ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 139
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:57 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So there are 3 teams in the AFC with the QB to really feel like they can legitimately go toe-to-toe with the Chiefs:

Buffalo
Cincinnati
Los Angeles Chargers

We just talked about Buffalo. The Chargers are in even worse shape against the cap and haven't even given Herbert the big deal yet.

Cincinnati is the only in comparable shape cap-wise, and will be looking to do its Burrow extension before next year... if the owners can afford to do it.

Higgins needs a new deal, too. Boyd is a free agent after 23. Jonah Williams needs a new deal. Logan Wilson will, too.
I completely expect them to cheap out on several contracts and give Joe Burrow the Aaron Rodgers treatment. "If your so good make these recievers good"
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That JC Jackson contract is going to be a pain in the Chargers ass.
They must have really thought they were a SB team right now because there's really no way to justify some of their moves...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:00 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And that doesn't even factor in that Jamar Chase is gonna wanna break the bank and Cincy is historically a cheap franchise.

The Chargers spent all that money to keep all their guys before paying Herbert so now they'll have to start cutting guys to move forward...
And what if one of these QBs goes down during an “all in” year. Would really suck to mortgage the future for one season, just to have your QB get hurt.

We’ve discussed how reckless Allen is when he runs.

Burrow has been sacked 107 times in 33 career games. He’s already at 24 this year.

The Chargers are a team of broke dicks too. Herbert is feeling that this year.

Obviously, Mahomes isn’t immune to injury but I’d bet on his health over theirs.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I completely expect them to cheap out on several contracts and give Joe Burrow the Aaron Rodgers treatment. "If your so good make these recievers good"
It'll probably go like this...pay Burrow, walk on Higgins and Boyd, franchise tag Chase for a year, attempt to trade.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:01 PM 10-28-2022
They will definitely lock Burrow and Chase up.

No way Burrow sits back and watches him walk.

But Higgins is as good as gone. Maybe he'll be a Chief?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:01 PM 10-28-2022
Odd coincidence. Mahomes and Burrow have both taken 107 sacks, but Mahomes has played 37 more games.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:02 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So there are 3 teams in the AFC with the QB to really feel like they can legitimately go toe-to-toe with the Chiefs:

Buffalo
Cincinnati
Los Angeles Chargers

We just talked about Buffalo. The Chargers are in even worse shape against the cap and haven't even given Herbert the big deal yet.

Cincinnati is the only in comparable shape cap-wise, and will be looking to do its Burrow extension before next year... if the owners can afford to do it.

Higgins needs a new deal, too. Boyd is a free agent after 23. Jonah Williams needs a new deal. Logan Wilson will, too.
Burrow is really really good. We’re also discovering that he’s the Trent green type who needs decades of time to get rid of the ball which could make pass pro a problem. Plus their ownership is notoriously cheap and their players perform despite their coaching. The offensive playcalling is far from inspiring.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:03 PM 10-28-2022
If I was a Bengals fan I'd be really really worried about Chase's hip

Hearing that is a complicated injury
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:03 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Burrow is really really good. We’re also discovering that he’s the Trent green type who needs decades of time to get rid of the ball which could make pass pro a problem. Plus their ownership is notoriously cheap and their players perform despite their coaching. The offensive playcalling is far from inspiring.
The offensive play calling has a lot to do with how long Burrow holds the ball. They run a lot of long, straight drops. Very little PA.

They have issues for sure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:04 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They will definitely lock Burrow and Chase up.

No way Burrow sits back and watches him walk.

But Higgins is as good as gone. Maybe he'll be a Chief?
Yeah, I think Burrow ends up in a Rodgers situation where he has Chase and a bunch of cast offs.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:05 PM 10-28-2022
I just looked at the Chargers cap on spotrat they're 14 million over for next year and don't really have anyone they can cut to save a bunch of money...

Give them a look for the next few years, it's UGLY.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:05 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If I was a Bengals fan I'd be really really worried about Chase's hip

Hearing that is a complicated injury
They said he'd be out a minimum of 4-6 weeks. It sounds kind of bad.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:06 PM 10-28-2022
It's hard for me to see Cincy having a top 3 paid QB and the top paid WR and we all know that's what Chase is going for.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:08 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's hard for me to see Cincy having a top 3 paid QB and the top paid WR and we all know that's what Chase is going for.
Yeah, ownership is the wild card. Who knows if they'll want to lay out the cash it will take to sign both.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:09 PM 10-28-2022
I can’t imagine how discouraging it is for other AFC teams to see the Chiefs still in the mix at the top right now.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 139
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Up