anywhere
Dewitt

“We thought at this point we would obviously be much better than we’ve been. We haven’t played well in the first half to get up where we thought we would be. It’s surprising. Not only did we feel like we had a very competitive club, and I think third parties thought so, too. We were right up there at the top of our division. And it hasn’t worked out that way.

I’d like to see the team have a very strong second half and play up to its capabilities. There is a lot of talent on the Cardinals.

I think the trade deadline always activates teams to look to finish strong or build to the future. However you chose to look at it, it is an opportunity. What ways do we think we can improve our club?

I do think we have the right leadership in place. We’ve had a good run of success over the years with the current leadership group, and we’re going to work hard to continue that.”

- St. Louis Cardinals Chairman Bill DeWitt Jr.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:33 PM 07-20-2023
catchers that can excel behind the dish and add some some punch at the plate a rare breed...pick one
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:06 PM 07-20-2023
The Cardinals are featured on today's Immaculate Grid!

https://www.immaculategrid.com/?utm_...07_btn_home_ig
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:26 AM 07-21-2023

The #STLCards have traded Genésis Cabrera to the Blue Jays in exchange for minor-league catching prospect Sammy Hernandez. Cabrera was DFA’d by St. Louis on Monday.

— Katie Woo (@katiejwoo) July 21, 2023

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:32 PM 07-21-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:

Helped me get a 0.07%, 0 2%, and 2% down the middle
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:32 PM 07-21-2023

Helped me get a 0.07%, 0 2%, and 2% down the middle
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:40 PM 07-21-2023
Billy, this is Tommy Pham. With his blend of power and speed and his redassed behavior in the clubhouse, he was one of the most undervalued players in all of baseball. His defect is that he has a degenerative eye condition, and a tendency to slap a bitch. I believe that if you are a stupid motherfucker, you could trade him for two negative WAR relievers, and an idiot OF that accumulates nearly as many broken bones in his hand from punching televisions as he does major league homers.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:12 PM 07-21-2023
I'd be pissed if i actually paid money for MLB.tv, sice they randomly like to black out games and move them to AppleTV for arbitrary reasons.
[Reply]
Miles 12:48 PM 07-24-2023
I just saw Motter was back up and all is saved.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:15 PM 07-24-2023
The Yankees traded with us successfully before. Surely they have top shelf players that are ready next year. They need pitching. How about…..
Montgomery
Hicks
Flaherty

What can we get for them?
[Reply]
Miles 05:56 PM 07-24-2023
I’m prepared for some half measures that are much too focused on the shorter term with some “we were almost there…if you only knew” reports sprinkled in. Hoping it’s something different but not expecting Mo to deviate from his norm.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:24 PM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The Yankees traded with us successfully before. Surely they have top shelf players that are ready next year. They need pitching. How about…..
Montgomery
Hicks
Flaherty

What can we get for them?
Didn't we get Montgomery from them for Bader?
[Reply]
Page 65 of 120
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115 > Last »
Up