ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 72
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:12 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I’m not sure WTF I witnessed with Pat?!?

Was he concussed? Just shell shocked? I don’t recall ever seeing him look like that in a big game, especially in the playoffs!?! He didn’t even looked like he was fired up on the sidelines like normal rallying the troops.

It’s like the Chiefs offense and Mahomes were beamed aboard an alien ship at halftime and they replaced them with what we saw in the second half . . . . . just don’t get it.

They were moving the ball ‘at will’ in the first half and then all of a sudden couldn’t do anything at all.

And it’s not like the Bengals defense was all that great either. They weren’t dominating the line of scrimmage or anything. Pat looked like he couldn’t do anything or make a decision and wouldn’t just tuck it and run with it when he had the opening . . . . . the whole thing was just weird.

They looked like they (offense) mailed it in the second half and I’m just trying to figure out why? Did the Bills games from last week take too much out of them or did they just put it in ‘coast mode’ cause they thought they could cruise to victory after the way the first half went?

I don’t know that I’ll ever understand that loss and Pat’s play in the second half. It just doesn’t make any sense at all.
That's where everybody is at I think.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
So Brady and Manning's legacies were tarnished, then?

How about Drew Brees? How about Aaron Rodgers? Russ Wilson's, too?
Definitely a stupid post.

John Elway took some of the worst beatings of his life in the Super Bowl and his legacy wasn't tarnished.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:21 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Definitely a stupid post.

John Elway took some of the worst beatings of his life in the Super Bowl and his legacy wasn't tarnished.
John Elway was one and done against a first year expansion Jaguars team at home as a 1 seed.

And he had a 10 point lead in that game
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:22 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
John Elway was one and done against a first year expansion Jaguars team at home as a 1 seed.

And he had a 10 point lead in that game
Just finding more and more evidence for why some folks here need to get a hold of themselves.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:25 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
So Brady and Manning's legacies were tarnished, then?

How about Drew Brees? How about Aaron Rodgers? Russ Wilson's, too?
Mahomes was mentioned as possibly one of the two or three best qbs of all time. You don’t think this loss hurts his resume?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:27 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Mahomes was mentioned as possibly one of the two or three best qbs of all time. You don’t think this loss hurts his resume?
What other QB has hosted 4 AFCCGs in a row? Name 1 besides Mahomes..

Meanwhile, the media and NFL wouldn't shut up about Aaron Rodgers for the last how many years? What's he done? Won 1 Super Bowl. That's it.

Short of Brady, Mahomes has been the most successful QB in NFL History in his first 4 years in the league.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:30 PM 01-30-2022
Brady\Pats were up 21-6 at the half against the Colts in the 2006 AFCG and lost. it happens to the best of them
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:33 PM 01-30-2022
if he retired tomorrow yes but otherwise at this point no not really
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:33 PM 01-30-2022
Great QBs have bad games sometimes in the playoffs. There are literally examples of this with every elite player in every sport (Brady being the most prominent throughout his career in the NFL). Sucks that it had to be today with Mahomes but that’s the way she goes.
[Reply]
eDave 08:34 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by petegz28:
What other QB has hosted 4 AFCCGs in a row? Name 1 besides Mahomes..

Meanwhile, the media and NFL wouldn't shut up about Aaron Rodgers for the last how many years? What's he done? Won 1 Super Bowl. That's it.

Short of Brady, Mahomes has been the most successful QB in NFL History in his first 4 years in the league.
If you define a negative as a knock, it's a knock. It sure as shit is right now. What he does going forward will determine it's shelf life.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:35 PM 01-30-2022
If Mahomes never has another playoff win? Sure.

But people have short memories. Basically every Hall of Fame QB (even Top 3) have losses like this on their resume, it's part of playing the game.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 08:35 PM 01-30-2022
It’s like Mahomes received a call during halftime from the Mob and was told to throw the game or his entire family was getting Axed, type of play.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:35 PM 01-30-2022
Ok maybe I need to step back from the ledge. Good night and go chiefs. We always have next year.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:35 PM 01-30-2022
I mean we should have won this game easily, no doubt about it.

As I watch Jimmy G. throw an INT that just sent the Rams to the Super Bowl
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:36 PM 01-30-2022
Jimmy G just threw one of the all time worst INT's ever to end a season. Ouch
[Reply]
Page 65 of 72
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Up