ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 64 of 114
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:46 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The whole thing to me made no sense, the Chiefs are going to want a new stadium in 15-20 years so why are you wanting to do a reno now? The only way it makes sense is so they can say they didn't willingly abandon Arrowhead.

The Royals proposal just looked like they rushed everything together to the point that they couldn't even give you details.
Because if you can get the voters to give you those absurd renovations and cover 2/3 of the bill, you can bank a TON of cash over that 15-20 years of milking the Mahomes era while raking in money from those suites.

Now you have a warchest to get your Hunt-Dome built wherever you need to have it built. All it cost you was time.

That's why the 'offer' was so damn lopsided. If he was going to stay, it was going to be on his terms. And it was just going to be another step towards eventually getting the massive new stadium built with a little more cash/leverage in which to do it.

I don't think it was a good faith effort to create any sort of long-term future in Jackson County. It was a band-aid and easy money if it passes, an excuse if it fails.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:47 AM 04-03-2024
The story of KC Tenants as an organization is their opposition underestimating them and that opposition losing.

Happens every single time.

Quick bit of math: Looks like the Yes Committee spent $53 per vote. The combined No Committee and KC Tenants spent about $1.50 per vote.

— sam zeff (@samzeff) April 3, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
The story of KC Tenants as an organization is their opposition underestimating them and that opposition losing.

Happens every single time.

They really pissed off KcChiefsFan88 though so that counts for something.
[Reply]
kstater 11:50 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because if you can get the voters to give you those absurd renovations and cover 2/3 of the bill, you can bank a TON of cash over that 15-20 years of milking the Mahomes era while raking in money from those suites.

Now you have a warchest to get your Hunt-Dome built wherever you need to have it built. All it cost you was time.

That's why the 'offer' was so damn lopsided. If he was going to stay, it was going to be on his terms. And it was just going to be another step towards eventually getting the massive new stadium built with a little more cash/leverage in which to do it.

I don't think it was a good faith effort to create any sort of long-term future in Jackson County. It was a band-aid and easy money if it passes, an excuse if it fails.
I think it would have been very likely they build a new Arrowhead at Kauffman in 15-20 had it passed. Now, the highest bidder gets it in 7. Could it still end that way, yes. But less likely now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:52 AM 04-03-2024
Whatever differing opinions some of us may have this stadium issue.

Hope we can all agree that any time ChiefsCountry posts it is objectively hilarious.

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I'm sorry you blame billionaires for your shitty life selling weed brownies while stealing the cable from your parents and reading Communist Reddit.
Kansas City: We are not giving our tax money we earned just because you ask for it

ChiefsCountry: Wow ok Communists

:-)

[Reply]
penguinz 11:53 AM 04-03-2024
They really pissed off KcChiefsFan88 though so that counts for something.
Kind of odd that people that are so much against government and taxes want the government to extend a tax going to fund stadiums.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:53 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It honestly feels to me like the Chiefs were reluctant to stay in the first place, but they felt like it would be horrible PR to just come out and say that. Now they can say, "We tried to stay at Arrowhead, but the public just didn't want it."
Exactly what I've thought for a bit. This was a way for them to get their nice new stadium - and potential Super Bowl - in KC without going "Look, we like Arrowhead but it's old. We can't really do anything to do it other than maintain it. We want a new stadium."
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 04-03-2024
Whatever differing opinions some of us may have this stadium issue.

Hope we can all agree that any time ChiefsCountry posts it is objectively hilarious.
I mean it's funny that him and Clay can't not say communist or Marxist in every other post.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Kind of odd that people that are so much against government and taxes want the government to extend a tax going to fund stadiums.
I got a thing in the mail that said far left liberals want to take away the Chiefs from us....isn't cutting taxes a right thing?
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:55 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Right??

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:57 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
I think it would have been very likely they build a new Arrowhead at Kauffman in 15-20 had it passed. Now, the highest bidder gets it in 7. Could it still end that way, yes. But less likely now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Then SAY that.

Sell THAT.

They didn't because ultimately I don't think that's what he wants to do. He wants the whole 'Stadium Village' concept and he's not going to get that off the ground in Independence. The money just isn't there.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:57 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
If Arrowhead was in a good location for development now it could easily last another 50 years, but it's not. I still hope they manage to continue to play there.
Yup. There’s nothing around Arrowhead currently. No hotels, no shopping, no bars, nothing within walking distance.

Legends is already set up. It’s ready made for that. And that’s a massive difference maker.
[Reply]
doomy3 11:58 AM 04-03-2024
I got a thing in the mail that said far left liberals want to take away the Chiefs from us....isn't cutting taxes a right thing?
Oh, I saw plenty of rhetoric from the left saying we should vote no because it would displace people in the area the same way we’ve helped displace Palestinians.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Then SAY that.

Sell THAT.

They didn't because ultimately I don't think that's what he wants to do. He wants the whole 'Stadium Village' concept and he's not going to get that off the ground in Independence. The money just isn't there.
As someone that lives in that area, I'm not sure where they'd even fucking put that. The best part of Independence is the Northern part but I doubt they want Chiefs stadium by Independence Center.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:02 PM 04-03-2024
As someone that lives in that area, I'm not sure where they'd even ****ing put that. The best part of Independence is the Northern part but I doubt they want Chiefs stadium by Independence Center.
How is Independence Center the northern part of Independence?
[Reply]
Page 64 of 114
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874 > Last »
Up